PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night Football - Bears Vs. Cowboys

OS PA
09-23-2007, 06:45 PM
I have an extreme dislike for both of these teams. With this said, I would love to see the Bears fall to 1 - 2, rather than see them at 2 -1. However, it is necessary to note that if the Cowboys lose, the Packers would be the only 3 - 0 team in the NFC. How long has it been since we've been able to say the Packers are #1? Especially after week #3?

I'm torn between who I want to win this game. Here's hoping for a tie.

BallHawk
09-23-2007, 07:00 PM
If the Cowboys lose the Pack are the only undefeated team in the NFC.

Bretsky
09-23-2007, 07:05 PM
If the Cowboys lose the Pack are the only undefeated team in the NFC.

First goal is to win the division; gotta cheer for the Cowboys

Packnut
09-23-2007, 07:06 PM
I got a hundred on the Boys tonight getting 3

OS PA
09-23-2007, 07:08 PM

All they have to score is three and you win a hundred? Where are you getting these odds? =P

OS PA
09-23-2007, 07:37 PM
We play both of these teams, and both of these teams are beatable.

Packnut
09-23-2007, 08:36 PM

All they have to score is three and you win a hundred? Where are you getting these odds? =P

The spread was Dallas +3

BallHawk
09-23-2007, 08:44 PM
That was a pretty bad drop by Crayton.

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 08:52 PM

No shit. The Cowboys kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties too.

I'll be curious to see the second half. That was just way too sloppy for me to take away anything from these teams. I know the Cowboys are supposed ot ahve a good offense, but when you're consistantly facing 1st and 20, 2nd and 15 and 3rd and 10 because of penalties, it's hard to show much.

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 08:53 PM
The Cowboys seem to have a hole at WR. Benson is not impressive. Wrecks really is that up and down. The Bears don't have much offense even against a horrible D.

I'm thinking Dallas is a better team, but they keep making stupid mistakes. Maybe they are more talented but less disaplined.

Packnut
09-23-2007, 08:57 PM

I spilled my rum and diet coke all over the floor when he dropped it. Should be 10-3 now.

]{ilr]3
09-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Wow! A mexican halftime celibration with mexican blues brothers!

This is entertainment????? :shock:

MadScientist
09-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Do either of these teams look like elite, or even good, teams. 3 - 3 at the half, lots of dropped passes. botched field goals, etc. I know the Bears D can make good teams look bad, but the cowpies just look sloppy. The Koalas receivers are making it look like the problem is not the QB.

Given what I think of both of these teams, I couldn't have asked for a better first half. :twisted:

packers11
09-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Did Olbermann get in trouble??? What was that phone about...
I think he got yelled at by someone :lol:

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 09:04 PM
If you believe the large market hype, you'd think Urlacher was the best LB in the game. If you watch him play, you see a guy who misses open field tackles and is largely unspectacular.

Urlacher is a probowler, but he's not the elite all decade type talent that he is hyped up to be.

MJZiggy
09-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Is it worth going down to watch the second half?

]{ilr]3
09-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Is it worth going down to watch the second half?

Cowboys look like they have made some adjustments and are moving the ball. The bears have some injuruies that may make in impact as well.

Could be interesting

GrnBay007
09-23-2007, 09:08 PM

I spilled my rum and diet coke all over the floor when he dropped it. Should be 10-3 now.

If it was Bacardi I'd be upset!

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Romo is the best player on the field.

Partial
09-23-2007, 09:10 PM
If you believe the large market hype, you'd think Urlacher was the best LB in the game. If you watch him play, you see a guy who misses open field tackles and is largely unspectacular.

Urlacher is a probowler, but he's not the elite all decade type talent that he is hyped up to be.

He's also on the downside of his career. He is a very solid open-field tackler. He's a great player.

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 09:13 PM
He whiffed pretty good tonight. Every time I watch the Bears he's making a big whiff.

Probowler? Yes. He's not , however, all decade like the hype suggests.

Put any player in Chicago, NY, LA (for baseball and basketball) and you get overhyped players.

Derek Jeter has always been a very good baseball player but playing in NY makes him a sure fire HOFer. Urlacher is getting some of that big market pub IMO.

I'm not saying he's bad. I'm just saying he gets beat a lot more than the hype would let on.

packers11
09-23-2007, 09:15 PM
T.O. is a beast... He is carving up the Bears D...

Packnut
09-23-2007, 09:17 PM

If it was Bacardi I'd be upset!

It was :cry:

My yellow lab did enjoy it

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 09:21 PM
The Bears are doing a good job exploiting the weak middle of the Cowboys D.

I think the Packers, Cowboys and Bears are the cream of the NFC crop. All of them have weaknesses. I think the Cowboys weakness is the most damning because it's the defense. The Bears have a bad QB. The Packers have no run game.

Whoever goes in the NFC is just going line up to get beat by the Colts, Pats or STeelers. Hopefully age and injuries decimate the Pats because they are the most complete right now.

MadScientist
09-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Bears are getting groin pulls liker the packers got hamstrings.

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 09:34 PM
I'd rather play Wrecks and the Bears than Romo and the Cowboys.

Romo is the best player on the field. A real difference maker. Unlike #54, really.

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 09:36 PM
You see that? Urlacher got beat down the middle by witten. Then get got beat right up the middle on the run. He whiffed on a pretty straight forward open tackle.

OVERRATED!!

Partial
09-23-2007, 09:36 PM
He whiffed pretty good tonight. Every time I watch the Bears he's making a big whiff.

Probowler? Yes. He's not , however, all decade like the hype suggests.

Put any player in Chicago, NY, LA (for baseball and basketball) and you get overhyped players.

Derek Jeter has always been a very good baseball player but playing in NY makes him a sure fire HOFer. Urlacher is getting some of that big market pub IMO.

I'm not saying he's bad. I'm just saying he gets beat a lot more than the hype would let on.

Terrible comparison. Jeter is the mark of consistency. He does well year after year after year. If anything, I think he does it quite quietly next to A-rod.

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm comparing the hype of big market teams. Jeter is overrated. He's no better than Biggio but he's on ESPN every night and Biggio is not ever.

packers11
09-23-2007, 09:46 PM
YES!!! FUMBLE!!! GOODBYE BENSON!!!

RashanGary
The Bears are fatally flawed without Tank and Jones. Those were two of their best 5 players.

packers11
Another Dallas score should put Wrecks into red alert and a couple INT's will be on the way... :)

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Romo is a stud!

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Beat Urlacher again. I'm telling you. Watch him. He's not as good as the hype.

packers11
09-23-2007, 09:52 PM
I NEED A FG TO COVER DALLAS over 17 points... COME ON!!!

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 09:52 PM
wooo hoo he made a play. They'll replay that on ESPN 10 times and they won't show the mutlitple times he got beat or the whiff.

The Shadow
09-23-2007, 09:54 PM
The decision to keep Benson & trade Jones was - as stated so many times before - great news for the Packers.

Partial
09-23-2007, 09:57 PM
wooo hoo he made a play. They'll replay that on ESPN 10 times and they won't show the mutlitple times he got beat or the whiff.

Everybody gets beat from time to time. Making an open field tackle is very tough. Have you ever tried it? Someone running at you full speed when you need to stay relatively still so you can adjust to their cuts and whatnot is quite hard. It hurts like a mofo too. Give him some credit. He'd start over Barnett is an instant.

]{ilr]3
09-23-2007, 09:59 PM
LOL, bear (so called fans) are chanting griesy, griesy! :lol:

packers11
09-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Another Dallas score should put Wrecks into red alert and a couple INT's will be on the way... :)

I CALLED IT... REDDDDD ALERRRTTT!!! HAHA

Packnut
09-23-2007, 10:00 PM
This game is OVER! Made a couple of hundred today, Packers win and the bears lose. Ahhhhh, life is good!

GrnBay007
09-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Yep, pick by Grossman. I feel so bad for the bears. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Scott Campbell
09-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Man, I'm really going to miss Grossman.

packers11
09-23-2007, 10:03 PM

Me too :(

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 10:09 PM
I was at a Bears forum. I said "WRECKS TIME!!" and he threw a pick. It was great. They are sick after that loss. They know they are going to have a tough time getting back to the playoffs. It's great after the shit they spewwed here last year.

Deputy Nutz
09-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Well the Dallas defense looks really good.

Grossman is just terrible, he is supposed to have a strong arm but watching Brett throw and comparing it to Grossman is just laughable, he floats that out pattern something fierce.

MadScientist
09-23-2007, 10:12 PM

Me too :(

Yep, we are going to see Greasy at least for the Packers game, if not next week. Pity, it's bound to be an upgrade.

Did you hear the Tommy Harris quote, when asked if they still have faith in Rex in the locker room? His response 'Yes, we have to, and if we don't, just shut up about it.'

GrnBay007
09-23-2007, 10:12 PM
The Bears invested (wasted) too much time trying to make Grossman fit. IMO
Lovie sure stuck by him. ....maybe he still will, who knows?

Scott Campbell
09-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Did you hear the Tommy Harris quote, when asked if they still have faith in Rex in the locker room? His response 'Yes, we have to, and if we don't, just shut up about it.'

LOL

Well that's how you're supposed to feel, but you're not supposed to say that kind of stuff. Bear IQ I guess.

The Shadow
09-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Hysterical to see Hester so ineffective.

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 10:18 PM
It feels good to be back on top the North. Shadow was right about Thomas Jones. He was aging and it's not a long term loss, but they are a right now team. They gave up their best offensive weapon right now. Ouch :)

The Shadow
09-23-2007, 10:21 PM
And for dessert : Urlacher whiffs!

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 10:22 PM
And Ruben Brown goes down.

Oh man, this is great. Everythign Shadow and I predicted preseason is coming miserably true for the Bears.

Shadow was right on with Jones. I said their Oline had too many old palyers to stay healthy.

Oh, this is sweet justice for the Bears. I'm enjoying this way too much. I need to go to confession.

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 10:23 PM
And for dessert : Urlacher whiffs!

Sounds like a soft, fluffy cream based desert :)

I love Packer wins, but these Bear losses are feeling sinfully sweet.

OKC PackerFan
Well the Dallas defense looks really good.

Grossman is just terrible, he is supposed to have a strong arm but watching Brett throw and comparing it to Grossman is just laughable, he floats that out pattern something fierce.

Cowboys defense is average and very beatable, the only reason it looks good tonight is because the Bears offense is so pathetic. Now the Cowboys offense, is really good.

Deputy Nutz
Grossman aint good baby!

packers11
09-23-2007, 10:24 PM
INT!!! thats 3!!!

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Cowboys defense is average and very beatable, the only reason it looks good tonight is because the Bears offense is so pathetic. Now the Cowboys offense is really good.

They are affraid to give it to Wrecks.. Dallas was lining up to stop the run but they kept trying because it is better than the alternative.

The Shadow
09-23-2007, 10:27 PM
And Ruben Brown goes down.

Oh man, this is great. Everythign Shadow and I predicted preseason is coming miserably true for the Bears.

Shadow was right on with Jones. I said their Oline had too many old palyers to stay healthy.

Oh, this is sweet justice for the Bears. I'm enjoying this way too much. I need to go to confession.

Oh where where where is 'dabaddestbear'?

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Grossman aint good baby!

This is a great day. I used to feel bad for teh Bears because they were lovable losers, but give those douche bags one winning season and they are as loud and obnoxious as any fan I've ever heard. Damn, I think I just became a true Packer fan. I truely hate the Bears now. I really hope Rodgers is the real deal because I don't want a decade of losing to those pricks.

GrnBay007
09-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Damn, I think I just became a true Packer fan. I truely hate the Bears now. I really hope Rodgers is the real deal because I don't want a decade of losing to those pricks.

LOL don't hold back!! :P

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm a little worried about a let down. Favre was really focused the lsat two weeks. He kept talking about how they sucked and how hard they have to work. If there is one thing Favre is proned to, it's getting lazy when things are going too well. I hope he doesn't have a stinker against Minny.

Oooohhh. I'm listening to MM right now and he's really humble. Hopefully he slaps some sense into Brett. MM is saying they have a lot of work.

Whew, I feel a little better suddenly.

GBRulz
09-23-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm a little worried about a let down. Favre was really focused the lsat two weeks. He kept talking about how they sucked and how hard they have to work. If there is one thing Favre is proned to, it's getting lazy when things are going too well. I hope he doesn't have a stinker against Minny.

Oooohhh. I'm listening to MM right now and he's really humble. Hopefully he slaps some sense into Brett. MM is saying they have a lot of work.

Favre is proned to getting lazy? Give me a break.

Deputy Nutz
09-23-2007, 10:41 PM
I am watching SportCenter and I can't believe Lovie sent Grossman out to do a press conference. He has no confidence and was booed off the field.

GBRulz
09-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Might have been louder if half the fans have not already left the stands!

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Favre sounded all happy and content in his post game interview. He's been proned to one up, one down syndrome over his career. I tend to file it under the "overly content and lazy" category becuase the bad usually come after a big high.

McCarthy seems to be in tuned to not letting it get out of hand. They have work to do. They have to keep getting better.

GrnBay007
09-23-2007, 10:43 PM
I am watching SportCenter and I can't believe Lovie sent Grossman out to do a press conference. He has no confidence and was booed off the field.

No kidding!!!
He shouldn't have been talking to the media.

He used the phrase "we have to fix that". lol

MadScientist
09-23-2007, 10:52 PM

Favre is proned to getting lazy? Give me a break.

No, but this is set up for a look past week. Even with the Bears playing so poorly, it's still a game to look forward to. I'll leave it to MM to keep the team focused on this week's game. It's an important division game.

Back to this game, Wrex had a 27.5. He'd have to be twice as good just to get up to the poor level of play that he had the last two weeks.

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 11:11 PM
That's what I'm saying, MS. I think Brett is proned to that. He was good the last two weeks. He was humble and talked about working hard and earning it. This week he sounded all happy like they had it figured out.

I'm glad MM didn't sound that way. It seems like a pattern in Bretts career that he follows a big high up with a stinker.

BobDobbs
09-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Brett has definitely had his share of bad games in the Dome, but I feel they have come from being too tight instead of too relaxed. I see your worry. However, this team is a combined 12-20 the last two seasons. I just don't see them looking past the first divisonal game of the year. It's also on the road AND they all know that the Vikes are going to be amped AND let's not forget all the ex-Packers.
If we lose this one it is because the Vikings defense scores, not because we are thinking about the Bears.

HarveyWallbangers
09-23-2007, 11:40 PM
In case people are living in 1999 and didn't notice, Favre has played well in the Dome for several years now. They've won 3 of their last 4 in the Dome. He's had mostly good games in the Dome in his last 7 contests there.

Iron Mike
09-24-2007, 06:31 AM

Love this quote: "Rex Grossman is our QB." :twisted:

Brohm
09-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Farve doesn't have time to look past someone. I think the Vikes and Bears will be bringing out the best in Farve. These are the big ones, a chance to knock off opponents in our division. Biggest games of the season so far.