PDA

View Full Version : Giving credit to were its due... THE Cb's...

packers11
09-24-2007, 11:52 PM
Sure, you can say that Al Harris and Charles Woodson are not statistically performing as most would like but after viewing each game I can say I am very happy with these two...

Even though the occasional TD will happen (with any cb) what most don't realize is they are playing 1 on 1 most of the game...

THERE IS hardly any safety help for them because the three teams the packers have played, it has been 8 or 9 in the box (to stop the high powered rb) and Harris and Woodson 1 on 1 with the outside receiver...

So far no receiver has earned 100 yards against either one and no receiver has been having a field day on the packers... Even though there names haven't been called on a lot, sometimes thats a good thing...

They are locking down the #1 and #2 receiver and its such a better feeling having woodson at the #2 instead of hearing something about #28 screwing up back there...

Sometimes the fans expect to much but having a solid #2 cb will not be forgotten by me, as I watch many teams struggle having their #2 cb picked on, I start to appreciate this duo even more...

Just giving props to these two, its been really quiet for them on this board... It is extremely satisfying knowing that the packers have a good cornerback duo for the second season in a row...

Props to these two... :glug:

Hopefully they can get a couple INT's to make the probowl... :lol: :wink:

3irty1
09-25-2007, 12:34 AM
They both should have made it last year. Al definitely should have made it the year before. I'm probably biased.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-25-2007, 06:12 AM
Good point. I think those two having been playing really good. What will put then over the top is getting a couple turnovers. Its kind of a good sign when your defense is stopping teams without forcing turnovers because those will come down the line.

I hope Harris and Woodson can play at this level for a couple more seasons.

3irty1
09-25-2007, 09:02 AM
The pro bowl selections seem to be based on stats pretty much. I think there is way too much emphasis placed on football stats in the first place but no stats are more misleading than the ones for CB. Lots of stats can show that you were just targeted a lot.

woodbuck27
09-25-2007, 09:32 AM
We have good CB's and if they stay healthy they will get better this season.

I feel they are really coming on now. Both Woodson and Harris had solid games on Sunday Vs. the San Diego Chargers.

packers11
09-25-2007, 01:11 PM
- Inside Football Week 3:

"Al Harris and Charles Woodson

The starting cornerbacks are doing awesome on the downfield receivers. They hit that one pass to Vincent Jackson over Al Harris for a touchdown, but that was good coverage. And even Charles Woodson filled on the run. He's not a banger, but he came in and laid the wood a couple plays, too. What you want from your corners is that every pass is contested. You can't take anything away from what Phillip Rivers did in the first half. There were guys all around him and he just stood in the pocket and threw the ball. That pass Harris got beat on was just an awesome pass and a good catch. The ball was in the perfect spot. Quarterbacks are going to pass for 50, 60%, but the receivers are being contested. It's not like last year when guys were running wide open. With Harris and Woodson, the Packers can send a backer or bring the safety up. The Packers played a lot of cover two because there were a lot of second-and-long and third-and-long situations, but the Packers can do a lot of different things because of those corners. They can put that dreaded eighth man in the box or send (Atari) Bigby or blitz backers. "

Finally someone notices...

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-25-2007, 02:22 PM
Speaking of Atari, we should biltz his ass. Remember what he did in that pre-season game when he was jumping over linemen.

4and12to12and4
09-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Also, don't forget, Woodson got most of his inteceptions in the second half of last years games. We will see just how good they are against the Cowboys and the Lions. Huge challenges.

BallHawk
09-25-2007, 07:56 PM
The pro bowl selections seem to be based on stats pretty much. I think there is way too much emphasis placed on football stats in the first place but no stats are more misleading than the ones for CB. Lots of stats can show that you were just targeted a lot.

It's all about INTs and the big names. Why do you think DeAngelo Hall gets in all the time? Apart from getting INTs, he's a dumbass with penalties and he routinely gives up big plays. He's not even top 15, IMO.