PDA

View Full Version : TT, love him or hate him, let's debate em!!

MadtownPacker
03-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Can I can a round of GM strength KoolAid?

MJZiggy
03-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Can I have a middle ground please? How 'bout a cautiously optimistic? Given the two choices only, I'd have to go for Love him because he is cleaning up Sherman's Lagoon.

jack's smirking revenge
03-24-2006, 12:29 PM
I think we need an "on-the fence" option. I don't love him or hate him yet.

Remember....I'm the "advocate patience" guy...

tyler

Deputy Nutz
03-24-2006, 11:07 PM
The man has deep pockets, and he doesn't like to take risks even when he has the bank roll to back it up. It can stick in your craw at times, but it is the right approach to get the depth of this roster back on track. When the team truly has solid core of quality players, then it is time to make your push, that is the point where you go get the last puzzle pieces with the lure of a chance to go to a Super Bowl, that is when you land that big Lunker of a free agent.

Fosco33
03-24-2006, 11:22 PM
The man has deep pockets, and he doesn't like to take risks even when he has the bank roll to back it up. It can stick in your craw at times, but it is the right approach to get the depth of this roster back on track. When the team truly has solid core of quality players, then it is time to make your push, that is the point where you go get the last puzzle pieces with the lure of a chance to go to a Super Bowl, that is when you land that big Lunker of a free agent.

Spot on, Nutz.

Everyone - look at the Steelers last year as a model of good drafts. Look at the run Denver tried to make after a few years of solid drafts. Another year or two and then we look for the dimonds.

MJZiggy
03-25-2006, 03:40 PM
One diamond would sure be nice, though. I suppose when you have to bring in 27 punters and kickers to try and find the one or two talented ones then you have to be more cautious though.

Bretsky
03-26-2006, 12:55 AM
One diamond would sure be nice, though. I suppose when you have to bring in 27 punters and kickers to try and find the one or two talented ones then you have to be more cautious though.

So far to me TT is an absolutely piece of rotton shit if you want to win asap.

The jury is out as to whether the smell will get better.

oregonpackfan
03-26-2006, 08:22 AM
On a scale of 1 to 5, I would have to rank TT a "too" for "Too" early to evaluate his effectiveness.

I want to see his next draft and see how the Packers fare this season before I give a judgment one way or the other about him.

Oregonpackfan

Pack0514
03-26-2006, 11:05 AM
First of all, thanks for having me over here. It will be nice to kick it with you all.

Anyways, I still feel you have to give the guy another year or two. I am putting my faith in him that he actually has a plan (God I hope he has plan!)

If after 2-3 years of having the job, we see no improvement in the team, The guy should be dragged out of lambeau by his finger nails.

swede
03-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah. I said I'm in love.

But I'm waiting to be jilted and find out that the frosty coldness of his polar mind is really slow-moving glacial inactivity for inactivity's sake. Then I will be sad that my true love was not what he seemed to be, and a weasel at that.

Mostly I love his hair.

Scott Campbell
03-27-2006, 08:55 PM
I think it's way too early to say. I think most of the critisism is premature. But the bottom line is 4-12. He's got to improve this team dramatically.

jack's smirking revenge
03-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Yeah. I said I'm in love.

But I'm waiting to be jilted and find out that the frosty coldness of his polar mind is really slow-moving glacial inactivity for inactivity's sake. Then I will be sad that my true love was not what he seemed to be, and a weasel at that.

Mostly I love his hair.

That was fuckin' funny swede!

Sadly, I love his hair too...

tyler

MJZiggy
03-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Last year it was evident that there was one move or combo of moves that resonated with the fans. Wahle walked and was replaced by Klemm. On the good side, he brought in Gado.

So, so far this year, what do you think his big coup was and his worst moment?

jack's smirking revenge
03-28-2006, 12:26 PM
I don't think people can say that he hasn't been active. Perhaps he should be titled as taking more "financially-calculated risks" than many other GMs.

Pete Dougherty made an interesting comment in his chat about teams that have "bought their way" to the SB. There hasn't been any. The thrifty and cost-conscious teams, like the Pats and the Steelers, have been there of late. Football isn't like Baseball, where deep pocket teams can buy their way to the big game. Football financials are titled toward big-market teams, but there are too many players on an NFL team for a single franchise to buy their way to the big game. I support Ted's direction of trying to build the best team possible while watching the checkbook. There will be opportunities to use the cap space during the season.

tyler

Oscar
03-29-2006, 02:59 PM
I think T.T. is doing a good job so far. Just my opinion though.. He is what he is. I've thought all along that he has 4 or 5 top free agents in mind and is gonna stick with his plan not to over pay and pick up second level guys to build depth. I hope it works out.

MJZiggy
03-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Everyone's talking too about the amount of money he may begin the season with this year, but I'm thinking that's a pretty wise move considering that he's going to want to sign some of these guys he brought in to longer deals and if anyone gets injured and he has to go out and sign a replacement, at least he'll have the money to do it.

Oscar
03-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Thats very true. I brought that up over on CE with Harvey. I just wonder how much money he really needs to roll into the season with? I still hope he brings in Woodson and a couple more L- backers. I know there are more players needed thats just to start with. :smile:

MJZiggy
03-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Isn't there a whole parade of no-names coming to work out in the next week or two? I thought I had read about a few people.

Oscar
03-29-2006, 03:23 PM
I didn't type that right.. I hope he signs Woodson and some backers.. :oops: LOL JUst to start with that is.

MadtownPacker
03-29-2006, 07:35 PM
I didn't type that right.. I hope he signs Woodson and some backers.. :oops: LOL JUst to start with that is.
Living around insane raider fans I can tell you their hopes and dreams for what Woodson would be have never came true. If TT signs him it would be to make the splash that would get his popularity up though. I did like the Harris and him being the best duo comment though. At this point the money aint going anywhere else so I think TT will pick Woodson up this weekend. Maybe the clean air and healthy living will have an effect on him.

FavreChild
03-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Yep, that pretty much sums it up, Mad.

This signing would essentially be a no-lose situation for our favorite GM. TT is starting to build momentum - so far as his "approval rating" goes - so signing Woodson would keep him going in the right direction. At worst, if it turns out to be a bust - it won't matter too much, 'cause we had the money to spend.

And if he doesn't sign Woodson....well, we're all pretty much used to the "non-signings" by now.

Oscar
03-29-2006, 09:22 PM
I just kinda felt that Woodson would be a positive signing for the Green Bay Packers. Never thought of it as a PR move for T.T. :smile: who knows though. :wink: Think I'm gonna grab a beer and kick back.

billy_oliver880
03-29-2006, 09:31 PM
And if he doesn't sign Woodson....well, we're all pretty much used to the "non-signings" by now.

No doubt....what the heck is TT going to do with all that extra cash he isn't spending???? Dunk himself in icing and go roll in the cash he has sitting in his office? :evil:

MadtownPacker
03-29-2006, 09:39 PM
I just kinda felt that Woodson would be a positive signing for the Green Bay Packers. Never thought of it as a PR move for T.T. :smile: who knows though. :wink: Think I'm gonna grab a beer and kick back.

I think he has not panned out for the raiders but I think it would be a good signing for TT. Unless he is truly the moron his detractors claim, he knows he job is tied to making the fans happy. I reall hope he signs him now. Not sure why but a change of pace might do him some good. he played at Michigian right? Is he from the area?

FavreChild
03-29-2006, 09:47 PM
I dunno....TT never seemed concerned about PR/his image before. But still...it it's a move that can't go against him.

Eh, don't matter - I'll go with Jeffro's suggestion...

MOBB DEEP
10-27-2008, 08:15 PM

No doubt....what the heck is TT going to do with all that extra cash he isn't spending???? Dunk himself in icing and go roll in the cash he has sitting in his office? :evil:

hmm...

Lurker64
10-27-2008, 08:23 PM

Pay Greg Jennings hopefully ;)

MOBB DEEP
10-27-2008, 08:32 PM

XACTLY...

MOBB DEEP
10-27-2008, 11:33 PM
will tt do enuff to allow aaron to maximize his and the pack's skills? get some FA's!

MOBB DEEP
10-28-2008, 08:42 AM
!!!!!!!

Zool
10-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Stop bumping your own shit Mobb. We've all read it.

gex
10-28-2008, 03:40 PM

You sure do hate being called out on your BS. Maybe you should stop typing it?

Lurker64
10-28-2008, 03:54 PM

You sure do hate being called out on your BS. Maybe you should stop typing it?

Zool had a good point. No need to bump a 2.5 year old thread that wasn't that good to begin with, whose topic has been discussed in many, many, many, many threads since. There are good bumps and there are bad bumps, and this was not a good one.

Partial
10-28-2008, 11:17 PM
good gm, one of the best in the league at evaluating talent imo. Right up there with Phil Savage as a talent evaluator.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Zool had a good point. No need to bump a 2.5 year old thread that wasn't that good to begin with, whose topic has been discussed in many, many, many, many threads since. There are good bumps and there are bad bumps, and this was not a good one.Whats wrong with this thread? It was the first one about TT if I recall.

Zool
10-29-2008, 07:33 AM
I have no problem with this other than Mobb bumped the thread Monday and no one replied so then he bumped it again Tuesday. You werent funny/clever Monday. 24 hours isn't going to change that.

KYPack
10-29-2008, 07:47 AM
I, too, recently bumped a thread. Right after the Indy game, I bumped a thread in which Mobb posted that the only sure loss on our schedule was the Indy game. Because Tony Dungy was such a genius he would easily out coach our poor Mike McCarthy.

I didn't think Mobb would get around to bump that baby.

Nobody, I repeat nobody gave a shit.

So I decided bumping threads was a stupid idea and a waste of time.

I still think so.

Zool
10-29-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm all for some bumps if they are funny, but if you get no reaction, you let it die.

Cheesehead Craig
10-29-2008, 08:31 AM
I feel TT has done a great job so far. Very good drafts and has built up a team that seems to be able to be a winner for a long time. Doesn't just sign FAs for the sake of signing them to make the couch potato GMs happy. I remember when people were screaming for him to sign Arrington and not Woodson. How's that looking now?

The guy is smart and yes I feel he does have some ego, but then all GMs do to some extent. They are put in a position where they have to show how smart and confident they are.

Does the team still have some holes? Yes. But so does every team. I believe that he will get the right guys in here to fill them and we can look forward to a team that is a Super Bowl contender year in and out. We're not that far away from that right now.

prsnfoto
10-29-2008, 09:12 AM

After seeing what Lee Evans got it will take 11-12 million a year to sign Jennings long term is he worth that much? I would say yes considering we have a certain somebody sucking up 7 million for 1/2 sack! :roll:

MOBB DEEP
10-29-2008, 09:41 AM
I, too, recently bumped a thread. Right after the Indy game, I bumped a thread in which Mobb posted that the only sure loss on our schedule was the Indy game. Because Tony Dungy was such a genius he would easily out coach our poor Mike McCarthy.

I didn't think Mobb would get around to bump that baby.

he he...

MOBB DEEP
10-29-2008, 09:43 AM
I have no problem with this other than Mobb bumped the thread Monday and no one replied so then he bumped it again Tuesday. You werent funny/clever Monday. 24 hours isn't going to change that.

meanie...