PDA

View Full Version : Just have to get a dig in...

packinpatland
09-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Why the need to get their 'dig' in? I'm thinking there was never a time anyone considered Favre 'pathetic'.
Ageless Favre has Packers contending again
By Vic Carucci | NFL.com

Brett Favre's story goes well beyond mere longevity.

He is far from a pathetic shell of his former self sticking around to pad his numbers.

Favre is still, well, Favre. He's an exceptionally talented passer with one of the greatest arms of any current or former quarterback in the game. He's a dynamic force. He's a winner, and not simply because he became the winningest quarterback in NFL history in Week 2.

Favre still has the ability to will his team to victory, which is exactly what he did in leading the Packers to a 31-24 win over the San Diego Chargers. He was his consummate, clutch self in connecting with Greg Jennings for a 57-yard touchdown pass with just over two minutes left to put the Packers in front to stay. That scoring throw was Favre's third of the day and 420th of his career, tying him with Dan Marino for first on the league's all-time list.

It was the kind of game Favre has won many times in his long and illustrious career. The Packers needed him to out-duel another quarterback with a hot hand, Philip Rivers, who also had three touchdown passes and completed his first 15 passes on the way to a 306-yard day. And Favre did. The difference in their performances was that when the Chargers had a chance to put the game away on third-and-3 with 2:31 remaining, Rivers overthrew Vincent Jackson, and that gave Favre the chance for the game-clinching touchdown pass. Later, Rivers threw an interception that Nick Barnett returned 38 yards to the San Diego 2 to set up a Brandon Jackson touchdown run.

HarveyWallbangers
09-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I don't think it's a dig at Favre, but a dig at the other so-called experts.

Bossman641
09-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I don't think it's a dig at Favre, but a dig at the other so-called experts.

Agreed.

A lot of experts claimed that Favre was only stickin around to get the records. They thought he was washed up and would only embarass himself this year.

How right they were. :roll:

MadtownPacker
09-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Not a insult in any way. If I recall Carucci has been fair in his assessment of the Packers the last couple of season.

packinpatland
09-24-2007, 10:53 AM
You know, rereading it...............I agree....guess I hadn't had my second cup-a-joe!
Maybe I'm just not used to writers writing good things about Favre. :wink: