PDA

View Full Version : Thompson: 'I didn’t do my job well enough.'

Anti-Polar Bear
05-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Packers news:

I had a rough year. I didn’t do my job well enough...Thereâ€℠¢s not much you can do about it but pick yourself up off the ground and try to get better.

Yes, you failed the Packers and you are still failing the Packers, Mr. Thompson. Please resign.

$35 M and all you can get is Woodson. I guess to you getting better is remaining mediocre.

Fuck.

Scott Campbell
05-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Packers news:

I had a rough year. I didn’t do my job well enough...There’s not much you can do about it but pick yourself up off the ground and try to get better.

Yes, you failed the Packers and you are still failing the Packers, Mr. Thompson. Please resign.

$35 M and all you can get is Woodson. I guess to you getting better is remaining mediocre.

Fuck.

rhetoric

3: loud and confused and empty talk

Anti-Polar Bear
05-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Harvey to Knight: "Hey knight, what's up?" Knight got axed.

If the same logic could get Thompson fired too, I would do it.

Hey Thompson, what's up?

FritzDontBlitz
05-05-2006, 10:09 PM
polar bear, you should change your avatar to a whining baby with a soggy diaper.

or, maybe a broken record.

Partial
05-06-2006, 12:37 AM
If he only got woodson, then how do they only have 12 million dollars left including the richest draft pool in the league?

STFU idiot, I may be drunk, but your a douche and an anti-scholar assface.

RashanGary
05-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Partial,

What was your name on the other forum?

Anti-Polar Bear
05-06-2006, 03:30 AM
If he only got woodson, then how do they only have 12 million dollars left including the richest draft pool in the league?

STFU idiot, I may be drunk, but your a douche and an anti-scholar assface.

Haha; looks like you can't hold it any longer. Therefore, i will stop ignoring you and reply (but mostly it got to do with the fact that you keep asking questions that ive anwered a million times). :mrgreen:

Thompson is covering up his inability to sign multiple top tier free agents by front loading Woodson and a couple of others' contracts, so on paper, it'll look like the majority of cap money are spent.

Less cap hit in the future should thompson decides to cut the players, sure, but the Packers remain mediocre in the present. If anything, thompson is not utilizing the cap to the max. There's no denying Peterson, Hutchinson, Arrington, Owens and/or Bently would be upgrades to the Pack at their respective positions. Inefficient cap management; missed opportunity. Washington has what? 3-4 time less money to than Thompson and they still got more in free agency.

Let's look at who thompon spend the majority of $35 M on:

Woodson
Kampman
Manuel

Except for Woodson, there isn't much to brag about. Packers remain mediocre.

As Bretsky likes to say, cheers. :lol:

Partial
05-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Partial,

What was your name on the other forum?

JSO?

It was Tensdanny38 for about 8 months, and Partial for 2 or 3. By the time I really got into posting however, the hacker was striking and a lot of the guys from here were gone.

mraynrand
05-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I agree that TT had a rough first year. His skill coming in was the draft, and we won't know for a few years how well that's going in GB. This year, because of a terrible record last year, TT had the best position in the draft since 1992. He had better get a draft that builds a champion in 3 years or he squandered the whole thing.

TT's choices in FA last year were awful. He let go of three pro-bowlers (two earned honors AFTER he let them go - Wahle and Sharper) and he picked up a load of crap in the off season. He slightly redeemed himself with Gado and Davis (still, I have visions of the ball bouncing off Davis' chest in Cincy, blowing a certain TD).

If TT can't improve in FA decisions (Pro player personnel), he's going to last a very short time in GB.

Still, he is inexperienced as GM and deserves at least two more years before hitting the panic button. After all, Matt Millen is still in charge in Detroit and and what he's done there should land him in Jail. Milen should wear a paper bag over his head every time he picks up his check.