PDA

View Full Version : Eating Crow

4and12to12and4
09-24-2007, 07:40 PM
I said over and over and over again I just hoped for a competitive game Sunday, but guaranteed a loss. I am so glad I am eating crow right now. When we didn't score on fourth down, the game was over. I KNEW we were gonna lose. I figured LT would eat the clock. When Barnett grabbed that pick I was in utter shock. Play of the game, other than the slant from Jennings, obviously.

CAN ANYONE BELIEVE WE ARE 3-0 RIGHT NOW!!!! I MEAN, WE JUST BEAT THE FRIGGIN' CHARGERS!!!! I'm so siked. Oh ya, it doesn't hurt that the Bears are 1-2. How sweet!! Grossman is a joke. An absolute joke. It was awesome hearing the crowd chanting Griese, and I'm thinking, the last time that happened, he came in the second half of the Packers game and threw two picks. It's a good time to be in the Chicagoland area. I expect this to turn a bit, but who knows, Brett just seems to have this different approach, more of a will to win than I've ever seen. He's different somehow. More confident, and making unbelievable throws. How fun has this been?

BooHoo
09-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Yes, we are 3-0. I can not believe it either. There is no way I would have guessed we would have beaten our first three opponents.

And now let's crush the Vikes this weekend.

MadtownPacker
09-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Yup, we will all be eating crow if they dont do the right thing and sink the vikings on Sunday.

Rastak is in waiting....

Rastak
09-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Yup, we will all be eating crow if they dont do the right thing and sink the vikings on Sunday.

Rastak is in waiting....

I'm gonna be loud....

MadtownPacker
09-24-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm gonna be loud....Well with the dome half empty Im sure everyone will hear you. :lol:

Bretsky
09-24-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm gonna be loud....Well with the dome half empty Im sure everyone will hear you. :lol:

Road trip to the Dome ? I've been there once; not good results though
Rastak can give us da nudy bar tours

gbgary
09-24-2007, 08:53 PM
any one have a tooth-pick. i think i predicted 4 or 5 wins (can't find the thread where we all predicted the season). before the season started i looked at the schedule and it looked veeery tough. today you see several teams that had real good seasons last year struggling mightily. you knew we wouldn't have a running game after green wasn't signed. early injuries, inconsistant play. whodathunk we'd be sitting 3-0. not me that's for sure. there's just no way to predict the NFL.

Rastak
09-24-2007, 08:56 PM

No Packer fan support with Favre ready to break the record is your prediction?

BallHawk
09-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Ras, what do you see the Packer/Viking crowd attendance being? 50/50?

Rastak
09-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Ras, what do you see the Packer/Viking crowd attendance being? 50/50?

Yea.... :oops:

Fans hate Chilly, Favre is getting set to break a huge record. I'd see it damn near 50/50 I think.

Kiwon
09-24-2007, 09:08 PM
No one predicted that the Pack would start 3-0. There's no need for embarrassment.

The big story so far this year is Farve and his efficiency. He is not throwing INTs even though his ground game has been very unproductive and more passing plays are run.

The smaller story is the consistency on defense. They are playing well as a unit. Not great, but good enough to win.

McCarthy needs to be very careful to have them ready to play the Vikings and not let this seven-game win streak go to their heads.

The Vikings ARE a team that a good team should beat. It's a very important game to build confidence and establish dominance in the NFC North.

Go Pack!

wist43
09-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Gotta tell ya fella's... I'm shocked. 3-0???

I give most of the credit to MM... he has put together differing game plans predicated upon the matchups. Everyone knew the Packers couldn't run the ball down SD's throat... MM attempted only 11 rushes, and put the ball in the air. If he doesn't come into the game with that game plan, I don't think they win.

Also, Sanders has done a very good job designing game plans to stop two of the most explosive RB's in the league in Westbrook and Tomlinson. The front four has been outstanding as we all expected, which makes Sanders' job easier, but there really hasn't been a glaring assignment gaff in 3 games, and I think the coaching staff deserves some credit for that. Beyond that, he's getting creative when he does bring the blitz by showing more fronts than he has in the past.

It's easy to throw accolades around when everything is clicking... but to this point, I think MM and the coaching staff have to be singled out as having done a very good job. :glug:

Tony Oday
09-24-2007, 09:32 PM

I give most of the credit to MM... he has put together differing game plans predicated upon the matchups. Everyone knew the Packers couldn't run the ball down SD's throat... MM attempted only 11 rushes, and put the ball in the air. If he doesn't come into the game with that game plan, I don't think they win.

Also, Sanders has done a very good job designing game plans to stop two of the most explosive RB's in the league in Westbrook and Tomlinson. The front four has been outstanding as we all expected, which makes Sanders' job easier, but there really hasn't been a glaring assignment gaff in 3 games, and I think the coaching staff deserves some credit for that. Beyond that, he's getting creative when he does bring the blitz by showing more fronts than he has in the past.

It's easy to throw accolades around when everything is clicking... but to this point, I think MM and the coaching staff have to be singled out as having done a very good job. :glug:

lol Wist you forgot...."I love Nick Barnett. I think he is great!" hehe

How about TT giving MM the tools to impliment his game plans? ;)

Partial
09-24-2007, 11:20 PM

How about the big plays by Nick Barnett? How has he played this season?

BooHoo
09-25-2007, 11:33 AM
I think I predicted 8-8 this year. Heck, we will have 8 wins during the first half of the season!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D