PDA

View Full Version : NEW ENGLAND INDIANAPOLIS PITTSBURG DALLAS GREEN BAY

Bretsky
09-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Five undefeated teams left. Cris Collinsworth gave us some kudos saying GB is for real and they are his #2 team in the NFC behind Dallas now. What do you think ? Rate the undefeated teams and offer anything you want.

This is a great accomplishment for us, but I'd still have to go

1. New England-Seem to be playing at a level above everybody now
2. Indianapolis- Capable of knocking off #1
3. Pittsburg- Minnesota's old DC is doing a great job
4. Dallas- This is a team GB could beat
5. Green Bay- I doubt anybody expected 3-0, and now we're expecting 4-0 after next week. Great Start

RashanGary
09-23-2007, 11:23 PM
I think we are even with Dallas.

Badgepack
09-23-2007, 11:29 PM
How quickly things can change. Great win by the Packers, a true team victory. The old man is unbelievable the past two games. Every season a bottom tier team breaks out, like the Saints last year, I think this is our year. All the young players are learing how to win, expect to win. Also developing a little Lambeau magic. On TV, towards the end of the game, it seemed the crowd was louder than shit.

Harlan Huckleby
09-23-2007, 11:32 PM

Not quite. If they played 10 games, Dallas would win 6 or 7.

they have a chance to be as good as dallas before end of season, we'll see.

Deputy Nutz
09-23-2007, 11:41 PM
The Packers simply would not have an answer for TO. He kicked their ass when he was San Fran, Philly and would kill them with Dallas.

I would honestly think the Packers will have a better shot at Owens with Charles Woodson covering him. Harris hasn't had the best of luck against him.

I really think Dallas is playing the best football and has the best talent across the board in the NFC.

HarveyWallbangers
09-23-2007, 11:42 PM
I don't buy all the hype completely on Dallas. It's not a stretch to say we are even with them. They only went 9-7 last year, and our win against the Giants was much more impressive than their win. I'm not saying we're better, but it's close at this point. I don't think Wade Phillips is a great coach either.

HarveyWallbangers
09-23-2007, 11:44 PM
The Packers simply would not have an answer for TO. He kicked their ass when he was San Fran, Philly and would kill them with Dallas.

I would honestly think the Packers will have a better shot at Owens with Charles Woodson covering him. Harris hasn't had the best of luck against him.

I really think Dallas is playing the best football and has the best talent across the board in the NFC.

I don't remember Owens kicking their ass when he was in San Fran. I remember him struggling mightily against them in the early part of his career. He was actually horrible in that '98 game until the final play. He was horrible the year before that also.

Chubbyhubby
09-23-2007, 11:46 PM
I watched the Dallas game tonight and found something very intresting about attacking the Bears. Pass on them. Just like Dalas did. Bears D stops the run very well. The Packers don't run and we Pass very well. The Bears are very Beatable just as the Vikes. Redskins are not that tough either. Heading into week 7 our bye week, could we have a 6-0 record? Its possible.

Lurker64
09-24-2007, 12:26 AM
Dallas is probably better than we are right now, but last year towards the end of the season Romo's play fell off considerably. Will he repeat that? I'm not sure. But last year's Cowboys team played worse as the season went on and last year's Packers team played better as the season went on.

I could care less whether Dallas is better than Green Bay right now. What I care about is whether they're better than Green Bay on November 29th, and possibly in the playoffs.

mmmdk
09-24-2007, 04:13 AM

Dallas can stick it to ya running the ball; Packers cannot - that Packer scenario won't keep many teams sleepless come november, december.

Packers4Glory
09-24-2007, 06:20 AM
i think we are not as good as we might think now...and much better than most people in the media thought prior to the start.

we really could easily (and prolly should) be 2-1 because of that philly game.

I think Dallas is the clear early favorite in the NFC and that Pack along w/ several other teams fighting for #2.

3 games does not a season make.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-24-2007, 07:15 AM
We can beat every team on that list right now except NE. This team is good, very good. I'm not going to make a long term prediction, but I think this is going to be a year to remember.

If we are as good as I think we are, than we will beat the Vikings the way we beat the Giants two weeks ago.

Packers 24
Vikings 9

LL2
09-24-2007, 09:22 AM
I'd put the Pack at #5 as well. We could easliy be 5-0 in two weeks or the pack could have a bad off day and be 4-1. Either way it's a good start and beating Philly, Giants, and Chargers to start the season is impressive. We still have some. The Pack still have some tough games with Dallas, Denver, and Washington coming up. They will win at least 10 or 11 games this year.

I still am in :shock: and very :D with the 3-0 start!

GBRulz
09-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Remember when the Pack was on the upswing in the early 90's and Dallas always seemed to be the thorn in our side? The ones who always knocked us out of the playoffs for what 3 years in a row? Then we finally get to the SB, but we didn't have to face them that year in the playoffs!

I know it's too early to think or worry about this, but I can't help but think this is again, a team on the upswing and here we are already talking about Dallas and GB, which one is better, blah blah blah.

I do have one thing to say... I am happy as hell and never expected us to have a 3-0 start!!

Carolina_Packer
09-24-2007, 09:49 AM
From Pro-football-reference.com, this was from 1997 when they went 13-3, with losses at Philly (10-9, ugly), at Detroit (26-15, bad game for Favre), and Indianapolis (when they were AWFUL, 0-10 at the time we played them and we gave up so much on defense...who knew 38 points weren't enough to win...I was depressed for 2 days after that loss)...but then a week later would come the salve for those wounds...

13 | Dallas Cowboys | W | 45-17

Seeing (on TV) them crush the vaunted Cowboys on home field was awesome! That '97 team could have and should have been undefeated with some inexplicable losses to lesser competition, and of course it should have been capped off with Brett's second Super Bowl victory...ah, but I'm over it.

Scott Campbell
09-24-2007, 10:57 AM
That list sure doesn't look like a bunch of Cinderellas. Outside of us, there aren't any real surprises.

Cheesehead Craig
09-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I agree with the rankings on that list. To me, Pitts/Dallas could be flip-flopped, they are pretty close.

PackerBlues
09-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Having an actual running game makes the Cowboys look like a better team than the Packers on paper, but this Packer team is actually a lot more different from last years than most may think at a glance.

While the running game is in fact a work in progress that we can only hope will get better as the year goes on, the Passing game is very much improved. To start with, Jennings is in his second year, and honestly, he wouldn't have to play all that much better than he did in his rookie season last year (prior to his injuries), to impress many people. Next, we have the addition of Jones, who as a rookie with a large frame and great hands, compliments Driver and Jennings in a great way. However, the biggest difference to the Packers passing game, in my opinion, is the addition of the TE's to the playbook. They are no longer being kept back as "training wheels" to help the O-line block. The TE's are now a big part of the Offense. Last but not least, is the improvement of the O-line in pass protection. Without the help of the TE's, they are giving Favre all the time he needs to get rid of the ball, against some pretty damned good Defenses. (lol, the Chargers and Eagles anyway)

Personally, I find it to be very gratifying that the Packers Offense is so damned threatening without the run game. It simply means that we will be relying more on Favre, which is more than fine with me, because I would trust him with our Offense more than any other QB in the entire NFL.

b bulldog
09-24-2007, 03:02 PM
1. Patriots

2. Steelers
3.Colts
4.Cowboys
5.Packers

swede
09-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Remember when the Pack was on the upswing in the early 90's and Dallas always seemed to be the thorn in our side? The ones who always knocked us out of the playoffs for what 3 years in a row? Then we finally get to the SB, but we didn't have to face them that year in the playoffs!

I know it's too early to think or worry about this, but I can't help but think this is again, a team on the upswing and here we are already talking about Dallas and GB, which one is better, blah blah blah.

I do have one thing to say... I am happy as hell and never expected us to have a 3-0 start!!

I've always said that the team that was leading Dallas in the 4th quarter of the NFC championship games was better than the team that lost to Denver two years later.

As far as this year, Dallas played an incredible vertical game against Chicago. They kept taking those long downfield shots and then bashed them with the running game after loosening up the linebackers.

Dallas plays 3rd and 20 like it's just another down.

But we could take 'em. It was just Chicago, after all.

rpiotr01
09-24-2007, 03:38 PM
if we kick the snot out of the Bears the way Dallas just did, then we'll talk about being as good as them. But so far, sorry, we're not in the realm of those top teams.

Honestly, I'd still rank SD above us. I know we just beat them, but I think they would beat us 6 or 7 times out of ten. Pittsburgh has had a ridiculously easy schedule so far. They don't get a real test for a couple weeks. NE plays cinci next week, and that'll be a good game if only because cincy can score some points.

We'll see. Enjoy it now though :)

BallHawk
09-24-2007, 04:03 PM
1. Colts- They are the reigning Super Bowl champion and have beaten good teams, New Orleans, Tennessee, and Houston. Their offense is the best in the league and they have the best QB in the league. Their defense has played well, also.

2. Patriots- The Patriots look fantastic, but two of those wins are against the Jets and the Bills, two teams that are below average (Yeah, I know NY went to the playoffs, they got lucky. IMO, they're not a good team.) Brady has a great array of WRs and a decent RB. Addai is a better back than Maroney and one of the big reasons I think the Colts are better. NE looks good, but I still think Indy is a better team, as of now.

3. Packers- Are the Cowboys more talented then Green Bay? Yeah, probably. But the Packers are playing their style of offense and are letting the defense is getting it done. The running game is the Achilles heel but if they can pass protect and Favre can play like he did in San Diego, they are the team to beat in the NFC. We can run with Dallas' offense, but they can't run with our defense.

4. Steelers- I'm skeptical just a bit because of their opponents, but Willie Parker and the rest of the offense is playing great. The defense is top ten and Mike Tomlin looks like a great coach.

5. Cowboys- They looked great against Chicago, but the Bears aren't who they used to be. Their offense is the best in the NFC, but their defense isn't at a playoff caliber. They allowed 35 against the Giants and 20 against the Dolphins. Also, I really don't have any confidence in Wade Phillips as a coach.

HarveyWallbangers
09-24-2007, 04:26 PM
if we kick the snot out of the Bears the way Dallas just did, then we'll talk about being as good as them. But so far, sorry, we're not in the realm of those top teams.

Maybe, but why Dallas? They went 9-7 last year. Both teams beat the Giants. They beat Chicago, but we just beat a team that was better than Chicago. Our other victory was over Philadelphia. Their other victory was over Miami. I'm not saying we are better, but I certainly see the argument that we are in the same league as them.

LL2
09-24-2007, 06:25 PM
If the GB running game can get in gear and start producing 100 yd games and the defense and passing game stays great then this Packer team could go all the way to the NFC title game. Now that would be something else.