PDA

View Full Version : Texans' report on Ahman Green

Patler
09-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Green day-to-day: Running back Ahman Green is considered day-to-day after an MRI revealed no damage to his bruised left knee, injured on a hard hit in the season opener against Kansas City. Green did not return to the Colts game after struggling with the injury early in the first half.

BallHawk
09-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Good news. I want him to keep on playing.

ZachMN
09-26-2007, 07:46 PM
the dude has been rode hard and put away wet. He wasn't worth the big ching and he would have prevented out young guys from getting reps. I love him and for what he did but I said it this summer- he will miss four games minimum. He couldn't even practice that much last year. God bless him and good for him for getting paid but he wasn't worth it for us long term.

Fritz
09-27-2007, 06:40 AM
On a similar note, check out this injury report:

"Dolphins: DNP: S Lamont Thompson (migraine). Limited: TE David Martin (toe), LB Zach Thomas (concussion)."

Hmm. Let's see how this ends up.

Merlin
09-27-2007, 08:11 AM
the dude has been rode hard and put away wet. He wasn't worth the big ching and he would have prevented out young guys from getting reps. I love him and for what he did but I said it this summer- he will miss four games minimum. He couldn't even practice that much last year. God bless him and good for him for getting paid but he wasn't worth it for us long term.

Although he signed a long term contract, it was padded up front. It was worth us to offer him an incentive laden contract worth $$$ up front for a couple of years. Long term no, short term yes. Having Green today would be a difference maker. With the way we aren't running the ball, he could have easily managed all of our carries thus far without injury.

The Leaper
09-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Having Green today would be a difference maker.

Difference maker in what? Last time I checked, we were 3-0. Please explain how Green's presence could improve upon that.

MJZiggy
09-27-2007, 10:03 AM
There's also the idea that it's hard to be a difference maker when you're out of the game with a knee injury...I hope he gets back in soon (and that we keep the ability to use the undefeated argument as a reason we don't need him :jig:

ZachMN
09-27-2007, 02:41 PM

Although he signed a long term contract, it was padded up front. It was worth us to offer him an incentive laden contract worth $$$ up front for a couple of years. Long term no, short term yes. Having Green today would be a difference maker. With the way we aren't running the ball, he could have easily managed all of our carries thus far without injury.

yeah, he would be the difference in our younger RB's with a future and upside not getting the reps they need. That's TT's philosophy and I love it. The NFL isn't a place to be all warm and fuzzy and emtional over guys. When a player isn't cutting the mustard and wants more than he's worht bye bye.....

Joemailman
09-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Having Green today would be a difference maker.

Difference maker in what? Last time I checked, we were 3-0. Please explain how Green's presence could improve upon that.

Don't you understand? Winning doesn't matter. TT is an idiot. That's all that matters.

Patler
09-27-2007, 06:38 PM
It was worth us to offer him an incentive laden contract worth $$$ up front for a couple of years. Long term no, short term yes.

They did. He turned it down for the larger guarantee and longer term offered by the Texans.

KYPack
09-28-2007, 04:28 PM
It was worth us to offer him an incentive laden contract worth $$$ up front for a couple of years. Long term no, short term yes.

They did. He turned it down for the larger guarantee and longer term offered by the Texans.

Green HAD to sign with Texas. This was his last big $ shot and the Texans ponied up big money. It was his last time to get the big payday and he took it. I love the guy. He always played hard for us. Good luck to him.

4and12to12and4
09-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Javon Walker and Ahman Green should still be on this team. Ahman would've signed for less than what Houston gave him. He really wanted to stay. He deserved to become our all-time leading RB, and we just gave him away with NOBODY worth anything to replace him. TT screwed up both Javon and Green's situations, and handled them horribly. Both players were loyal, bust their ass on and off the field kind of guys. Green was the hardest offseason worker we had on our roster, and we screwed him. He should've never even gotten to FA. TT blew it, and our running game better start making some progress, cuz teams are gonna start figuring out these slant patterns, and Brett's not gonna be able to have near perfect games like the last two to win all season. We need a run game. I only hope these youngsters get it together with the o-line and get it figured out, it's possible. It takes time to learn who's going where, etc. and I think by midseason, we'll will be at least a decent threat in the run game. Until then, let's hope Brett continues to make unreal plays and our receivers continue to come up with great catches. We can afford NO injuries in the WR core. By the way, is Holiday and Ruvell active? They were no where to be found last week. Did they even play? James Jones is going to be a probowler, he has GREAT hands, and knows how to seperate, and help Favre on broken plays. He plays with great instincts and can catch the ball in traffic. If he looks this good as a rookie, whoa nelly. I love Jennings, James and Driver, with Bubba and Lee having good years, if we can start runnng the ball, we will be offensively elite. All this with a top five defense. I'm excited. I love this team. By the way, we are going to absolutely ROUT the Vikings, they are inferior to us in every position except maybe defensive line, and we have more depth there. This game is going to be over by mid third quarter, that is my guarantee.

Fritz
09-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Javon Walker and Ahman Green should still be on this team. Ahman would've signed for less than what Houston gave him. He really wanted to stay. He deserved to become our all-time leading RB, and we just gave him away with NOBODY worth anything to replace him. TT screwed up both Javon and Green's situations, and handled them horribly. Both players were loyal, bust their ass on and off the field kind of guys. Green was the hardest offseason worker we had on our roster, and we screwed him. He should've never even gotten to FA. TT blew it, and our running game better start making some progress, cuz teams are gonna start figuring out these slant patterns, and Brett's not gonna be able to have near perfect games like the last two to win all season. We need a run game. I only hope these youngsters get it together with the o-line and get it figured out, it's possible. It takes time to learn who's going where, etc. and I think by midseason, we'll will be at least a decent threat in the run game. Until then, let's hope Brett continues to make unreal plays and our receivers continue to come up with great catches. We can afford NO injuries in the WR core. By the way, is Holiday and Ruvell active? They were no where to be found last week. Did they even play? James Jones is going to be a probowler, he has GREAT hands, and knows how to seperate, and help Favre on broken plays. He plays with great instincts and can catch the ball in traffic. If he looks this good as a rookie, whoa nelly. I love Jennings, James and Driver, with Bubba and Lee having good years, if we can start runnng the ball, we will be offensively elite. All this with a top five defense. I'm excited. I love this team. By the way, we are going to absolutely ROUT the Vikings, they are inferior to us in every position except maybe defensive line, and we have more depth there. This game is going to be over by mid third quarter, that is my guarantee.

No dude. The boldfaced line - it is simply not true. See Patler's post above.

3irty1
09-29-2007, 11:27 AM
I dont' think there's any amount of money that we would spend on Green that Sherman wouldn't double. Mike Sherman and Ahman Green are kind of a duo. If we'd kept Sherman I'm sure we would have paid for Green but I think we can all agree that it's not worth it.

That being said, I know people were harping on Green for getting old and taking too many plays off but by the end of the year I think we are going to miss him. He's still really good.

Harlan Huckleby
09-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Javon Walker and Ahman Green should still be on this team.
I wouldn't mind having Walker, but Green is on downside, not a good bet for a contract period.

If Morency had not gotten hurt, I think the running-back-by-committee would not be looking so lame. Mabye it will turn around yet.

woodbuck27
09-30-2007, 03:04 AM
Javon Walker and Ahman Green should still be on this team.
I wouldn't mind having Walker, but Green is on downside, not a good bet for a contract period.

If Morency had not gotten hurt, I think the running-back-by-committee would not be looking so lame. Mabye it will turn around yet.

Yes maybe we can move fr. 32nd to about 30th.