PDA

View Full Version : 6-0 and looking forward

Partial
09-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Realistically, we have a decent shot to start the season 6-0.

Did anyone ever think that is possible?!?!?!?!?!

I don't see any reason at this point we shouldn't be going into the bye week undefeated. We play the Vikings at an opportune time with some injuries and a back-up quarterback. We play the Bears at home, and they are awfully banged up and going through a quarterback controversy. The Redskins are just not that good of a team.

That is one hell of a way to start the season.

BF4MVP
09-24-2007, 02:01 PM
I don't like counting chickens before they hatch, but it is definitely possible. The Packers are definitely better than the next three teams they play. Doesn't mean they will win all three, but it's possible.

BallHawk
09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm the most concerned about the Viking games. The team cannot get too confident and then go into to the Metrodome and get beat. We've got to be prepared for that game. I do not want Favre's 421st TD pass to be in a loss.

The Bears game will be tough, but I don't see how Grossman and Benson can put up points against us. And there is no way that defense is what is used to be.

The Redskins are a decent team, but they are a team we should beat.

It's going to be a fun ride, so everybody sit back and have a Leinenkugel. :glug:

pittstang5
09-24-2007, 02:05 PM

I don't see any reason at this point we shouldn't be going into the bye week undefeated. We play the Vikings at an opportune time with some injuries and a back-up quarterback. We play the Bears at home, and they are awfully banged up and going through a quarterback controversy. The Redskins are just not that good of a team.

Don't count your chickens before they are hatched is what my pappy always said.

I'm quite pleased were 3-0, but we need to take this one game at a time. Maybe I'm in denial that the Packers are playing pretty good ball, but I smell a big upset brewing sometime down the road.

BallHawk
09-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Wow, that's two "chickens hatching" comments in 2 minutes. :D

Patler
09-24-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm not so sure 6-0 is any more likely than 3-3.

More than likely we'll see 5-1 or 4-2.

Joemailman
09-24-2007, 02:11 PM
I also think there is a chance of 6-0. However, it will be interesting to see if the Packers can handle success as well as they have handled adversity.

A bit of history that is bad news short term, but great news long term: In 1996, the Packers beat the San Diego Chargers at Lambeau Field to go 3-0. The following week, they suffered their 1st loss of the season to Minnesota in the Baggie Dome. The Packers, of course, went on to win the Super Bowl.

Actually, the Packers have an excellent chance to win next week as long as they contain Adrian Peterson. I was very surprised to see the Vikings lose to Kansas City yesterday.

mmmdk
09-24-2007, 02:45 PM
If ANY Packers player are thinking on going 6-0 then I'll be worried - this is close to a pointless subject BUT I don't blame it. Packers are 3-0 and the goal is always a Championship. Gotta love it :mrgreen:

Bretsky
09-24-2007, 07:00 PM
One game at a time; right now I just want us to win in Minnesota

run pMc
09-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Edit: post removed.
Bretsky, I literally typed the same thing you did!

3irty1
09-24-2007, 07:04 PM

I think the skins will be the toughest of the next three. This could be the toughest game left on your schedule considering we get to play Romo in the 2nd half of the season :twisted:

oregonpackfan
09-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Amen to That!

Let us not forget that the Packers have struggled in the Tent-Dome. Never underestimate your opposition.

gbpackfan
09-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Amen to That!

Let us not forget that the Packers have struggled in the Tent-Dome. Never underestimate your opposition.

Yup. This game has let down written all over it. We have to keep our heads in this weeks game, not next weeks or so forth. The Vikes want to beat us, BADLY. And don't think for a minute that the Bears are going to lay down on national TV. These next two games are going to be tough with a capital T.

mmmdk
09-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Amen to That!

Double amen to that - I'll get this game live on national Danish sports channel (tv2Sport).

Listen, we CANNOT lose this one! Why? Because one of the Danish TV hosts is a die hard Vikings fan. He ALWAYS talk purple :x even when other games are played. My adrenaline is already pumping for this game. The name of the TV speaker is Claus Elming; he played HS football in Minnesota and he hates our PACKERS :evil:

WE CANNOT LOSE THIS ONE - EVER!!! I dare say that this, for me at least, is by far the most important game of the season.

Win this one for all the Packer fans around the world - God I could SCREAM !

:pack: GO PACK GO!

PS - Claus Elming also has a brother who played HS fooball; his name is Jesper Elming. They played, I believe, in the early 1990'ties, maybe late 1980'ties - could anyone get me some info to trash those purple punks with? We can send emails to TV hosts during the games! The other host is not a Viking fan and he's good 'cos he bashes the Vikes.

PPS - This is not on you, Rastak.

Packers4Glory
09-25-2007, 04:41 AM
this ain't the teams of the late 90's early 2000's. THey could easily tank at any point w/ so many youngsters playing critical roles.

one week at a time. thats all i can look forward to. too much parity in this lg to look past the current week.

CaliforniaCheez
09-25-2007, 05:31 AM
Every July and August I think that 16-0 is possible.

KYPack
09-25-2007, 07:08 AM
Coach speak is boring, but a lot of it is true.

"Ya gotta take 'em one game at a time."

Here's why:

This next game has all the makings of a trap game.

We are coming off an big home win and we are emotionallly spent.

The Vikes are back home after a tough road loss and are pissed.

We never play worth a damn in the Baggie dome.

If we do win this game, this could just be a special ball club.

hoosier
09-25-2007, 07:51 AM
If we do win this game, this could just be a special ball club.

Or an especially crappy Vikings club. Agree, though, that an upset wouldn't be at all surprising.

LL2
09-25-2007, 03:22 PM
I'll agree with the 1 game at a time sentiment. I'd love to see 6-0, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. I hope the players do not either.

4and12to12and4
09-25-2007, 03:38 PM

I think the skins will be the toughest of the next three. This could be the toughest game left on your schedule considering we get to play Romo in the 2nd half of the season :twisted:

I agree, the Skins game will be tough. They seem to finally be getting all that talent on the same page. They are a very good team. Dallas scares the hell out of me, Romo is the second coming of Favre. We ALWAYS struggle at the Metrodome. One game at a time, guys.

4and12to12and4
09-25-2007, 03:42 PM
BTW, all this ripping on the Bears, they barely lost to the Chargers, could've went either way, beat the Chiefs, and lost to Dallas, who will probably be in the NFC Championship game, and may have had a trophy last year, but for a fluke mishap at the end of the Seahawks game. They were the team I expected to beat the Bears. They are even better this year. So, the Bear's beat a team they should've and had two tough losses against possible Superbowl teams. Let's not start ripping on them just yet.

Bossman641
09-25-2007, 03:56 PM
BTW, all this ripping on the Bears, they barely lost to the Chargers, could've went either way, beat the Chiefs, and lost to Dallas, who will probably be in the NFC Championship game, and may have had a trophy last year, but for a fluke mishap at the end of the Seahawks game. They were the team I expected to beat the Bears. They are even better this year. So, the Bear's beat a team they should've and had two tough losses against possible Superbowl teams. Let's not start ripping on them just yet.

I'm not burying them yet, but have you seen their games. Outside of Berrian, they have next to no offensive weapons. Moose is done, he never had great speed to start and he appears to have lost it all now. Clark and Olsen are a decent TE tandem, but their OL appears to have aged about 4 years over 1 offseason. Benson is a disaster. Grossman, Griese, it won't really matter.

Their defense could still be very tough, but they have been hit hard by injuries and are not very deep at DT. With Harris out their run game will struggle and opposing guards and centers will be able to latch onto Urlacher.

Guiness
09-25-2007, 03:57 PM
agree with the one game at a time line of thought, and I would never have looked ahead to 6-0...but I have to admit, I think it seems much more likely than a 3-3 start

Who knows? I shudder to think at the line that could've been had if you'd been prepared to lay money on the Packers starting 3-0:shock:

KYPack
09-25-2007, 04:44 PM

Benson is a disaster. Grossman, Griese, it won't really matter.

It's Griese. Announced this afternoon.

He'll hav some good games, but this move is better for us. Brian Griese starts out fast, but he don't last.

Deputy Nutz
09-25-2007, 05:22 PM
1-0, Every week thats all I want