PDA

View Full Version : Wynn's minor brain fart

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Just a tidbit on Deshawn Wynn for Wynn's True Fan Club. Being the eager beaver that he is, he didn't want to leave the game after spraining his ankle during the Chargers game. His True fans forgive this small error in judgement, and just hope he's 100% for minnie soda.

After the game, Wynn admitted he called the Packers' second timeout with 7 minutes, 9 seconds to play because he was supposed to be thrown a screen pass on the next play and his ankle wouldn't allow him to continue. McCarthy said the medical staff didn't seem concerned about the injury, while McCarthy was more concerned that Wynn didn't come out of the game sooner and save the timeout.

"That was a first for me. Someone calls a timeout and you don't know where it came from. I think we'll correct that," McCarthy said. "(If he's hurt), he either goes on the ground or he gets off the field. You don't wait until the clock ticks down to 5 seconds on the 40-second clock and call timeout."

http://www.SequelSolutions.biz/WynnWTF.jpg
Our hero, indoors 8-)

mission
09-26-2007, 11:02 AM
haha I'm assuming the WTF on his hat is photoshopped but at first glance I didn't think so and thought "ah how fitting"

MadtownPacker
09-26-2007, 11:04 AM
What about "The Wynners Circle"?

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2007, 11:12 AM
What about "The Wynners Circle"?

you mean like when boys go on a camping trip? We don't talk about that.

mission
09-26-2007, 11:15 AM
just dont be last and it's a real fun game :lol:

BF4MVP
09-26-2007, 12:24 PM
When I first saw a timeout called, I thought "why the hell didn't they just challenge the Donald Lee play if they were going to call a timeout anyways? Worst-case scenario, they lose the timeout that they ended up spending anyway."

Then I read this..JUST FALL DOWN IF YOU'RE HURT, WYNN!! Grab your ankle and writhe in pain..Make it dramatic. That could have EASILY cost us that game..It would have been right up there with last season's fumble in the redzone against STL and the INT at the 1 yard line at Buffalo..Wynn better be kissing Jennings' feet right now.

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2007, 12:47 PM
ahh, you BJackoff.

Freak Out
09-26-2007, 12:49 PM
WTS is right. Minor brain fart could have turned into a real fogger.....but it all worked out in the end. I like how he plays the game though.

CaliforniaCheez
09-26-2007, 02:56 PM
It's not the first and it won't be the last.

When these things happen in a victory fans minimize them.
If it were to happen in a loss fans would magnify it.

Rookies have a tendency to be inexperienced and immature. Among the rookies this guy is the most immature.

I disliked the pick at the draft and haven't liked this guy much because I considered him mentally unfit for pro football. The practice squad might have done him some good.

That said there has been some improvement. We are not hearing him whine about the wrong things. My unfavorable opinion has begun to melt away as the season progresses. Where there is improvement there is hope. He therefore is much further on the maturity scale than an Ahmad Carroll.

If this guy keeps his mouth shut and learns he may keep going on me until I like him. Now with me he's worked his way up to probation.

Joemailman
09-26-2007, 04:12 PM
haha I'm assuming the WTF on his hat is photoshopped but at first glance I didn't think so and thought "ah how fitting"

Actually, I believe McCarthy embroidered that for him.

BallHawk
09-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Wynn hasn't really proven anything?

He has one big run and an easy pass for a long gain and people are proclaiming him the best RB on the roster. He's no better or worse than Grant or BJack.

The best back on this roster is Morency, without question. He just needs to get his ass back on the field and then we'll have a running game.

Morency is capable of being a starting back in the NFL.

Sounds stupid, right?

That's because it is. :D

I'm sticking to it, though. I really think Morency is a good back.

LEWCWA
09-26-2007, 06:59 PM
I haven't seen or hear much of BJack's Gaffe in the final minute either! How do you run outta bounds and stop the clock? The kids gotta turn it up and bull his way to the goal line! Never stop the clock!

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Wynn hasn't really proven anything?

Yes, yes you are. And you must change or be forever damned.

The best back on this roster is Morency, without question.

I think you are probably right. But there is certainly a question. We might see any of the four guys emerge.

HarveyWallbangers
09-26-2007, 09:35 PM
I haven't seen or hear much of BJack's Gaffe in the final minute either! How do you run outta bounds and stop the clock? The kids gotta turn it up and bull his way to the goal line! Never stop the clock!

Nah, the kid was fighting for the goalline and got pushed sideways, but he had to go for it. He ended up inches short on a 1st down run. If he scores, game over. The score was as important as clock management at that point. San Diego had two timeouts. If we don't score a TD, they'll get the ball back with close to a minute left regardless.

LEWCWA
09-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Yeah and you make them use the timeouts by staying inbounds.