PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Has Another Earthquake!

oregonpackfan
09-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Sunday night, 9/23 @ 11:30 p.m. PST there was a 3.6 earthquake with the eipicenter about 10 miles north of Salem. Residents as far north as Portland and Vancouver, WA could feel it.

The epicenter was about 30 miles south of my town.

Despite being a child of the Woodstock Generation who is supposedly in tune with the vibrations of Mother Earth, I slept through the entire experience! :)

packinpatland
09-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Glad you slept thru it!

Given that you are 'old', do you remember a book, I think it was a large, soft covered one, called 'Mother Earth News'? Your mentioning Mother Earth, brought back a memory.................
I also remember wanting to go to Woodstock, packing and everything, and my parents saying 'No' at the last minute...............I don't think I ever forgave them for that!

MJZiggy
09-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Mother Earth News became a magazine. I am literally looking at the latest issue which features 75 ways to live on less, solar power, green cleaners and homemade soups and cider.

Kiwon
09-24-2007, 08:45 PM
We had a small earthquake in Korea last year and I was on the 16th floor of an apartment building when I felt it. Not a very pleasant feeling.

Kiwon
09-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Mother Earth News became a magazine. I am literally looking at the first issue which features 75 ways to live on less, solar power, green cleaners and homemade soups and cider.

MJZ, when was it published? Just curious.

Like your icon, BTW.

MJZiggy
09-24-2007, 08:56 PM
Sorry, Kiwon, meant to type the latest issue not first...but they also have www.motherearthnews.com and it says you can get back issues from 1995.

Kiwon
09-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Sorry, Kiwon, meant to type the latest issue not first...but they also have www.motherearthnews.com and it says you can get back issues from 1995.

Oh, I was going to reminisce for a moment with my tie-dye T-shirt and my love beads. 60's, baby!

But back then we were worried about overpopulation and the coming Ice Age (the real thing, not the movie).

And Snoopy was so popular! Charles Shultz was one of the greatest Americans ever.

MJZiggy
09-24-2007, 09:37 PM
I love Snoopy, but there's just something about Woodstock...

oregonpackfan
09-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Glad you slept thru it!

I also remember wanting to go to Woodstock, packing and everything, and my parents saying 'No' at the last minute...............I don't think I ever forgave them for that!

Wow! What a missed opportunity for an historical event!

In my mid-20's, I was ecstatic to discover a co-worker was there at Woodstock! I began to pump him full of questions about the music, the camping, the "free love" etc. Like most of us during that era, I had watched the movie Woodstock several times

Finally, he shook his head and gave a sheepish smile, "I don't remember very much of it. I just popped some free drugs someone gave me and was in a fog for most of the time."

PIP, perhaps your parents did "spare" you of a bad experience after all.

packinpatland
09-26-2007, 06:40 AM
Glad you slept thru it!

Wow! What a missed opportunity for an historical event!

In my mid-20's, I was ecstatic to discover a co-worker was there at Woodstock! I began to pump him full of questions about the music, the camping, the "free love" etc. Like most of us during that era, I had watched the movie Woodstock several times

Finally, he shook his head and gave a sheepish smile, "I don't remember very much of it. I just popped some free drugs someone gave me and was in a fog for most of the time."

PIP, perhaps your parents did "spare" you of a bad experience after all.

PIP, perhaps your parents did "spare" you of a bad experience after all.[/

I'm sure they did, but at the time it sure didn't seem so!

It still seems unreal, that you can have that many people, so much drugs, so little 'services' and next to no crime........... different times.