PDA

View Full Version : Griese to replace Grossman

Brainerd
09-25-2007, 06:34 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d802abff2&template=with-video&confirm=true

Lurker64
09-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Isn't NFL's Adam Schefter notoriously innacurate?

hurleyfan
09-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Posted in ESPN also

Kiwon
09-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Lovie gave Grossman every opportunity to make the starting qb's job his own. He stuck his neck out for him, especially last season.

It's time for a change.

hurleyfan
09-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Lovie gave Grossman every opportunity to make the starting qb's job his own. He stuck his neck out for him, especially last season.

It's time for a change.

Kiwon,
I have to question your avatar and what it means :?:

Iron Mike
09-25-2007, 07:07 PM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_pw9SjtBkmsg/RvfrxLlKetI/AAAAAAAAAVE/YS7W-1sATpc/s400/rex+vs+boys.jpg

Rexterminated!!!

Scott Campbell
09-25-2007, 07:13 PM
I wonder if this will affect his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

BallHawk
09-25-2007, 07:41 PM

Just a bump in the road, IMO.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Griese and Grossman are tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum.

I think there are about 12 excellent QBs in the whole NFL. Then about 30 interchangeable guys who are OK to start. I put Griese & Grossman in that category. They aren't the Bears problem on offense.

BallHawk
09-25-2007, 07:50 PM
If it weren't for the Schaub trade, trading Thomas Jones would probably go down as the worst trade of the offseason.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2007, 07:55 PM
If it weren't for the Schaub trade, trading Thomas Jones would probably go down as the worst trade of the offseason.

ya, that was stupid alright.

BooHoo
09-25-2007, 08:59 PM
I can not see Griese as being that much of an improvement. He has had problems in the past also. In fact, it might be worse. This Sunday would be a good time to play the bears.

Joemailman
09-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Starting Griese last year would have been a good idea because the Bears had a dominant defense and a good running game. This year they appear to have neither. I'm not sure this is going to work.

Carolina_Packer
09-25-2007, 09:17 PM
I can not see Griese as being that much of an improvement. He has had problems in the past also. In fact, it might be worse. This Sunday would be a good time to play the bears.

Well, they had to try something, of course. If Kyle Orton can be almost nothing offensively and still get the Bears to the playoffs a couple of years ago when Rex was hurt (of course it's the defense, and always is), that just shows that if you have a QB who can manage the game and take care of the football, you'll be OK. Of course, if ExCederic Benson can't run the ball, that just heaps on how stupid that offseason trade of Thomas Jones was and is.

Jerry Angelo or TT; who would you rather have?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Angelo

billy_oliver880
09-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey remember when the bears offense was really good? Wait..What? Ya I don't remember either.

Badgerinmaine
09-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Of course not. He'd need to buy a ticket to get in before and he still will. :)

I agree with Kiwon--Lovie Smith gave him every opportunity and went out on a limb for him and didn't deliver. I'm surprised he didn't make this move long ago.

The Leaper
09-26-2007, 10:14 AM
If Griese was the true answer to what ails the Bears, he'd be in Denver right now racking up wins when Jay Cutler is throwing them away.

Griese is no more mobile than Grossman, and has also exhibited a lot of frustrating inconsistency during his career...which is what made him a Bear bench warmer in the first place.

Honestly, I don't see this move as being a big help to the Bears other than getting the monkey of Grossman off their back. If Griese comes out and throws an INT in the Bears first possession on Sunday, any potential from the move suddenly disappears.

oregonpackfan
09-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Endorsers of commercial products are not exactly fighting each other to land contracts with Grossman or Griese.