PDA

View Full Version : The Breakfast Club

GrnBay007
05-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Just watched The Breakfast Club. For as old as that movie is, I still like it. So which character best fits you back in your High School years? The Princess/Prince. The Trouble maker. The Brain. The Jock. The girl/boy loner. :?:

BlueBrewer
05-05-2006, 09:17 PM
I was definately the Jock, but not as small as Emelio Estevez

GrnBay007
05-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Yeah, Emelio Estevez was not very big to be the jock in that movie.

HarveyWallbangers
05-06-2006, 01:09 AM
None. I was an above average student. Not brilliant. I played some sports, but didn't really hang with the jocks. I liked to party, but didn't party all the time. Played tennis in high school and just about every other sport outside of school (basketball, baseball, football, etc.). Mostly hung out with the other dudes from the neighborhood. We "menaced" the neighborhood as 15-16 year old boys in a smaller town tend to do. Chased skirts.

Life was different back in the 80s.

GrnBay007
05-06-2006, 01:20 AM

Ain't that the truth!!

It's unbelievable watching from the outside with your kids how the groups form. Huge thing I think is different now then it was back then......the parents are pushing and promoting harder than ever for their kids to be in a certain crowd. It's very lame and sometimes even embarassing.

I was in the jock group but it was different being in a smaller HS. We were friends with everyone.

I just think that's a cool movie showing all the groups coming together even for a day.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-06-2006, 03:47 AM
The Breakfast Club? You are talking about the Boston Celtics, right? Or is it the Cowboys? Or Bill Romanoski? I am sure I read something about Romo being part of a Breakfest club, but i aint so sure. Romanoski and others like to get up early and work out and called themselves the breakfast club. Maybe its the Celtics. Or the Cowboys. Somebody look it up for me.

MadtownPacker
05-06-2006, 10:35 AM
The Breakfast Club? You are talking about the Boston Celtics, right? Or is it the Cowboys? Or Bill Romanoski? I am sure I read something about Romo being part of a Breakfest club, but i aint so sure. Romanoski and others like to get up early and work out and called themselves the breakfast club. Maybe its the Celtics. Or the Cowboys. Somebody look it up for me.Look it up your own damn self clown! It's an old 80s movie. While your at it look up Cheech and Chong so you can see what smoking weeds looks like too.

As for the this thread I wouldnt have been any of them because i wouldnt have even bothered to show up for any damn detention.

GrnBay007
05-06-2006, 12:03 PM
As for the this thread I wouldnt have been any of them because i wouldnt have even bothered to show up for any damn detention.

Sounds like you just answered the question. :razz: :wink:

Fosco33
05-06-2006, 01:56 PM
I've got to hang out with Judd Nelson a few times in LA. He's pretty much hit the bottom (a few spots on TV series but not much else). He plays tons of video poker at this bar called the Snake Pit - and he's come to a friends place for some BBQs. A real odd ball.

Little Whiskey
05-06-2006, 04:57 PM
think I can guess who tank's charature is???? :mrgreen:

I think you can be a combination of the charatures.

Tarlam!
05-07-2006, 06:32 AM
I was the nerd with the brains to go with it, I was Judd Nelson without being that cool, I was the Jock, but I wasn't that good.

I was all the negatives, with no upside.

I love that movie. I raely ever went to the cinemas, but I did catch that flick on the big screen....

Tyrone Bigguns
05-07-2006, 06:37 PM
I identify mostly with the janitor.

Deputy Nutz
05-07-2006, 10:32 PM
"This is what happens when you spill paint in the garage!"

GBRulz
05-07-2006, 10:59 PM
LOVE that movie!!! can't believe it's 20 years old already!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
05-08-2006, 05:51 PM
LOVE that movie!!! can't believe it's 20 years old already!!!

Hate to say this, as i loved it as well, but it really hasn't aged well.

mraynrand
05-09-2006, 08:31 AM
I was more like the statue in the "learning center"/library. I played tons of sports, but owned a pair of those Nike Internationals!

The question I always had about that movie is how did the weird chick go from shaking her dandruff on a drawing to lip-lock with E.E. at the end? Did Claire have some Selsun Blue in her purse?

GrnBay007
05-09-2006, 08:38 AM
The question I always had about that movie is how did the weird chick go from shaking her dandruff on a drawing to lip-lock with E.E. at the end? Did Claire have some Selsun Blue in her purse?

.....and what really happened when Claire went to visit mr. bad boy in the janitor closet? Did she lose her virginity?

Little Whiskey
05-09-2006, 09:32 AM
[quote=mraynrand]

.....and what really happened when Claire went to visit mr. bad boy in the janitor closet? Did she lose her virginity?

i think he gave her the "hot beef injection"

GrnBay007
05-09-2006, 09:17 PM
He must have been OK. She gave him that diamond earring at the end. :razz:

Little Whiskey
05-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong, but we think you're crazy for making us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out, is that each one of us is a brain, and an athlete, and a basketcase, a princess, and a criminal. Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, The Breakfast Club.

GBRulz
05-29-2006, 07:34 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060529/ap_en_mo/obit_gleason;_ylt=Ao_OFjRarnU54xwIeweZd_dxFb8C;_yl u=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

BURBANK, Calif. - Paul Gleason, who was in "Trading Places" and "The Breakfast Club," has died. He was 67.

Gleason died at a local hospital Saturday of mesothelioma, a rare form of lung cancer linked to asbestos, said his wife, Susan Gleason.

"Whenever you were with Paul, there was never a dull moment," his wife said. "He was awesome."

A native of Miami, Gleason was an avid athlete. Before becoming an actor, he played Triple-A minor league baseball for a handful of clubs in the late 1950s.

Gleason honed his acting skills with his mentor Lee Strasberg, whom he studied with at the Actors Studio beginning in the mid-1960s, family members said.

Through his career, Gleason appeared in over 60 movies that included "Die Hard," "Johnny Be Good," and "National Lampoon's Van Wilder." Most recently, Gleason made a handful of television appearances in hit shows such as "Friends" and "Seinfeld."

Gleason's passions went beyond acting. He had recently published a book of poetry.

"He was an athlete, an actor and a poet," said his daughter, Shannon Gleason-Grossman. "He gave me and my sister a love that is beyond description that will be with us and keep us strong for the rest of our lives."

Actor Jimmy Hawkins, a friend of Gleason's since the 1960s, said he remembered Gleason for a sharp sense of humor.

"He just always had great stories to tell," Hawkins said.

Gleason was survived by his wife, two daughters and a granddaughter. Funeral plans were pending.

GBRulz
05-29-2006, 10:39 PM
*sniffle*

nobody gives a damn about Mr. Vernon :cry:

GrnBay007
05-30-2006, 08:59 AM
*sniffle*

nobody gives a damn about Mr. Vernon :cry:

I care Michele :D
I found it interesting he played minor league ball for awhile before becomming an actor.

AtlPackFan
05-30-2006, 04:23 PM
I was a tweener...kind of what Harv stated only a decade earlier. :mrgreen:

I played two years of basketball and four years of baseball but also participated in school musicals, plays, the Year Book staff (photographer) and was one of only 6 people (our of about 104) to go on to college after graduating HS.

GBRulz
05-30-2006, 06:06 PM
yay, somebody cares! guess the entertainment headlines were all hogged by the birth of baby Brangelina!

Rastak
05-30-2006, 06:29 PM
None. I was an above average student. Not brilliant. I played some sports, but didn't really hang with the jocks. I liked to party, but didn't party all the time. Played tennis in high school and just about every other sport outside of school (basketball, baseball, football, etc.). Mostly hung out with the other dudes from the neighborhood. We "menaced" the neighborhood as 15-16 year old boys in a smaller town tend to do. Chased skirts.

Garage band and hung out with the stoners..... was a decent athlete...but music was more important to me.

HarveyWallbangers
05-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Garage band and hung out with the stoners..... was a decent athlete...but music was more important to me.

Funny! I didn't see that coming.

I didn't hang out with stoners, but we got stoned occasionally. Not so much in high school, but once I hit college it was quite regular.

red
05-31-2006, 09:57 AM
hello old jsonline friends, nice site

i love that movie too

as dumb as it sounds, i was a bit of everyone

i played 4 years of b-ball, 4 years of track, and played every other sport at some point in my life. i was a pretty good student. i did get into trouble and like to cause problems every now and then. was pretty popular, and i liked my quiet times. i think i got along with all the groups well in high school so i guess i was a bit of everything

Patler
05-31-2006, 10:29 AM
Just watched The Breakfast Club. For as old as that movie is, I still like it. So which character best fits you back in your High School years? The Princess/Prince. The Trouble maker. The Brain. The Jock. The girl/boy loner. :?:

The Brain. One "B" in all of high school. A senior English class at that. Otherwise a straight "A" student taking everything in the sciences and math that I could. Also played sports, did forensics, in plays etc., but I was "known", if at all, because of my academic performance. It was sort of hereditary with me.

It all seems pretty irrelevant this many years later. I'm not one to think back to my high school, college or grad school days very much. Just something I did at the time and doesn't carry a lot of meaning for me.

GrnBay007
05-31-2006, 10:33 AM

The Brain. One "B" in all of high school. A senior English class at that. Otherwise a straight "A" student

I knew it!!!!!!! I could tell by your posts!! :razz: :wink:

j/k :twisted:

Patler
05-31-2006, 11:28 AM

The Brain. One "B" in all of high school. A senior English class at that. Otherwise a straight "A" student

I knew it!!!!!!! I could tell by your posts!! :razz: :wink:

j/k :twisted:

What? My sucky skills in English are that apparent?? :lol:

Rastak
05-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Rastak wrote:

Funny! I didn't see that coming.

I didn't hang out with stoners, but we got stoned occasionally. Not so much in high school, but once I hit college it was quite regular

Actually I carried a "B" average and graduated early but I most definately
hung out with the burnouts.

Deputy Nutz
05-31-2006, 04:05 PM
I was the retard jock. I managed my c- average with the best of them. I didn't get the nickname nutz because aced a biology exam. I liked to party, but I also hung out with the academic decathlon team, not because they wanted me too, just because my best friend was the smartest kid in the whole school. I got them high once, that was the funniest fucking thing I can remember doing, I also threw up on one of their beds. Poor bastards for ever knowing me.

pacfan
06-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Not sure where i fit in.

I went to two different High School's. The first two years I was the class president and later the school president (sophomore and junior year). I also set a school record for hours spent in School detention. served as president of the student council and all that jazz. I was promoted early from 8th grade to 9th. Grades were mostly A's, some B's. I was expelled for hittting the principal with a chair junior year.

The second high school (Junior/senior year), I found out about organized sports (FB, BB) and girls. Brawled a bit much with some of the other kids in the school, grades were dismal. I left a semester early to join the Marine Corps, it wasn't until I applied to college that I saw my last quarter grades were all D's.

But the final year was funnnnnnnn.......

Tony Oday
06-01-2006, 04:09 PM
I knew everyone in school was in the same system for all 13 years k-12. Never got less than an A-, played football and tennis. Loved football played almost every position in a game atleast once but man it was hard playing on the line at 175 in HS :) hehe only one play at center because our two Centers got hurt and needed to fill in for the 3rd down play.

Tennis I was actually good at ranked 2nd in my region and I think 28th in the state until I hit College then played Rugby and drank....a LOT!!!

HS hung out got drunk and pissed my friends off by getting great grades while hung over ;)

chain_gang
06-02-2006, 09:14 AM
I guess I would have to be the Partying jock, I played Football Frosh and Soph. years, and played B-ball for all four years. All I did outside of the sports was go to parties and kick it. Luckily I never was busted, close calls a few times with the cops and that, but nothing ever serious. I mainly hung out with the jocks, sometimes the stoners, but they were a little dull for me.

Deputy Nutz
06-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Paul Gleason was a great actor. His best performance was in the 1988 cult favorite, Johnny Be Good as Wayne Hisler, not Hitler.\

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/orion_pictures/johnny_be_good/_group_photos/anthony_michael_hall3.jpg
Johnny Walker: Coach, I think broke my dick!
Wayne Hisler: Rub some dirt on it and get back in there!

Hisler: Where the hell is that kid? Probably out stroking his muskrat some where.