PDA

View Full Version : Pack and Vikings lines are out

3irty1
09-25-2007, 03:02 PM
From bodog:

Green Bay Packers -2.5 (-115)
Minnesota Queens +2.5 (-105)

I officially have my money where my mouth is. Normally I would never bet on a game this early just in case our whole team got injured in practice this week. But these lines are too good!!!

CaliforniaCheez
09-25-2007, 05:23 PM
This is the first week of the season in which the Packers are not the underdogs.

BF4MVP
09-25-2007, 05:25 PM
I think they should be favored by more..Although it makes a difference that they're on the road..

If Green Bay doesn't win this game it would be a huge disappointment.

BallHawk
09-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Why do the oddsmakers make such a big deal of us going to the Metrodome? We've won 3 of our last 4 there, I believe.

I'd say we're around 4.5 points favorites.

3irty1
09-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Why do the oddsmakers make such a big deal of us going to the Metrodome? We've won 3 of our last 4 there, I believe.

I'd say we're around 4.5 points favorites.

By the end of the week I imagine this will baloon up past 7.

BallHawk
09-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Can't see them being around 7. It's a division rival, that always plays a big factor, no matter how good or bad the team is.

packers11
09-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Yea look at Ravens vs Browns...

The spread is only 5...

Division games can be toss-ups at times (look at Bengals vs browns)...

SkinBasket
09-25-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm sure the Vegas boys are a little baffled by the state of several teams that were supposed to be dominant, or at least good, this year, ala CHI, NO, and SD, who have been failures thus far. Until the dust settles a bit on who's actually a contender this year, expect tight lines.

GrnBay007
09-25-2007, 09:22 PM
The way I was taught to read the lines.....the home team gets an un-written 3 pt. advantage for being home team. Because GB is favored, I would look at that as an unwritten 5.5 pt. spread. I've heard other interpretations of the line but that is the way I was taught.

packers11
09-25-2007, 09:27 PM
The way I was taught to read the lines.....the home team gets an un-written 3 pt. advantage for being home team. Because GB is favored, I would look at that as an unwritten 5.5 pt. spread. I've heard other interpretations of the line but that is the way I was taught.

yea you right, but officially if GB bets Min by 3 and the line is "2.5" than I get my money!!! :)

The home team has the "invisible 3" added onto it because they have the home field advantage... But it really doesn't count (if you get what I mean)...

GrnBay007
09-25-2007, 09:33 PM

yea you right, but officially if GB bets Min by 3 and the line is "2.5" than I get my money!!! :)

The home team has the "invisible 3" added onto it because they have the home field advantage... But it really doesn't count (if you get what I mean)...

Right. I should have used the word invisible rather than un-written. So yeah, to me GB +2.5 looks like an awesome bet. But you do have to hope GB is not looking past the Vikings considering they just beat SD and the Vikings aren't doing so well. Some betters might consider the +2.5 GB a sucker bet for the above reasons.

3irty1
09-26-2007, 12:03 AM
They lines come out tight but will be adjusted to keep money on both sides of the game. I'm guessing that the bookies will need to move the lines past 7 before the game. Lines aren't that tight in the early season. I've already seen lines over 14 for the Pats and Bills game. And they covered :shock:

The reason the Browns and Ravens lines are so tight because the Browns were surprisingly good in week 2 and the Ravens were surprisingly bad in week one.

GrnBay007
09-26-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm guessing that the bookies will need to move the lines past 7 before the game. Packer/Vikings? no way can I see that.

cheesner
09-26-2007, 12:37 AM
If Green Bay doesn't win this game it would be a huge disappointment.

Come now. The Packers just won three games in a row that they weren't supposed to. Appreciate what they have done so far.