PDA

View Full Version : Just imagine....

Kiwon
09-24-2007, 11:10 PM
....the reaction and media coverage if this kid were a minority.

He's not, so it will go almost unnoticed. Why the double standard?

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=5950

Kiwon
09-25-2007, 06:32 AM
Note how brazen these kids are. It apparently was a set-up.

The boy got a call and was invited to come and play football. He said, "When I got there" there were 7 black teens coming towards him and saying that they were going to beat him up. One, of course, had a video camera ready, captured the whole thing, and posted it on You Tube.

The other teens standing around did nothing. Where were his "friends" to defend him? Note too the teen in the blue shirt grabs this guy's little brother when he tried to run.

You know, there were huge marches in tiny Jena, Louisiana this past weekend over a black-white teen dispute and charges of unequal legal treatment. Apparently, local law enforcement did handle it very clumsily and gave the appearance of inequity and the Civil Rights community responded.

Well, here's a perfect opportunity for Revs. Jackson and Sharpton and other Civil Rights activists to demonstrate exactly how color blind their movement truly is. Will they put their reputations on the line, defend this white student and condemn the black teen thugs that targeted him and exploited it on You Tube?

You know what their response would be if the situation had been reversed. They would be calling it a "Hate Crime" and demanding action. Well, the situation is what it was and I'll have more respect for them and their organizations if they help show that their definition of "Civil Rights" applies equally to all races of people and really doesn't serve as code for "Special Rights" for blacks only.

Reasoned and good-hearted people have to claim the term "Civil Rights" and ensure that it applies equally to all Americans. It is wrong for anyone to be singled out and harmed due solely to his race. These incidents are depressing for those who really would like to see America move forward in a positive direction. It's wrong when it happens, but it is almost not unexpected given the social climate today.

IMO, it's fortunate that this boy was not seriously hurt. I hate to say it, but he and his family ought to move and change schools before something worse happens. Whether any legal action is taken or not and whether any public support is shown or not, the likelihood is that they will not have any peace of mind living in that neighborhood. They will be targets no matter what happens.

I used to have more optimism than this, but it’s waning at this point.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Wow. Sometimes you are really obtuse.

Neither Sharpton nor Jackson nor any civil rights leaders made any statements regarding the fight at the school in LA. It was a school fight. Quite common. They protested, as did others about the ridiculous charges against the students. They were charged with attempted murder..for a student that left the emergency room 3 hours later. Not even close to murder. Not to mention that the students were suspended, yet the white students who hung nooses on the tree on the school grounds that only whites sat under were initially suspended but that was then revoked.

Oh, and that student that was beaten..he was said to have said racial statements in the cafeteria.

This boy, Damien, his own mother can't say for sure what the cause of the beating was. he is new to the school. Do we even know if he is a little shit?

Your point might have some merit if the kids aren't charged with any crime. Is this the case?

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Would have been all over the news. Yes, this is a case of double standard bull shit.

Just curious, who viedo taped it, and how did the media get a hold of it.

swede
09-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Oh, and that student that was beaten..he was said to have said racial statements in the cafeteria.

And lookin' at our women, too! Don't won't no uppity white boys from out of town startin' stuff.

Kiwon
09-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Would have been all over the news. Yes, this is a case of double standard bull shit.

Just curious, who viedo taped it, and how did the media get a hold of it.

It's on You Tube.

The kids planned it. They videotaped it themselves and posted it on the Internet. The story covering the family was the local media.

Kiwon
09-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Oops.....maybe the video taping and Internet posting was not planned.

Police investigating videotaped attack on Ocean View teen

In the video, the 13-year-old boy struggled to stay on his feet as several youths punched and pushed him from all sides. When he finally went down, the blows didn’t cease; he tried to protect his face and head with his hands. As he pleaded for them to stop, he was kicked in the face.

After the weekend beating in Ocean View, which lasted less than 40 seconds, the boy struggled to his feet, his face bloody.

The youth, Damin O’Rourke, who only recently moved to Norfolk’s West Ocean View from North Carolina, was left with bruises and scrapes. Police have identified several assailants – juveniles who they said could face misdemeanor assault charges.

Once again, the city is facing questions related to an assault involving several young assailants.

Damin is white; his assailants are black. Still, police said in a news release: “The assault does not appear to be racially motivated according to information gathered by investigators that we are unable to release.” The city’s Gang Squad was investigating, said Officer Chris Amos, police spokesman.

In July, a group attacked three men in East Ocean View; one died. Police charged seven people, ages 15 to 29, in that case. Police do not think the two attacks are part of a larger pattern, Amos said.

The incident comes on the heels of a march that drew thousands to Jena, La., to protest the treatment of several black youths who were charged with serious crimes in connection with an assault on a white youth. While the circumstances were very different – protesters in Jena said the young defendants were being treated too harshly – the national news media, and some international news outlets, nonetheless took an interest in the Norfolk case.

Billy Cook, a city School Board member who is black, said in an e-mail that community leaders, especially black leaders, should speak out against violence. He said in an interview that black youths are over represented in discipline reports he sees from the schools.

“We need to address the issue directly, deliberately and intentionally, and say 'Enough is enough,’” he said.

Damin, a seventh-grader at Northside Middle School, spoke about the beating Monday at his family’s home on Hickory Street. He said it started without provocation or warning around 5 p.m. Saturday at Marlow and Orange avenues.

He said several people attacked him. Most were strangers, he said, although one went to Northside Middle School.

The attack was videotaped by a youth from the neighborhood who uses a camera to capture images of skateboarding, said Damin, who refused to identify the boy. He said the youth gave his family a copy of what he recorded; they, in turn, released it to news outlets.

WVEC reported that the youth with the camera had been threatened at school for taping the assault.

Police acknowledged the Gang Squad was investigating but did not otherwise reveal any theories about what may have been the motive for the assault.

Kiwon
09-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Five will be charged in videotaped attack in Ocean View

NORFOLK — Five youths were being charged today with misdemeanor mob assault in the weekend attack on a 13-year-old boy in West Ocean View that was captured on video.

Two are 16 years old and the others are 13, 14 and 15, said Officer Chris Amos, a police spokesman. He did not release their names, citing their ages. By the end of the day, he said, investigators will have secured petitions charging the youths as juveniles.

They are believed to be the youths depicted on a digital recording that another youth made of the incident. It shows several people rush at Damin O’Rourke, swinging on him and pushing him from all sides. Damin was hit repeatedly, knocked off his feet and kicked in the face. His face was bloodied; he suffered scrapes and bruises.

Damin’s family released the video of the attack to the news media, which helped the case get national attention.

The offense carries a potential penalty of a year imprisonment and a $2,500 fine.

"Investigators have determined that a non-race-related altercation took place prior to the assault," the city police said in a news release. "Investigators believe that this earlier altercation escalated to the assault caught on videotape. Investigators have further determined that this incident was not gang-related in nature."

The video depicts several black youths beating Damin, who is white.

Asked if he thought the attack was racial in nature, Councilman W. Randy Wright would not rule out the possibility.

"I don't think you can close the door on that until the investigation is complete," he said.

Wright represents a portion of the area where the attack occurred, and for more than a year he has been advocating stronger efforts to fight crime in Ocean View.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2007, 07:15 PM
I just don't see why this is such a big deal.

A teenager got stomped by some teenagers of a different race. Happens a lot.

In the local school where my friend teaches, the black kids often go after the Mexican kids.

I don't see the double standard part. I don't believe that if this had been a black kid beat up by white kids that it would be any more newsworthy.

BallHawk
09-25-2007, 07:21 PM
These kids should get the max penalty. It seems to be unprovoked, it was planned out, and the kid was even baited into coming to a location. Completely premeditated.

BallHawk
09-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Speaking of animal cruelty, check out the mugshot of a dude that beat up his girlfriend's cat....

http://wavy.images.worldnow.com/images/7127253_BG1.jpg

BallHawk
09-25-2007, 07:26 PM
You think that guy has any relation to Jason Spitz?

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/apr06/spitz0429.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2007, 07:28 PM
These kids should get the max penalty. It seems to be unprovoked, it was planned out, and the kid was even baited into coming to a location. Completely premeditated.

I agree. I'm just saying I don't see the case is unusual. And I'm not sure the race of the kids matters that much.

BallHawk
09-25-2007, 07:32 PM
I think that the race of the attack may of played a role in the beating, but I don't think it should change affect the sentencing. No matter what race the kid was, it was premeditated.

Now if the mob was white and the kid was black, completely different story, but, hell, that's what double standards are all about.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Now if the mob was white and the kid was black, completely different story.

I doubt it.

Mabye if the victim was paralyzed or something.

swede
09-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Jason Spitz beat up a black dude's cat?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-26-2007, 01:37 PM

And lookin' at our women, too! Don't won't no uppity white boys from out of town startin' stuff.

The white kid was calling them the Nword. You do that, you gotta expect a beating.

swede
09-26-2007, 03:43 PM

The white kid was calling them the Nword. You do that, you gotta expect a beating.

The sad thing is that that defense alone might get an assault case dismissed in the right courtrooms.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-26-2007, 05:35 PM

The sad thing is that that defense alone might get an assault case dismissed in the right courtrooms.

True. But in Louisiana they make sure there are no "right courtrooms." All white jury. What a surprise.

mraynrand
09-26-2007, 09:59 PM

This is true. Every time I hear blacks being called the 'N word' in a rap song, I just want to go out and kick the shit out of some white boy.

BallHawk
09-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Quite frankly, calling a kid a kid "the N-Word" isn't justification for beating the hell out of him.

I don't know why so much emphasis is put on the word, especially since it is used between other blacks. You don't see Jews calling each other kikes or Mexicans calling each other spics.

If a bunch of Mexican kids beat up the kid after he called them spics I doubt anybody would care.

But because he was addressing African-Americans and he used "the N-Word" he's to blame? I wouldn't be surprised if this gets reduced because of "racially motivated language"

What bullshit.

Zool
09-27-2007, 07:33 AM
You pretty much just summed it up in your post

You typed out kike
You typed out spic
You typed "N-Word"

MadtownPacker
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Ballhawk better not show up to the posters game or Im gonna whupp his lil racist ass!!

:lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2007, 02:12 PM

This is true. Every time I hear blacks being called the 'N word' in a rap song, I just want to go out and kick the shit out of some white boy.

Look, you know as well as i that calling oneself something is different then when others do it.

If I call myself stupid it is ok (either self depracating or in exasperation, etc.) whereas if others do so it is not ok.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Quite frankly, calling a kid a kid "the N-Word" isn't justification for beating the hell out of him.

I don't know why so much emphasis is put on the word, especially since it is used between other blacks. You don't see Jews calling each other kikes or Mexicans calling each other spics.

If a bunch of Mexican kids beat up the kid after he called them spics I doubt anybody would care.

But because he was addressing African-Americans and he used "the N-Word" he's to blame? I wouldn't be surprised if this gets reduced because of "racially motivated language"

What bullshit.

No one is saying anything about justified. Just saying if you say it, expect a potential beat down.

It is very simple. It is certainly your right to walk down the street in any part of any town wearing as much bling as you like. However, you shouldn't be surprised if you get jacked.

Jews/mex: They have their own terms. You just aren't aware of them. For example, mex often refer to themselves as beaners, but don't think you might not offend some if you called one that.

Reduced: You obviously havent' been following this. The black kids were suspended and charged with attempted murder. geez, don't you think that is a bit rough for high school kids. Especially for a beating that didn't leave anyone with serious injuries. My god, fights happen everyday in school. That, my friend, is the disparity in justice.

Ask yourself, if the white kids beat up a black kid, would that DA have charged the white kids with attempted murder. Get real.

You have actually made the case for the black kids. If no one would care if "spics" beat up a white kid, then why are they charging the black kids at all. Shouldn't they not care.

mraynrand
09-27-2007, 03:01 PM

Look, you know as well as i that calling oneself something is different then when others do it.

If I call myself stupid it is ok (either self depracating or in exasperation, etc.) whereas if others do so it is not ok.

Sorry, I disagree. If a word is so loaded that you have to refer to it as the 'N word' instead of 'nigger' or the f word in stead of faggot (or is it *uck? which f word is it?) or the Q word (?queer), then everyone should back off, because it's a terrible word.

But I get your point, you're saying it's okay to call women bitches, as long as their skin color is the same color as yours.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2007, 05:16 PM

Sorry, I disagree. If a word is so loaded that you have to refer to it as the 'N word' instead of 'nigger' or the f word in stead of faggot (or is it *uck? which f word is it?) or the Q word (?queer), then everyone should back off, because it's a terrible word.

But I get your point, you're saying it's okay to call women bitches, as long as their skin color is the same color as yours.

I'm not saying the word is loaded. Just saying that between friends/cultures it is one thing vs. being said by outsiders.

I say the nword outta respect for their wishes. Just as I would have respect for you if you said your name was Robert, but wished to be called Bob.

But, i understand your point. It is a question of civility. I'm torn between that and freedom of speech/expression.

BTW, I call all women, regardless of color BITCHES and HOES. :twisted:

mraynrand
09-27-2007, 06:20 PM

Getting many second dates with that?

I have to admit, I don't like all the 'X-word' lingo because it's pretty Orwellian. And sometimes I wonder if the PC police aren't just pulling our legs with some of this stuff. I can see some guys sitting around one night saying 'if we start using the "F-word" instead of faggot, how long until F-word is used nationwide. Bunch of smart 'A-word'es.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2007, 06:53 PM

Getting many second dates with that?

I have to admit, I don't like all the 'X-word' lingo because it's pretty Orwellian. And sometimes I wonder if the PC police aren't just pulling our legs with some of this stuff. I can see some guys sitting around one night saying 'if we start using the "F-word" instead of faggot, how long until F-word is used nationwide. Bunch of smart 'A-word'es.

You'd be surprised. 8-)

I don't blame the PC police for not calling people racial epithets or mean spirited terms. There is enough legit complaints without throwing them under the bus for every thing you don't like.

MadtownPacker
09-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Jews/mex: They have their own terms. You just aren't aware of them. For example, mex often refer to themselves as beaners, but don't think you might not offend some if you called one that.Why did you capitalize "Jew" but not "mex"? When I dont capitalize something I do it out of disrespect. I think me and 5 of my best homies Im gonna have to beat your Cracka ass down now. Let me know what day and time works for you.

BTW - I dont recall Mexicans referring to themselves as "beaners". When American born Hispanics use it it is more of a reference to Mexican nationals.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Jews/mex: They have their own terms. You just aren't aware of them. For example, mex often refer to themselves as beaners, but don't think you might not offend some if you called one that.Why did you capitalize "Jew" but not "mex"? When I dont capitalize something I do it out of disrespect. I think me and 5 of my best homies Im gonna have to beat your Cracka ass down now. Let me know what day and time works for you.

BTW - I dont recall Mexicans referring to themselves as "beaners". When American born Hispanics use it it is more of a reference to Mexican nationals.

Capitalization: No rhyme or reason. Prolly just cause i started the sentence with the letter J. But, i'll send you my address. One black man vs. 5 wetbacks...pretty fair fight. Make sure you guys are rested. I don't want to hear you were to tired from picking lechuga.

Beaner: I'm sure you are right. My point was that there are terms that most "white" folks aren't aware of..including a crack smokin black man.

Harlan Huckleby
09-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Beaner: I'm sure you are right.

God, Tyrone, have you ever been sucked in by the schtick.

Mad is a Sears Mexican who doesn't even know any real Mexicans. What he does know about them he doesn't like. He knows more about women than he knows about Mexicans. Which is nothing.

Joemailman
09-27-2007, 09:00 PM

Mad is a Sears Mexican who doesn't even know any real Mexicans. What he does know about them he doesn't like. He knows more about women than he knows about Mexicans. Which is nothing.

Didn't you once use the G-word to describe Mad? Or am I allowed to say German?

MadtownPacker
09-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Capitalization: No rhyme or reason. Prolly just cause i started the sentence with the letter J. But, i'll send you my address. One black man vs. 5 wetbacks...pretty fair fight. Make sure you guys are rested. I don't want to hear you were to tired from picking lechuga.

Beaner: I'm sure you are right. My point was that there are terms that most "white" folks aren't aware of..including a crack smokin black man.
Black man?? I thought you said you where the C-word (Cauasian)?

Well this will be easy. Just got to bring a white girl with me and you will be powerless. :lol:

Zool
09-27-2007, 11:07 PM
To quote Tommy Chong

"Beaners beaners beaners beaners. hey man check out this new song I just wrote."

To quote Mike Birbiglia

"Me and my cracker friends were cruisin in my Volvo station wagon and I looked over and said 'pass me the Sun Chips cracker'. He said 'cracker please' so I said 'cracker whaaaaaaaat'"

"After a show a black guy came up to me and said 'sup my cracka'...so I said 'you cant say that word, only we can say that word'....so he said 'its cool i have some white friends and they are down with it'"

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2007, 05:37 AM

It's hard to say which ethnicities Mad has in him, his mom has had so many ethnicities in her: Germans, Irish, Hmong, Russians, Al Harris ...

mraynrand
09-28-2007, 06:55 AM

It's hard to say which ethnicities Mad has in him, his mom has had so many ethnicities in her: Germans, Irish, Hmong, Russians, Al Harris ...

Travis Henry?

MadtownPacker
09-28-2007, 11:27 AM
It's hard to say which ethnicities Mad has in him, his mom has had so many ethnicities in her: Germans, Irish, Hmong, Russians, Al Harris ...But unlike your Mom none of them where her cousins, uncles, or father.

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2007, 11:45 AM
I recently learned that it is legal to marry a first cousin in most U.S. states.

I find this bizarre, with what we know about genetics you'd think government would be encouraging people to get out and about more.

Scott Campbell
09-28-2007, 12:08 PM
It's hard to say which ethnicities Mad has in him, his mom has had so many ethnicities in her: Germans, Irish, Hmong, Russians, Al Harris ...But unlike your Mom none of them where her cousins, uncles, or father.

Or pets....

Tyrone Bigguns
09-28-2007, 01:54 PM

Wow. You have been sucked into my bs as well.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-28-2007, 01:56 PM

Black man?? I thought you said you where the C-word (Cauasian)?

Well this will be easy. Just got to bring a white girl with me and you will be powerless. :lol:

Just make sure she is around 300 hundy wearing spandex. Tyrone has very low standards. 8-)

4and12to12and4
10-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Just make these kids watch and read "The Freedom Writers Diaries", it'll change their lives. :wink:

BEARMAN
10-01-2007, 06:50 PM
They should be prosicuted to the fullest extent of the law ! Do not spare the child, use the rod ! If you do not nip it in the bud right now, I'll(or some one like me) will be picking his dead body off of the street. Young punks think they can get away with anything just cos they are under aged. 18 comes fast, then they are mine !