09-26-2007, 09:13 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/sportsline/main10371609.shtml

Badgerinmaine
09-26-2007, 09:41 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread on Paul Hornung.... :wink:

Nice to see the high ranking.

gbgary
09-26-2007, 02:35 PM
i hope the team isn't reading or paying attention to all this praise. they need to stay hungry, level headed, and keep the underdog "it's us against the world" attitude. i know brett is doing his best to down-play everything.

MJZiggy
09-26-2007, 02:39 PM
I don't think M3's gonna put up with too much ego in that locker room. He will praise great performances and teamwork but I think if any egos get too big he will quickly deflate them...

OS PA
09-26-2007, 04:19 PM
It's good to see us in the top five and not be looking at a draft board.

Maxie the Taxi
09-26-2007, 07:43 PM
What the heck is a power ranking?

packers11
09-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Dr. Z puts the packers at #5 too...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/09/26/ranks.part1/index.html?bcnn=yes

Green Bay Packers (3-0)
So they put Brett Favre back in a shotgun against the Chargers and said keep it short and keep it sweet and he spent the afternoon flanging it around every which way. Now doesn't this make a lot more sense than wasting time handing the ball off to mediocre runners? Got to set up the play action, I'm hearing. Play action? In the gun? Come on now. Got to tire them out with running plays, I'm hearing. You don't think spending an afternoon trying to rush a guy who's getting the ball out quickly, on rhythm, is tiring? Try it some time. So the Pack came up with the lopsided stats of 45 passes vs. 13 runs, two of which were a Favre scramble and a kneel, which makes it 11 legitimate rushes. And I e-mailed a very fine person named Nick Stamm of Stats, Inc., to find out if a team ever won a game calling fewer running plays. Yes. Two years ago, in one of those last-game-of-the-season, we're resting the varsity, type of encounters, Indy beat Arizona on 10 runs, four of which belonged to QB Jim Sorgi. The variety of Sorgi runs was not indicated. But it means a maximum of 10, a minimum of six.