PDA

View Full Version : Atari Bigby

b bulldog
09-23-2007, 03:49 PM
He has really played well and he is such a huge upgrade over Manuel. The guy is a great tackler and he is one of the big reasons why our D is better.

MadtownPacker
09-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Dude must have tight coverage all day cuz you never hear his name called.

Harlan Huckleby
He's a good tackler. I don't know what his coverage skills are like. Did the secondary play well today? I can't tell. Rivers had a good game statistically.

Fred's Slacks
Completely agree. My biggest pleasant surprise. He has solidified the one big weak spot on the D.

BallHawk
09-23-2007, 03:52 PM
When you don't hear a safety's name called it's a good thing.

Fred's Slacks
09-23-2007, 03:53 PM
He's a good tackler. I don't know what his coverage skills are like. Did the secondary play well today? I can't tell. Rivers had a good game statistically.

Beside their last drive of the first half, I think they did play pretty well. SD's receivers were playing very well today.

superfan
09-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Completely agree about Bigby being a big upgrade over Manuel. He is an intimidating presence, solid tackler, and hasn't yet gotten seriously exposed in coverage.

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Rivers is a damn good passer.

Lurker64
09-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Did the secondary play well today?

Nobody could cover Gates, but other than that the secondary played well.

Deputy Nutz
I thought Bigby had a good to great game. He is a good hitter and a great hitter. He is a force coming up from his safety position. Gates was all over the field today but I just didn't see Bigby being the guy completely responsibly for him. I saw Gates find the creases in the zone and take advantage of it. Gates is going to catch balls, but the Packers kept him closed in where he could break any big plays.

Bigby is surely an upgrade of Manuel or Roman.

Scott Campbell
Bigby's emergence seems to coincide with Collin's disappearance.

superfan
09-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Bigby's emergence seems to coincide with Collin's disappearance.

Effective immediately -- all negative or somewhat negative posts following a victory over the Chargers should be sent to the Rat Trap.

:D

Scott Campbell
09-23-2007, 04:16 PM

Rivers collapsed down the stretch, and it wasn't due to coverage or pressure. He overthrew 2 guys and had a pick at crucial times. But he played well until then.

Maxie the Taxi
09-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Dude must have tight coverage all day cuz you never hear his name called.

Box score tells the tale. Bigby had 8 tackles and two assists to lead the defense.

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Bigby seems to be playing better than Collins. When Bigby gets beat, it's barely and he's right there, doing the right thing. When Collins gets beat, he looks lost and gets toasted. I'm disappointed in Collins.

HarveyWallbangers
09-23-2007, 05:30 PM
I know it's easy to blame somebody, but Collins hasn't really giving up much either. Face it, the safety play is much better this year. Gates and Shockey killed us (against all kinds of different combinations), but they do that to a lot of teams. Woodson and Harris gave up plays in the first two games. Bush got beat a lot this game. To me, there's nothing wrong when you don't hear the safeties name--except on tackles. Bigby has been in the box more, so he's had more opportunities to make tackles. Would you rather have Manuel or Roman?

Deputy Nutz
09-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Collins just doesn't seem like he is going to be a guy that is going to make or create big plays. He is consistent. He isn't going to be a Darren Sharper type who sits and cherry picks at the end of games or at half time, Collins doesn't have that good of hands.

cheesner
09-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Announcers said something pre-game about Bigby. They said they were talking to Rivers and he mentioned Bigby as looking very good on the game tape.

Cheesehead Craig
09-23-2007, 08:10 PM
I know it's easy to blame somebody, but Collins hasn't really giving up much either. Face it, the safety play is much better this year. Gates and Shockey killed us (against all kinds of different combinations), but they do that to a lot of teams. Woodson and Harris gave up plays in the first two games. Bush got beat a lot this game. To me, there's nothing wrong when you don't hear the safeties name--except on tackles. Bigby has been in the box more, so he's had more opportunities to make tackles. Would you rather have Manuel or Roman?
Amen brother!

b bulldog
09-23-2007, 08:27 PM
I was posting quite a bit near the end of last season that Collins is a great athlete who really has no clue when it comes to instincts at the S position. He misses tackles and he seems to always drop the pic.

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 08:34 PM
I was posting quite a bit near the end of last season that Collins is a great athlete who really has no clue when it comes to instincts at the S position. He misses tackles and he seems to always drop the pic.

He's not good in coverage at all. He's a great athelete and a powerfull tackler for a safety. He's not a complete player at all though.

mmmdk
09-24-2007, 05:33 AM
Bigby seems to be playing better than Collins. When Bigby gets beat, it's barely and he's right there, doing the right thing. When Collins gets beat, he looks lost and gets toasted. I'm disappointed in Collins.

Very true; Manny to Plexiglass TD in week 2 had Bigby only by a hair.

cpk1994
09-24-2007, 06:52 AM

Rivers collapsed down the stretch, and it wasn't due to coverage or pressure. He overthrew 2 guys and had a pick at crucial times. But he played well until then.THe last pick to Barnett WAS pressure. He had his lineman pushed all the way into his grill and couldn't step into throw.