PDA

View Full Version : Description of Greg Jennings Two Years From Now

Partial
09-24-2007, 12:15 AM
“We had excellent coverage on him,” defensive coordinator Bob Sanders said. “I think Jarrett was on him at the time, he had excellent coverage, and (Gates) adjusted, he’s an excellent player. We tried to keep the coverages around him as best we could. We changed up the coverages late in the game, tried different stuff, just to have a chance to get somebody over him (on double coverage). We had a lot of different guys on him throughout the day.”

The Packers kept Gates from dominating the second half though, limiting him to two receptions.

“He’s smooth, it’s hard to describe what smooth really means,” Barnett said. “You don’t really see a change of speed, it’s just smooth route running and you don’t expect it, and he knows how to get open. He runs his routes away from your leverage and just knows how to get open and how to up for the ball. You saw that (Sunday).”

Jennings gets open in the same manner. I think he'll be a stud sooner than any of us can imagine.

RashanGary
09-24-2007, 06:30 AM
I agree. And he has break away speed.

The difference between 4.39 and 4.44 is tiny.

The difference between 5.39 and 4.65 like Jones is pretty big.

He compares himself to Steve Smith. Jennings is a little bigger and Smith a smidge faster, but I think it's a good comparison.

HarveyWallbangers
09-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Steve Smith is faster than Jennings, and he's much more explosive.

Bossman641
09-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Smith is also a whole lot stronger than Jennings.

LEWCWA
09-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Jones, Jennings & Driver are all three just good football players! None are the biggest, fastest, or strongest, but all three play the game how it is supposed to be played.

MadtownPacker
09-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Well yesterday Jennings had the huge game instead of Smith (who I think it great) so for this week he is the man!

Scott Campbell
09-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Well yesterday Jennings had the huge game instead of Smith (who I think it great) so for this week he is the man!

Driver is still the man in our WR corps. Driver blew me away yesterday.

MadtownPacker
09-24-2007, 11:07 AM

Yeah, DD is still the Big Daddy but I bet he was on e proud poppa watching his boys GJ take it to the house.

The Leaper
09-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Steve Smith is significantly faster than Jennings.

Jennings has good speed...enough to take slant and post routes for huge gains when the defense makes an error. He doesn't have elite speed to consistently beat guys on deep routes though. He can do it occasionally, but no where near enough to compare to an elite speedster like Steve Smith, who does it almost every week.

Jennings and Jones should make a good tandem though when Driver eventually fades. They are complementary pieces.

RashanGary
09-24-2007, 11:32 AM
I still think Jennings is an underrated deep threat in GB. I think he'll break out this year.

The Leaper
09-24-2007, 11:33 AM

Donald Driver IMO might be the most agile WR after the catch that I've ever seen. Rice may have put up more YAC yards on a consistent basis because of the precision of the 49er slant routes...and Sterling Sharpe may have gotten more due to brute strength in overpowering DBs...but Driver seems to have the perfect balance of both. Driver can be face up to a DB and beat him for another 10-15 yards! Few WRs have that kind of agility, strength and speed after the catch.