PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Seen Bearman?

The Shadow
09-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Just wondering....

Scott Campbell
09-23-2007, 10:01 PM
He's on top of the Space Needle - threatening to jump.

packers11
09-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Hes back in the 2006 section of the fourm... "Living in the past" as he would say :lol:

MJZiggy
09-23-2007, 10:07 PM
To his credit, he was actually here during the game. Whether he posted, I don't know, but he was here.

Scott Campbell
09-23-2007, 10:12 PM
How about that moron dabaddestbear? That little weasel won't be back until they win.

The Shadow
09-23-2007, 10:16 PM
How about that moron dabaddestbear? That little weasel won't be back until they win.

Why is it that most Bear fans all seem weasel-like?

PackerBlues
09-23-2007, 10:33 PM

Probably because upon further review..........you know the rest, and so do the bears fans. :twisted:

]{ilr]3
09-23-2007, 10:37 PM

He posted when it looked like Green Bay was likely to loose. Then, nothing..... Back to the cave to hibernate for anouther 10 years :P

Jimx29
09-23-2007, 11:49 PM

Probably because upon further review..........you know the rest, and so do the bears fans. :twisted:

http://i18.tinypic.com/6fq2ywm.gif

BEARMAN
09-24-2007, 01:14 AM
Right here I am !, please serve mine cold, and with katsup. Worse game I have ever seen a BEARS team play. More depresing is all the injuries, that's gonna hurt for a long time. I hope Lovie replaces Rex. He is done. Looks like Dallas is the top of the NFC. I can only hope that Da BEARS can turn it around and be competitive. Nice win Packers.

BEARMAN
09-24-2007, 01:16 AM
PS: Da BEARS will still kick your Packers butts ! :twisted: :duel:

Packers4Glory
09-24-2007, 03:25 AM
little early to be calling anyone out. one week at a time boys.

Iron Mike
09-24-2007, 06:41 AM
PS: Da BEARS will still kick your Packers butts ! :twisted: :duel:

BTW, how's life in the NFCN cellar????http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/musictheoryguru/bwahaha.gif

I think it's time for you to change your signature!!!! :twisted:

packinpatland
09-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Right here I am !, please serve mine cold, and with katsup. Worse game I have ever seen a BEARS team play. More depresing is all the injuries, that's gonna hurt for a long time. I hope Lovie replaces Rex. He is done. Looks like Dallas is the top of the NFC. I can only hope that Da BEARS can turn it around and be competitive. Nice win Packers.

Worse game I have ever seen a BEARS team play

You must be very young...............
Sorry, you might have to get used to it. :wink:

Patler
09-24-2007, 07:02 AM
More depresing is all the injuries, that's gonna hurt for a long time. I hope Lovie replaces Rex. He is done.

What's the story on the severity of the injuries?

I watched only the very last part of the 4th quarter. I was shocked by how outright critical the announcers were of Grossman. Kind of like, "Too bad. Nice team otherwise, but Grossman really drags them down." Then, on the postgame show, the panel came right out and suggested that Grossman was responsible for the downturn of the defense, saying even they had lost faith now.

Was he THAT bad during the game?

Packers4Glory
09-24-2007, 07:09 AM
sorry..grossman gets the heat, but Benson is horrible. what a waste of a #1 pick. he sucks and that offense misses Jones badly.

in fact the only weapon the bears really have is on special teams...and maybe berrian at times. other than that the offense lacks a serious playmaker on a consistent basis.

KYPack
09-24-2007, 07:53 AM
More depresing is all the injuries, that's gonna hurt for a long time. I hope Lovie replaces Rex. He is done.

What's the story on the severity of the injuries?

I watched only the very last part of the 4th quarter. I was shocked by how outright critical the announcers were of Grossman. Kind of like, "Too bad. Nice team otherwise, but Grossman really drags them down." Then, on the postgame show, the panel came right out and suggested that Grossman was responsible for the downturn of the defense, saying even they had lost faith now.

Was he THAT bad during the game?

Collinsworth really nailed Grossman BEFORE the game. His comment was Grossman is OK with the first read on a 5 -7 step drop. He makes the read & the toss, no problem. When he has to step thru the progressions, he becomes more & more lost & makes lots of critical mistakes.

I had noticed some of this, but man, it's really true. If that's his stage of development after several years, he's a lost puppy and will never be an effective NFL QB.

The Bears will have to make the switch to Griese. When they do that, they are hosed in any play-off situation.

Patler
09-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Collinsworth really nailed Grossman BEFORE the game. His comment was Grossman is OK with the first read on a 5 -7 step drop. He makes the read & the toss, no problem. When he has to step thru the progressions, he becomes more & more lost & makes lots of critical mistakes.

I had noticed some of this, but man, it's really true. If that's his stage of development after several years, he's a lost puppy and will never be an effective NFL QB.

The Bears will have to make the switch to Griese. When they do that, they are hosed in any play-off situation.

Collinsworth has never been one to pull any punches!
Madden really surprised me with comments that Grossman was really a lost cause and needed to be replaced.

I wonder if Orton has any future? I can't help but remember when he was a rookie and came in and played within himself for most of the time. Typical performance of not being able to win it for them, but not being the cause for losing it. He has a lot more practice under his belt now, and might serve them well.

The Leaper
09-24-2007, 08:18 AM

I agree on that...but I thought Madden was also on top of things in pointing out that the difference between the Bears and Cowboys was that Romo could effectively evade the rush when a defender gets free and make a play, which Grossman goes down easily when a rusher gets a free shot on him.

When Grossman ran for that first down early in the 3rd quarter, they pointed out that he has only really pulled down the ball and ran it 3 times in the last few years.

In today's NFL, you can't have an immobile QB like that unless he is a supremely talented marksman like Manning or Marino with strong weapons at his disposal.

With that in mind, the Bears offense is TOAST. Grossman is clearly not a talented marksman, and he doesn't have strong weapons to utilize. Griese isn't going to help...he isn't all that mobile either, and the talent around him isn't suddenly going to get a lot better.

packinpatland
09-24-2007, 08:48 AM
This from SI:

'Rex Grossman had another rough outing, going 15-of-32 with 195 yards. He threw three interceptions, did not have a touchdown and was sacked three times - twice by DeMarcus Ware . That's why Grossman heard more boos from the home crowd.

If he's worried about his job security, Grossman wasn't letting on.

''I'm going about my business and not worrying about the things that I don't control,'' he said.'

My question to Rex, if you're not in control, who is? :roll:

PackerBlues
09-24-2007, 09:04 AM
All I had to see from Rex (or as JH puts it, lol....wrecks), was a play that he threw an interception.......you could not even see his fucking receiver over the 3 defenders covering him. Only guy I know who would have gotten the ball to that receiver goes by the name of Brett Favre, and to be perfectly honest, I don't think that even he would have tried to get it through those 3 defenders.
Fucking stupid stupid stupid. Hope the bears keep him as their starter.

packinpatland
09-24-2007, 09:20 AM
'Coach Lovie Smith continued to support the embattled QB.' :roll:

MJZiggy
09-24-2007, 09:24 AM

You just keep on doing that, Lovie... 8-)

Carolina_Packer
09-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Indeed, the last thing we want Lovie to do is the right thing and replace Grossboy. Lovie's loyalty plays into everyone else's hands. Did you happen to catch the press conference on ESPN with Grossboy? He looked like a deer in the headlights. Kind of like how he played. The guy was on the team that went to the Super Bowl last year, but that team was carried by defense, special teams and the ability to run the ball. I think Dallas had an awesome game plan last night and it showed.

Bretsky
09-24-2007, 01:32 PM

But Rex is da One; he is the future :wink:

I hope Lovie stays with Rex; the rest of the division does too

MadScientist
09-24-2007, 01:52 PM

You just keep on doing that, Lovie... 8-)

Unfortunately it was more of a generic quote rather than real support. He later said something to the effect of 'nobody's starting job is safe'. He previously said that he prefers to judge by quarter seasons, but I think Greasy will get the start next week so he can get into a rhythm with the receivers against the Kittens excuse for a D.

Joemailman
09-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Maybe Lovie will stick with Grossman so he can take Josh Booty of USC with the 1st pick in next year's draft. They'll call it the Lovie Booty Offense.

The Shadow
09-24-2007, 04:27 PM
The Packers should be paying particular attention to the gameplan the Cowboys used against Chicago. The pass dismantled them.
Driver, Jennings, & Jones - as well as Donald Lee - could inflict some heavy damage against them. They are much better at stopping the run - so why not continue the San Diego plan; instead of trying to match our weakest link against their strongest, simply match our passing attack against their weak link.
One note : the Cowboys often had T.O. line up in the backfield before going in motion, making it impossible to jam him. Might we not occasionally try the same with Driver as a new wrinkle?

BEARMAN
09-24-2007, 05:59 PM
At this point in time I see Da BEARS are done this season. Lovie may replace Rex, however Griese isnt a large step up. Anyway, we lost 5 "D" starters, that is why Da BEARS are done. By the time we get them all back, it may be too late for this season anyway.
Best of luck to your Pack, Represent the NFCN well. You keep Farve upright and you'll do well. Thanks for putting up with my whit and jockularity. I'll stop by from time to time to lighten your alls mood, or to remind you that lord farve is still human after all. Cheers.

Iron Mike
09-24-2007, 06:13 PM
NFCN Champs 2005 & 2006, NFC Champs 2006
The King is dead... Long live the King, ..... DA BEARS !
Silly Packers, the NFCN belongs to Da BEARS !

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/wes5020/orly_owl.jpg

Bretsky
09-24-2007, 07:46 PM
At this point in time I see Da BEARS are done this season. Lovie may replace Rex, however Griese isnt a large step up. Anyway, we lost 5 "D" starters, that is why Da BEARS are done. By the time we get them all back, it may be too late for this season anyway.
Best of luck to your Pack, Represent the NFCN well. You keep Favre upright and you'll do well. Thanks for putting up with my whit and jockularity. I'll stop by from time to time to lighten your alls mood, or to remind you that lord Favre is still human after all. Cheers.

OMG

Da Bearman Biting the Dust
Da Bearman waving the white Bears have surrendered flag
Da Bearman throwing Rex under the bus
Da Bearman wishing the Packers well

What is the world coming to :huh: :cnf: :huh: :whaa: :?: :o :huh:

Rastak
09-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Best of luck to your Pack, Represent the NFCN well. You keep Favre upright and you'll do well. Thanks for putting up with my whit and jockularity. I'll stop by from time to time to lighten your alls mood, or to remind you that lord Favre is still human after all. Cheers.

OMG

Da Bearman Biting the Dust
Da Bearman waving the white Bears have surrendered flag
Da Bearman throwing Rex under the bus
Da Bearman wishing the Packers well

What is the world coming to :huh: :cnf: :huh: :whaa: :?: :o :huh:

It's called football depression when your team is heading down the toilet.

MJZiggy
09-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Yeah, but come on, we at least wanted to watch him swirl for a while.

Scott Campbell
09-24-2007, 08:00 PM

Pathetic. Just pathetic. Buck up Bearman!

"It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner."
- Vince Lombardi -

Bretsky
09-24-2007, 08:09 PM

"It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner."
- Vince Lombardi -

AH, in an ideal world. Easier said than done.

Here's some more mojo's that are easier said then done; I've sometimes followed them and sometimes have not.

When you are right, act like it's normal instead of rubbing it in the face of the one who was wrong

The true test of the better man is allowing your opposition to have the last word when the argument turns futile

4and12to12and4
09-24-2007, 08:11 PM
I sware to God, watching Romo is like watching Favre. They are almost identical in everything they do. Romo grew up in Wisconsin with Brett as his idol. He must've really studied his style, it's uncanny. It's the reason I picked Dallas to beat the Patriots in this years Superbowl. It'll be awesome when Romo and Brett hook up later this season. That'll be fun. It sucks cuz I've always hated the Boys, but now I kinda like 'em. Sick.

Kiwon
09-24-2007, 09:17 PM

Ah, com'on, BEARMAN! Don't go too far.

Call us some names. Tell us how stupid we are. Make us feel better!

Everyone needs a harmless antagonist.

RashanGary
09-24-2007, 09:40 PM
It's called football depression when your team is heading down the toilet.

Rastak, you really need to gang up on Bears fans more. It's really hard to relate to a non Packer fan, but this is one of those spots where everyone can bond with you. I know it seems wrong to pick on the minority, but in the name of popularity I think it's OK :)

MadtownPacker
09-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Well one thing is for sure, a Pack loss to the vikings and a win by the bears over detroit will revitalize him. :lol:

BEARMAN
09-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Well one thing is for sure, a Pack loss to the vikings and a win by the bears over detroit will revitalize him. :lol:

Ya think so ? :wow:

Mayhaps. not likely, but perhaps.

3irty1
09-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Maybe Lovie will stick with Grossman so he can take Josh Booty of USC with the 1st pick in next year's draft. They'll call it the Lovie Booty Offense.

Hahahahahahahahaha

:rs:

the_idle_threat
09-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Sad to see you throw in the towel so soon Bearman, but I guess that's what Bears fans do. :huh: :twisted:

The Shadow
09-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Bearman & dabaddestbear refused to acknowledge what several of us contended in the offseason :
1. The Bears offensive line was aging quickly (and badly!).
2. Tommie Harris' hamstring injury would be difficult to return from - and now he's got what's being reported as an injured knee (which my sources indicate has a definite connection to the prior injury).
3. It would be only a matter of time before oft-injured Mike Brown (who had lost a step he couldn't afford to lose) broke down again.
4. The Bears made a HUGE blunder in trading away the tough, smart, and very well-respected Thomas Jones in favor of Rashan Salaam/Curtis Ennis/Anthony Thomas-ish Cedric Benson - a straightline, non-instinctive, plodder with questionable toughness, heart, and smarts.
5. And the slamdunk : Rex Grossman is NOT a viable quarterback.

Well, the season is here and so is the early evidence. I wonder what they think of these issues now.

4and12to12and4
09-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Bearman, don't give up now, things could turn around so quickly, u win 2, we lose 2 (one being to you) and you'll be singing that awful Bears chant once again. It's the fourth week, you guys have an awesome defense and the best kick returner in football. Hang in there, it's a long season.

b bulldog
09-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Injuries and an old Oline along with a crappy QB is killing the cubs....i mean the bears :oops:

KYPack
09-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Bearman & dabaddestbear refused to acknowledge what several of us contended in the offseason :
1. The Bears offensive line was aging quickly (and badly!).
2. Tommie Harris' hamstring injury would be difficult to return from - and now he's got what's being reported as an injured knee (which my sources indicate has a definite connection to the prior injury).
3. It would be only a matter of time before oft-injured Mike Brown (who had lost a step he couldn't afford to lose) broke down again.
4. The Bears made a HUGE blunder in trading away the tough, smart, and very well-respected Thomas Jones in favor of Rashan Salaam/Curtis Ennis/Anthony Thomas-ish Cedric Benson - a straightline, non-instinctive, plodder with questionable toughness, heart, and smarts.
5. And the slamdunk : Rex Grossman is NOT a viable quarterback.

Well, the season is here and so is the early evidence. I wonder what they think of these issues now.

Dern Shadow, Preach on Bro.

That was one hell of a rant.

Yes, that is the Bears epitaph.

The Jones deal puzzled me all year. How could they trade away the good back? Was there some bizarre flaw in the dude that none of us knew about?

No, it was Bear mismangement coming to the Pack's rescue once again. It's been happening for 86 years now. When the Bears get a great team, just wait a year or so, their management will fuck it up!

outflow
10-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Thought this was another timely bump opportunity.

FritzDontBlitz
10-30-2007, 05:16 PM
the shadow KNOWS!

Sorry, couldnt resist......

The Shadow
10-30-2007, 10:07 PM
the shadow KNOWS!

Sorry, couldnt resist......

Well, many of us have been offering that analysis of the Bears for quite a long time. Bearman and dabaddestbear disagreed with it.
History, as always, has the final say.