PDA

View Full Version : Where does the Jennings TD rank on all time favorite moments

RashanGary
09-24-2007, 11:21 AM
It's pretty high for me. The SB, the SF playoff victory. The Seattle victory a couple years ago. The Oakland game after Favres dad passed. . .

This one is pretty high on my list. I was a little young for most of the big ones but this one and the Oakland stand out as my most memorable. I was only 14 when they won the SB. It was exciting but I barely remember the details.

Scott Campbell
09-24-2007, 11:23 AM
It certainly ranks as the most recent.

TheRaven
09-24-2007, 11:27 AM
It's up there..

Here is one of my faves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dQrqiFIKI

woodbuck27
09-24-2007, 11:39 AM
That TD featured an awesome slant route by Greg Jennings almost picking the defender, a bang on the money pass fr. Favre and Jennings running for the money.

It was awesome to see and the follow-up with Favre rushing to the Charger endzone to congratulate Greg Jennings. Over the TOP too special for me. Brett Favre still, ' the kid '.

I could only see it on the TV highlights of the NE pummeling of the Bills and Sports Center. I wish I could have seen the game at Lambeau on the tube.

Next Sunday I'll be seeing the Packers play Minny, on TV live, in Saint John NB with my Packer fan friends back home, as I go east to the Maritimes for a three week vacation.

I am pumped for that and Favre's record TD passing Vs the Vikings.

Count on it !! :)

421 next sunday. It's then BABY and no holding for da Bears.

We see NUMBER 421 next Sunday.

I hope that is a spectacular pass and catch and run play for THE RECORD.

Next up of significance.The most yards passing. All Favre has to do is average a tad over 230 yards per game for the remaining 13 games.Then he owns that one for a while.

Piece of cake there as well, as a long as our team doesn't stumble. TT and MM hit the panic button. I hate now to think of that :).

We have a real chance to play out the string and play very successfully.

The playoff are certainly in sight now, but it's just one game at a time. We can't look too far ahead.

GO PACKERS . . .

and CONGRATULATIONS BRETT FAVRE AND ALL PACKER FANS.

Badgepack
09-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Very huge play considering the blown 4th and goal at the six inch line that should have been a QB sneak, That would have sucked the life out of a lot of teams. Great character on this team.

Cheesehead Craig
09-24-2007, 01:48 PM
It certainly ranks as the most recent.
QOTW!!! :lol:

The Leaper
09-24-2007, 01:51 PM
I can already hear the man-love of Madden for Favre in two weeks for the Sunday night tilt between Green Bay and Chicago. If Green Bay wins again in week 4, Madden might be in the booth wearing a Favre jersey.

Joemailman
09-24-2007, 02:23 PM
I'll reduce this to the best moments I've seen in person at Lambeau, not in any particular order:

Jennings Catch And Run.

Al Harris INT return vs. Seattle in Playoff OT.

Antonio Freeman Freak TD Catch In OT vs. Minnesota on Monday Night.

Brett Favre TD Pass To Cory Bradford On 4th Down To Beat Minnesota In 1999.

the_idle_threat
09-24-2007, 05:29 PM
I can already hear the man-love of Madden for Favre in two weeks for the Sunday night tilt between Green Bay and Chicago. If Green Bay wins again in week 4, Madden might be in the booth wearing a Favre jersey. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joemailman
09-24-2007, 05:34 PM
I can already hear the man-love of Madden for Favre in two weeks for the Sunday night tilt between Green Bay and Chicago. If Green Bay wins again in week 4, Madden might be in the booth wearing a Favre jersey.

He won't stop there:

http://www.damnedgentlemen.com/images/thumbs/maddenfavre.jpg

3irty1
09-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Clearly mine was the interception return by Al Harris on a cocky Matt Hasselbeck in the playoffs in O.T.

Brainerd
09-24-2007, 07:14 PM

He won't stop there:

http://www.damnedgentlemen.com/images/thumbs/maddenfavre.jpg
Creepy. And the wrong guy is in the dress. :shock:

4and12to12and4
09-24-2007, 07:22 PM
The greatest play in my lifetime was when Reggie handed the ball to, wasn't it Edgar Bennett? And the Lambeau leap came into existence. Only because this play lives on in infamy every game we score a touchdown, and even in games the Packers aren't playing in (posers) like Chad in the Dog Pound.

Cheesehead Craig
09-24-2007, 07:25 PM
The greatest play in my lifetime was when Reggie handed the ball to, wasn't it Edgar Bennett? And the Lambeau leap came into existence. Only because this play lives on in infamy every game we score a touchdown, and even in games the Packers aren't playing in (posers) like Chad in the Dog Pound.
I thought it was LeRoy Butler who did it first and then Robert Brooks made it famous.

Brainerd
09-24-2007, 07:48 PM
I thought it was LeRoy Butler who did it first and then Robert Brooks made it famous.
What is the Lambeau Leap and who invented it?
Robert Brooks is credited with popularizing the celebratory move, but safety LeRoy Butler is the innovator of the Lambeau Leap - the touchdown celebration in which the scoring player leaps into the arms of awaiting fans in the stands.

Butler 'invented' the move Dec. 26, 1993. Here's how it happened: In the fourth quarter, Los Angeles Raiders quarterback Vince Evans completes a second-down swing pass to running back Randy Jordan, who takes the ball to the Raiders' 40-yard-line before Butler forces a fumble that is recovered by Reggie White at the Raiders' 35.

After running with the ball for 10 yards, White lateralles it to Butler, who runs the remaining 25 yards into the end zone and then makes a spontaneous leap into the arms of fans in the south bleachers. The Packers go on to win 28-0 to clinch what would be the first of six consecutive playoff berths.

http://www.packers.com/fan_zone/faq/

oregonpackfan
09-24-2007, 07:57 PM
My all-time favorite was Bart Starr sneaking over the goal line through a hole created by Jerry Kramer and Jim Ringo during the Ice Bowl against the Cowboys.

4and12to12and4
09-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I meant Butler, (why would a running back be on the field when our defense was out there). But, that was the greatest play ever, just how it happened when Reggie picked up the ball and handed it to Leroy, and then, when he leaped, it was pandimonium. And the tradition lives on and may always live on. We'll be explaining this play to our grandchildren, and they'll tell their grandchildren. The Lambeau Leap. The greatest play ever, by far.

DannoMac21
09-24-2007, 08:11 PM
I was going NUTS when Jennings broke free. I jumped out of my chair and started jumping around. Seeing Favre run to the end zone, and getting 420 THAT way, nearly got me teary eyed. What a great way to start the season for this team.

HarveyWallbangers
09-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Honorable Mentions:

James Lofton taking a reverse to the house in '82 at the Giants.

Mark Moseley shanking a FG to give us a well-earned 48-47 win vs. the defending champion Redskins on Monday night in '84, I believe.

Walter Stanley's punt return for a TD to win the Thanksgiving game late at Detroit in '87.

Don Majkowski to Sterling Sharpe in '89. This was the only one I didn't witness, but I was at the Metrodome, and I'll always remember the scores flashing up on the scoreboard late. 13-7 Bears 4th. 14-13 Packers 4th. 14-13 Packers Final.

Favre to Sharpe vs. Pittsburgh in '92. I knew right then that Brett Favre was going to be a star.

Favre to Don Beebe vs. San Fran on Monday night in '96.

Favre to Donald Driver for 85 yards on Monday night in 2002 at Champagne.

The Top 10 List:

10) Favre runs it in from 40 yards at Chicago on Halloween in '94. New force in the NFC Central.

9) Favre to Antonio Freeman on Monday night in 2000. Fluky, but fun nonetheless.

8) Reggie White sacking John Elway on the final two plays in '93. Reggie was going to make a difference.

7) Favre to Robert Brooks for 99 yard at Chicago in '95. Maybe the best pure play.

6) Favre's game winner on 4th down to Cory Bradford vs. the Vikings in '99. After '98, it seemed like the Vikings would dominate the Packers for a long time. That play gave me hope that they would not.

5) Al Harris taking it to the house vs. Seattle in the '03 playoffs.

4) Ahman Green taking it 98 yards vs. Denver in '03. A short time later, the Cards knock the Vikings out of the playoffs.

3) Favre to Sharpe in the '93 playoffs at Detroit. We arrived.

2) Wayne Simmons' hit and Craig Newsome's TD at San Fran in the '95 playoffs. We arrived as a contender.

1) Favre to Andre Rison in the Super Bowl. Then, Desmond Howard's return. Then, Reggie's three sacks late. Reggie running around with the trophy. Favre running off the field after the first TD is the thing I remember most.

Hopefully, Favre to Greg Jennings will end up being on this list.

RashanGary
09-24-2007, 09:56 PM
OK, Harvey is not allowed to post in this type of thread any more. This was supposed to be light harted banter and now I just feel guilty calling myself a Packer fan.

Ass-hole!

gbgary
09-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Honorable Mentions:

James Lofton taking a reverse to the house in '82 at the Giants.

Mark Moseley shanking a FG to give us a well-earned 48-47 win vs. the defending champion Redskins on Monday night in '84, I believe.

Walter Stanley's punt return for a TD to win the Thanksgiving game late at Detroit in '87.

Don Majkowski to Sterling Sharpe in '89. This was the only one I didn't witness, but I was at the Metrodome, and I'll always remember the scores flashing up on the scoreboard late. 13-7 Bears 4th. 14-13 Packers 4th. 14-13 Packers Final.

Favre to Sharpe vs. Pittsburgh in '92. I knew right then that Brett Favre was going to be a star.

Favre to Don Beebe vs. San Fran on Monday night in '96.

Favre to Donald Driver for 85 yards on Monday night in 2002 at Champagne.

The Top 10 List:

10) Favre runs it in from 40 yards at Chicago on Halloween in '94. New force in the NFC Central.

9) Favre to Antonio Freeman on Monday night in 2000. Fluky, but fun nonetheless.

8) Reggie White sacking John Elway on the final two plays in '93. Reggie was going to make a difference.

7) Favre to Robert Brooks for 99 yard at Chicago in '95. Maybe the best pure play.

6) Favre's game winner on 4th down to Cory Bradford vs. the Vikings in '99. After '98, it seemed like the Vikings would dominate the Packers for a long time. That play gave me hope that they would not.

5) Al Harris taking it to the house vs. Seattle in the '03 playoffs.

4) Ahman Green taking it 98 yards vs. Denver in '03. A short time later, the Cards knock the Vikings out of the playoffs.

3) Favre to Sharpe in the '93 playoffs at Detroit. We arrived.

2) Wayne Simmons' hit and Craig Newsome's TD at San Fran in the '95 playoffs. We arrived as a contender.

1) Favre to Andre Rison in the Super Bowl. Then, Desmond Howard's return. Then, Reggie's three sacks late. Reggie running around with the trophy. Favre running off the field after the first TD is the thing I remember most.

Hopefully, Favre to Greg Jennings will end up being on this list.

awesome list but you forgot Favre to kitrick taylor...the legend begins.

HarveyWallbangers
09-24-2007, 10:22 PM
awesome list but you forgot Favre to kitrick taylor...the legend begins.

I didn't see the game, so I can't say it was that memorable.

4and12to12and4
09-24-2007, 10:30 PM
What, do you ladies keep journals of every friggin' game? I thought only Patler was suppose to come up with this kind of historic memories and stats.

Very impressive boys.

CaliforniaCheez
09-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Some of you forget Greg Jennings caught #400.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=38PP6Lwfnis&mode=related&search=

He caught #420

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TD78rThTEs4

Greg Jennings is a good bet to make 421 over 50 yards as well.

The Packers fortunes have changed a lot since the day he was drafted.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RUysttnNcj4&mode=related&search=
(How many mistakes can you catch in what Mort says?)

GrnBay007
09-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Some of you forget Greg Jennings caught #400.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=38PP6Lwfnis&mode=related&search=

He caught #420

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TD78rThTEs4

Greg Jennings is a good bet to make 421 over 50 yards as well.

I read an article today where Driver was saying he wants to be the one to catch 421.

I hope Driver is the one. He really busts his butt out there.

CaliforniaCheez
09-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Everybody is in competition to catch #421.
It will be a highlight shown for decades.

It might be nice if it went to Tauscher who had his catch called back due to a holding penalty by Ruegamer.

Partial
09-24-2007, 10:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Fz1nSAnHY&mode=related&search=

Joemailman
09-24-2007, 10:58 PM
I think it would be cool if a defensive lineman deflects a pass back to Favre, and Favre runs it in.