PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre should just retire

CaliforniaCheez
09-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Remember the stories by national media:

Brett Favre is just holding on and isn't what he used to be.

He is holding back the developement of Aaron Rodgers.

Brett Favre is holding the Packers hostage.

Will they be saying such things in 3 years?? 5 years??

Brando19
09-23-2007, 06:20 PM
I understand what you're saying....but change the freakin' title of this thread! Especially after a big win...nobody wants to read "Brett Favre should just retire!"

CaliforniaCheez
09-23-2007, 06:39 PM
It is viking week. Truth and reality will not be coming from Minneapolis.

In this first amendment democracy, where are the checks and balances on the media?

gbgary
09-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Brett Favre should just retire

i agree..........he's toast!!

:D

Deputy Nutz
09-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Hell I just heard the same thing on Friday morning on a radio talk show.

Favre made comments this week that if he feels good and his play remains steady he sees no reason why he won't be back in 2008.

Right away some silly retard mentions how this is unfair to Aaron Rodgers. Unfair??? How about Rodgers gets to a level that he actually performs better than Favre and gives this team a better opportunity to win games than #4.

Just because you get drafted in the first round the team doesn't owe you playing time, in fact they owe nothing but the money they have agreed to pay the player as long as he is still a member of the team.

gbgary
09-23-2007, 07:03 PM
unfair? that's stupid! if rodgers is good to take the job away from brett than more power to him but since that hasn't happened we'll just have to suffer with the best QB ever.

VegasPackFan
09-23-2007, 07:03 PM
I was wearing my #4 jersey today at the sports bar which plays all the games and therefore has lots of different fans in the place each week.

Last couple years all I heard is "Brett should retire".

Today, people are coming up to me saying, "That guys is such a warrior". And also "How many more years you think he will play".

TOTAL CHANGE AROUND.

Brett has regained the respect of the national football fan base once again.

Packnut
09-23-2007, 07:05 PM
It's not just the media. It seem's like I've been arguing on behalf of Favre in this forum for quite a while now. Shadow and ND just to name 2 have ripped Favre over and over. Of course they look pretty foolish about now......

b bulldog
09-23-2007, 07:08 PM
I have ripped him plenty of times but I have also given him some props when he deserves it.

The Shadow
09-23-2007, 07:15 PM
It's not just the media. It seem's like I've been arguing on behalf of Favre in this forum for quite a while now. 1. Shadow and ND just to name 2 have ripped Favre over and over. Of course 2. they look pretty foolish about now......

.................................................. .................................................. .
1. No, we just insist on evaluating players as fairly as we can - and jocksniffing is not a substitute for clear analysis. The Packers are my team; when the quarterback plays well, I am very happy and applaud him. When he does not, I am not happy & refuse to make excuses for him.
It's really as simple as that.
2. Don't worry - your alltime status is not in jeopardy.

esoxx
09-23-2007, 08:45 PM
The "retirement now" crowd was and is a blight on society. They don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

CaliforniaCheez
10-05-2007, 01:34 AM
If Brett continues at his current pace of 301 yards/game he will beat Marino's yardage record during the 4th quarter of the Raider game at Lambeau Field.

If he only averages 221 yards passing each game remaining this season he will break the yardage record at home during the final game this season at Lambeau Field against the Lions.

For now every attempt, completion, and touchdown pass is a record.

The consecutive start streak he is only in second place until 2010.

If Warren Moon can play to age 42, I'm sure tough, iron man Brett, can too.