PDA

View Full Version : Patler

Packnut
09-23-2007, 10:28 PM
I told everyone here last week after I watched the Bears/KC that the Bears D was not that good and you went out of your way to insinuate that I was wrong. Well Dallas just hung 34 on em sooooooooooo:

I TOLD YA SO!

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2007, 10:57 PM
I just love threads with poster's names in the title.
like reading the tabloids in the supermarket. no, BETTER.

Scott Campbell
09-23-2007, 11:03 PM
I'd kinda like my own thread. One of you pukes needs to call me out!

Patler
09-23-2007, 11:08 PM
I told everyone here last week after I watched the Bears/KC that the Bears D was not that good and you went out of your way to insinuate that I was wrong. Well Dallas just hung 34 on em sooooooooooo:

I TOLD YA SO!

No, I insinuated nothing. My posts:

I didn't watch the game, so I am legitimately asking these questions.

1. The Bears had four sacks, two by Harris. Was this not indicative of getting good pressure? If not, why do you think not?

2. The Chiefs backs were 23/69. Total gross passing yards of 230. Net yards 281. Looks like a decent run D by the Bears, and decent overall, why do you think it wasn't?.

3. Bears D gave up one TD and just 10 points. Wasn't that a decent performance?

4. Did Hester play on offense? Did they throw to him? I see he had no receptions.

I agree, it looks like Hester on returns was their best weapon overall.

I did see the Bennett fumble, it was a good play by the defense pulling it out. Dropped passes are part of the game, and can be influenced by the defense. I think suggesting a 6 yarder would have gone the full 60 might be a bit of a reach, but I don't know for sure. A gimmick play called back because it wasn't run correctly. I'm not sure you can call those 21 points KC SHOULD have scored.

Relax, just having a discussion.

1. Tackles on plays like the dropped pass you described generally come from someone who might have an angle. You said it was a six yard pass. I have to believe there were defensive backs much deeper than that who may not have been in front of him, but might have had an angle to get him before he went 60 yards. Maybe not, but generally there is.

2. The illegal shift had nothing to do with the play? How can you be sure? Defenses read shifts and adjust coverages based on that. An illegal shift can in and of itself cause confusion to make the play succeed. Offenses stretch the limits of legality in shifts for that very purpose.

I have never been much of a believer in putting stock in scores anyone "should have had." Too much can happen before the ball crosses the goal line to think they wre really that close to a score most of the time.

I have the "pleasure" of hearing Chicago radio a lot. They do like to beat up Grossman whenever they can!

That's every post I made in your topic, in their entirety. Please tell me where I went out of my way to insinuate you were wrong?????

Bretsky
09-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Yes, I never get my thread either; I will never understand the need for the I told you so's. Different views should be encouraged and welcomed and those with the stones to state their view will sometimes be wrong.

But if it means I get my thread I bet a lot of people could hit this board hard with everything I've been wrong with as well :lol:

MadtownPacker
09-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Umm, Packnut, those 31 points the Packers scored today, uhh, the offensive line you bashed did good enough against a wicked pass rush to help score those points.

I TOLD YA SO!! :D

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Piss off, madtown, this thread is about Patler

can't you read, son?

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Dear Packnut,

Remember when you called me out but didn't put my name in the title? Well, people accused me of being paranoid when I bit back. It was sucky.

The next time you call me out could you do me the social courtesy of doing it directly like you did here with Patler?

Thanks in advance,

JH

P.S. You're "I told you so" in the thread directed at me was also bigger and more bold. It was also red, but very large and intimidating. It felt confrontational. I just want you to know that, that also hurt my feelings. Could you please use smaller, less bold letters with me like you did here with Patler?

Thanks again

MadtownPacker
09-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Piss off, madtown, this thread is about Patler

can't you read, son?You best shut your lil foul blue trap or I will be making a thread with your name in it!

To everyone who I told HH was my bitch..

I TOLD YA SO!!!!

pbmax
09-23-2007, 11:40 PM
After a long, work-induced hiatus, its good to see some things never change on the old rat board. Someone is mad they aren't getting enough credit.

C'mon people, the Bears are 1-2. Where is the love? Where is Bearman?

Considering the Golden Domers, is ND72 OK?

And Packnut, didn't the Bears lose two D starters during the game, including Harris? Are you asking Patler to see into the future?

Bretsky, I am almost sure you have had your own thread about the Curse.

As for me, I think I have seen the pass rush problem I foresaw in the first three games. What I was dead wrong about was their ability to control a running game, force short passes and get multiple shots at the QB pressure.

Running back by committee seems a small price to pay for the rest of the good news.