PDA

View Full Version : Should I Start Believing?

Partial
09-24-2007, 12:12 AM
I am not totally sold. Despite the wins my kool-aid glass remains half empty.

Lurker64
09-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Believing what exactly?

Believing that this team can make the playoffs? Hell yes. We missed the playoffs on tiebreakers last year despite starting 1-4, and this year we started 3-0 in arguably the toughest part of the schedule and 76% of 3-0 teams make the playoffs.

Believing that this team can win the division? Probably, the Bears aren't invincible as San Diego and Dallas have already shown, and if we play well we can maintain a lead over them.

Believing that this team is unstoppable and is the annointed NFC superbowl representative? Probably not, there's a lot of football left to be played this season and crazy things happen once you get in the playoffs.

MadtownPacker
09-24-2007, 02:09 AM
Who gives a shit what you believe. The proof is in the pudding. 3-0, nuff said!

Packers4Glory
09-24-2007, 03:20 AM
long season. how this team rebounds from a loss or a couple in a row will be the key. they have a lot of young guys who i expect will only get better as they gain experience. We have to get some sort of running game tho. you have to be able to run the ball inside the 5 and esp inside the 1 yrd line :roll:

Patler
09-24-2007, 07:20 AM
long season. how this team rebounds from a loss or a couple in a row will be the key. they have a lot of young guys who i expect will only get better as they gain experience. We have to get some sort of running game tho. you have to be able to run the ball inside the 5 and esp inside the 1 yrd line :roll:

The good thing is that, right now, it seems ONLY the running game is not working. Everything else, defense overall, special teams in returns and coverage, passing offense are performing quite nicely. There's still plenty of room for improvement (Ryan being more consistent, Bush playing like in preseason, etc.) but all in all when we have only the running game to really complain about, things aren't too bad!!!

The Leaper
09-24-2007, 07:52 AM
The team is 3-0...but not against some cupcake schedule. The team is 3-0 against teams that ALL went to the playoffs just 9 months ago. The Eagles are a good football team. The Giants are a good football team. The Chargers are a good football team. The Packers have beaten all three...and much of the time it has been rather convincing.

If that doesn't make you believe Partial, then nothing will.

Scott Campbell
09-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Beleiving? You don't have to believe. But last year it felt like we were out of it already. Enjoy being in contention through 3 weeks.

Patler
09-24-2007, 08:32 AM
I just hope the Packers don't follow the lead of the Brewers!

MJZiggy
09-24-2007, 08:35 AM
I just hope the Packers don't follow the lead of the Brewers!

HUSH NOW!!!! Scott's right. Enjoy what we've got going. Do a Snoopy happy dance and celebrate!

http://modernartobsession.blogs.com/modern_art_obsession/images/snoopy_dance.jpg

GoPackGo
09-24-2007, 10:11 AM

I 2nd that

Badgepack
09-24-2007, 10:46 AM
The Packers moved the ball at will against the dreaded 3-4 defense even.

Deputy Nutz
09-24-2007, 10:49 AM
I think it is important to look at the Packer on a weekly basis. The Badgers are going with the slogan 1-0. Worrying about one win at a time and not looking down the line. I like that motto although it is now being played out by some shitty high school in my area.

So it is my belief that the Packers can win this week.

Carolina_Packer
09-24-2007, 10:58 AM
I think it is important to look at the Packer on a weekly basis. The Badgers are going with the slogan 1-0. Worrying about one win at a time and not looking down the line. I like that motto although it is now being played out by some shitty high school in my area.

So it is my belief that the Packers can win this week.

Could be the challenge of a young team to keep their heads the right size all season. Seems like a lot of the talent they have keep a good perspective. 3-0, they will only grow together and rally behind Brett. Super Bowl or not, this is shaping into one of Favre's best season's yet, given the stage he is in his career. Does that guy look close to retirement? Not one bit. Some guys might be an old 38 (almost 38) at QB, but Brett seems to be forever young...funny, that's the Bob Dylan song on my XM radio right now. How serendipitous!

TheRaven
09-24-2007, 11:23 AM
The Packers moved the ball at will against the dreaded 3-4 defense even.

We passed on it at will. We still can't run it though.

woodbuck27
09-24-2007, 11:28 AM

I am very surprized and now really believe we have a solid shot at the playoffs.

We have to keep our jockstrap on till the Bye week and then collect ourselves but this 3-0 start is too beautiful. I really felt we would be 1-2 with a win over the Giants.

I am very glad that those teams are out of the way as we will see the Eagles and Chargers vastly improve.

A lot of strange things going on in the NFL this season to now.

After two weeks we saw approx. 38% upsets.

We are seeing just how well the Lions can handle a shootout.They can't and that's not bad for us. We have to take the Lions on your Thanksgiving.We don't perform well on that day traditionally as I recall.

Where are the Bears? Have the Vikings steped up some fr. last season? I would love for us to go 5-1 or 4-2 Vs the NFCN teams. We already are at 3-0. Add 4 more and wins over the Redskins, Rams and Raiders and that gives us TEN (10) wins and the playoffs and I am a happy Packer fan.

How we are doing 3-0 ? I don't know except for some very hard work on behalf of our Coaching staff and players. A decent 'D' (NOT GREAT THOUGH . . .AS YET) and a solid game plan and. . .

Brett Favre.

He looks very good this season.

KNOCK ON WOOD !!! :)

GO PACKERS !!

The Leaper
09-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Personally, I thought we got rather lucky against the Eagles...I thought that was a coin flip in terms of getting a win. I figured we would beat the Giants. I did not give us much of a chance against the Chargers. A win like that is enough to make this team a playoff contender now. It isn't a stretch to think we could be 6-0! We should beat the one-dimensional Vikings and Redskins...whose offenses are nowhere near as potent as the three teams we've already faced, and the Bears are falling apart fast.

MJZiggy
09-24-2007, 12:44 PM
We have to keep our jockstrap on till the Bye week. . .

I don't...