PDA

View Full Version : NFl Rankings from Foxsports.

packinpatland
09-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Green Bay ranked 5th!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

"Green Bay silenced its early-season critics on Sunday, coming from behind and beating San Diego 31-24 in Lambeau. Brett Favre's game-sealing fourth quarter 57-yard touchdown strike to Greg Jennings both put the game on ice and put Favre on top of the career touchdown list with Dan Marino at 420. The rally marked Favre's 38th career fourth-quarter comeback. If I were asked to vote on the 2007 MVP right now, I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone other than No. 4. He looks like the No. 4 of '96, the defense looks terrific, and the fans are in a frenzy. Breakout those foam Cheesehead hats. Green Bay is now 3-0 with a trip to 1-2 Minnesota on Sunday."

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Brett's stats should get another boost this week. Looks like its another team whos biggest defensive weakness is the pass.

3irty1
09-25-2007, 02:42 PM
**Glug Glug Glug Glug Glug Glug Glug**

DannoMac21
09-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah, you could consider Favre an MVP candidate........if Tom Brady didn't exist.

LL2
09-25-2007, 03:19 PM
That would be cool if Favre did get MVP this year. That should make him a top 5 all time QB in everyone's book. My friend is a Patriots fan and I told him it would be cool to see a rematch. Hopefully Gb is playing Patriot style football by the end of the season, because the Pats would crush them right now.

4and12to12and4
09-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Why wouldn't they, they still have all the footage from last year's hidden cameras. Hopefully, we've changed our playbook considerably.

packinpatland
09-25-2007, 04:25 PM
NFL.com power rankings:

4. Green Bay (3-0; 5): Brett Favre's arm can continue to work wonders and the defense is solid, but imagine how much scarier this team would be if it had a running game.

LL2
09-25-2007, 04:32 PM
imagine how much scarier this team would be if it had a running game.

This is the part I hope M3 can fix. It's a good question. Wynn is averaging 5.2 yds per carry. Why isn't he used more?

Granted it's early in the season, but right now the only team in the NFC I can see that can prevent from going all the way are the Cowboys. We will know how that will turn out on Nov. 29th.

HarveyWallbangers
09-25-2007, 04:44 PM
imagine how much scarier this team would be if it had a running game.

This is the part I hope M3 can fix. It's a good question. Wynn is averaging 5.2 yds per carry. Why isn't he used more?

Granted it's early in the season, but right now the only team in the NFC I can see that can prevent from going all the way are the Cowboys. We will know how that will turn out on Nov. 29th.

He got 38 yards on one run. When you don't have many carries that skews the stats dramatically. He only had 12 yards on his other 9 carries in that game.

BF4MVP
09-25-2007, 05:23 PM
5 is right where I would rank them..I disagree with the guy saying that until the Colts lose, they're his number 1..The Pats are clearly a better team..

Favre is right up there for MVP, and I would vote for him if I had a vote (obviously 8-) ), but if the award were given out today Brady would win it.

BallHawk
09-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Colts are the #1 team in the NFL in my book. Not only are they the Super Bowl Champs, they have a better offense than the Pats, IMO.

HarveyWallbangers
09-25-2007, 09:18 PM
According to Elias Sports Bureau, this is the first time in Packers history
that the club has begun the season 3-0, with all three wins coming against
teams that made the playoffs in the previous year.

In fact, the 2007 Packers are just the fourth team in league history to
accomplish the feat. The 1982 Washington Redskins, 1991 Houston Oilers and 2002 Saints - under offensive coordinator Mike McCarthy - are the only other clubs in NFL history to open a season with three consecutive wins over teams that reached the playoffs the previous season.