PDA

View Full Version : Bears VS Lions - who do you want to win?

MadScientist
09-26-2007, 01:26 PM
Since they both can't lose, which team do you want to see win this one.

If the Lions win, it may be the death knell for the Bears this season. It would likely mean either their QB situation is still a mess, or their vaunted D is failing, or both. A Bears loss would be good news for the Packers. However, a Lions win would give them a shot of confidence, especially after being flattened by the Eagles. They would also at worst stay right on the Packers heels, if not tied with the Packers.

If the Bears win, it would mean that the Lions high powered offense can be shut down (can't see the Bears winning a shootout), providing other teams a blueprint on how to do it. It would also give the Packers a chance of opening up a 2 game lead on the division. A Lions loss would be a good thing for the Packers. However, the Bears winning would likely mean that their defense is still pretty good despite the injuries, and that Griese is at least a viable option at QB. It would also give them momentum for there game the following week at Lambeau.

My take? I'm still more concerned about the Bears making a run than the Lions being for real. Maybe I'm doing too much 'Last Year Thinking', but that is the way I see it. The Bears are down, and I want to see them out. Especially with them coming to Lambeau next week. Ideally this will be a poorly played game, like the first half of the Bears - Cowboys game last week, with the Lions winning field goal set up by a Hester fumble.

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2007, 01:33 PM
the bears are a more dangerous team. better to notch a loss on them.

and hell, with Griese's debut, of course your want them to reel. this is a no brainer.

swede
09-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Bears seem like a college team. They can get fired up to crazy levels of intensity or fall apart in doubt and panic.

It'd be pleasant to see them lose again, and it would raise all kinds of questions about their offense and quarterback situation.

Historically gainst the Packers, it seems that the Lions are usually good for a win and a loss each season no matter how good or bad they are.

The Leaper
09-26-2007, 01:44 PM
1. The Bears are our historically greatest rival...unless a win by them directly helps us in a way that we cannot help ourselves, I wish them eternal demise.

2. The Bears defense and special teams scare me far more than the Lions offense.

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty...Go Lions!

3irty1
09-26-2007, 02:53 PM
the Bears and Packers are the biggest rivalry in football. If you are even thinking about willing them to do well, just go watch this and remember who you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g8cwPZ6Q0A

That being said looking at our schedule the game I feel the worst about is that Thanksgiving game against the Lions. It just reeks of upset.

BEARMAN
09-26-2007, 04:46 PM
" Da BEARS " ! :bclap:

Now that Rex is benched, "LOOK OUT" !

The "Monsters of the Midway " are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack ! :twisted:

I luv that song, I'm not here to cause no trouble, I'm just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle ! :bump:

Go BEARS Go ! :tup:

Him8123
09-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Bearman
weren`t you the one saying look out for Da Bears and Rex?? You praised Rex so much and now you`re happy he`s benched what`s up with that?

Badgerinmaine
09-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Oh, THERE'S Bearman! We thought you were hibernating. :D

Definitely the Lions. I don't really mind the Lions, but I really don't like the Bears at all. More importantly, I still think the Bears are more of a threat than the Lions are.

4and12to12and4
09-26-2007, 05:43 PM
ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME???????? WE HATE THE BEARS, SO, UNLESS THEIR WINNING DEFINITELY AFFECTS WHETHER OR NOT WE GO TO THE PLAYOFFS, WE ROOT AGAINST THEM. I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO DIGNIFY COMING BACK INTO THIS THREAD. DONE.

4and12to12and4
09-26-2007, 05:50 PM
By the way Bearman, you must have a GREAT memory if you still know the words to that song, did that make VH1's 80's top list? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I can talk, I'm rooting for a baseball team "I hear" won a Championship approximately 100 years ago. Oh well ...

retailguy
09-26-2007, 06:02 PM
By the way Bearman, you must have a GREAT memory if you still know the words to that song, did that make VH1's 80's top list? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I can talk, I'm rooting for a baseball team "I hear" won a Championship approximately 100 years ago. Oh well ...

I thought you weren't coming back into this thread?

HI Bearman - What did you do to my new hero Wrex? I wanted him to be the Bears QB for the next 10 years.... LMAO!

4and12to12and4
09-26-2007, 06:08 PM
I wasn't coming back, but I hadn't read a post yet, so when I read through and saw Bearballs made a comment I couldn't help it. Now, this reply is complete hypocrisy.

Rastak
09-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Bearman
weren`t you the one saying look out for Da Bears and Rex?? You praised Rex so much and now you`re happy he`s benched what`s up with that?

I don't think there's a Bear fan on the planet who praised Rex. That dude was universaly panned in Chicago from what I saw when I was there last year.

LEWCWA
09-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Dumbass question!!! :!: :!: :!: :wink: :wink: :cry: 8-)

Scott Campbell
09-26-2007, 09:35 PM

So how come it took your coach a year to figure out what Packer fans have known for more than a year?

Kind of makes you go - hmmmmmm.

The Shadow
09-26-2007, 09:58 PM

I luv that song, I'm not here to cause no trouble, I'm just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle ! :bump:

And you didn't!
Good to see Bearman has a sense of humor.

Jerry Tagge
09-27-2007, 09:19 PM
A Bears loss to the Lions this week and to the Packers next week will have all the Bears clowns jumping off the bandwagon.

In other words, it will just like it was from 1992-2004. No Bears clowns to be found in FIB land.

It will be easier to find Osama bin Laden than a Bears fan if the mighty Muppets start out 1-4. They really are the fairest of the fair weather fans.

Jerry Tagge
09-27-2007, 09:21 PM

Getting ready to jump off that bandwagon? You Bears clowns are awfully quiet here in FIB land these days.

Who would have thought Bears fans would abandon their team once they start to suck again? Anyone with a brain.

BTW, I like this song much better:

THE BEARS STILL SUCK
THE BEARS STILL SUCK
THE BEARS STILL SUCK
THE BEARS STILL SUCK
THEY REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY SUCK
YES, THE BEARS STILL SUCK

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 09:36 PM
If CJ can be somewhat close to 100% I'd take the Lions

BallHawk
09-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Let's go Lions.

Either way this game works out great. Assuming the Packers win, if the Bears win the Pack have a two game lead. If the Lions win the Bears are 1-3.

:glug:

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 09:40 PM
If we lose, everything is really bunched up.

VegasPackFan
09-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Bears vs Lions, who do you want to win?

Packers.

I could care less about those other two.

And yes, no self respecting Packer fan would ever root for the Bears. If we REALLY needed them to win to help us, I root for a forfeit or act of God instead.......

MadScientist
09-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Bears vs Lions, who do you want to win?

Packers.

I could care less about those other two.

And yes, no self respecting Packer fan would ever root for the Bears. If we REALLY needed them to win to help us, I root for a forfeit or act of God instead.......

You never have to root for the Bears, just root strongly for the team they are playing to lose. Perhaps the question should have been phrased 'Bears vs Lions, who would you rather see lose?'

VegasPackFan
09-28-2007, 12:09 AM
I can work with that phrasing. Now how we can we work this out where they both lose? :P

MadScientist
09-28-2007, 12:49 AM
I can work with that phrasing. Now how we can we work this out where they both lose? :P

A 0 - 0 tie, with both teams redefining the term inept.

Fritz
09-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Yes, that's my thinking. I want them both to lose, and look piss poor doing so. Thing is, if the Lions lose and do so in a way reminiscent of their usual antics (penalties, turnovers, finger-pointing), they are more likely to begin the slide back to Matt Millen-ville (you know, that 5-11, 6-10 kind of place), and then they will be less to worry about.

Still, I can hardly root for the Bears.

KYPack
09-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Bears to lose. It's my universal wish.

4and12to12and4
09-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Any self-respecting Packers fan could never root for the Bears, unless their win ultimately affected us going into the playoffs. If you don't have that hatred for this shit team, you need to do some serious sole searching and read a few football history books. They are our hated rival, the greatest rival in the NFL, only the Yanks and Redsox have the edge on nastiness. Check out footage of mcMahon getting tossed around after the whistle blew, when Forrest Gregg ran our team, there was straight up hatred between these teams, and now that we are both good teams, now is the time to bring that hatred to the next level. I hope for a bench clearing brawl on Oct. 7th. That would make me very happy. I HATE the Bears.

VegasPackFan
09-29-2007, 02:02 AM
I searched my sole and all I saw was "Nike". Not sure what to make of that.

But I do hate the Bears and all their fans with intesity.

Fritz
09-29-2007, 08:10 AM
I searched my sole and all I saw was "Nike". Not sure what to make of that.

But I do hate the Bears and all their fans with intesity.

I searched my sole and saw that it was looking fishy.

Bretsky
09-29-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm more curious as to everybody's predictions

I see nearly everybody media wise is picking Da Bears, but IMO it's a toss up

Chubbyhubby
09-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Let's go Lions.

Either way this game works out great. Assuming the Packers win, if the Bears win the Pack have a two game lead. If the Lions win the Bears are 1-3.

:glug:

If the Bears lose agaist the Lions and the Packers win against the Vikings and the Bears the following week the standings will be as follows:

Packers 5-0
Lions 4-1
Vikings 2-3
Bears 1-4

I will be doing cart flips if that happens!!

Packnut
09-29-2007, 08:30 AM
The Lions will win this game. The Bears secondary is a M.A.S.H. unit. Kitna and his WR's are gonna have a field day. McDonald will have a career day working out of the slot against Chicago's nickel back.

RashanGary
09-29-2007, 08:51 AM
Packers 10-6
Vikings 7-9
Lions 7-9
Bears 7-9

I could see the division shaking out something like this. We'll run into some rough water at some point.

I think the Vikings QB, the Bears QB/age/health and the Lions defense are all more damning as well as less likely to be fixed compared to our running game.

Iron Mike
09-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Bearman

That's right, throw him under the bus, now.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_3ZJuj_RcIcI/RvprE4jXZEI/AAAAAAAAAcE/ReK5a77Ee24/s320/grossman+stabbed.jpg

Scott Campbell
09-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Packers 10-6
Vikings 7-9
Lions 7-9
Bears 7-9

I could see the division shaking out something like this. We'll run into some rough water at some point.

I think the Vikings QB, the Bears QB/age/health and the Lions defense are all more damning as well as less likely to be fixed compared to our running game.

We'd have to play 7-6 the rest of the way to finish 10-6. I think that would be a bit of a dissapointment now.

woodbuck27
09-30-2007, 01:39 AM
I believe that the Lions will win this game.

Too much offense (Lions) for the Bears to survive this matchup.

I have no real preference for who I want to win as this is only week #4 of the schedule.

BEARMAN
09-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Hard to stand up an beat our chests when Da BEARS are playing so poorly, but with Griese at the helm things are looking up. Heck he can't be any worse then Rex, he protects the ball better, as a ten year vet he has more experience. Our "D" is hurting however our front four are ok and need a great game to place hurry-up on Kitna. Da BEARS have a good chance of winning this one. Would be a boost if we do. I hope for no more injuries !

Iron Mike
09-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Hard to stand up an beat our chests when Da BEARS are playing so poorly, but with Griese at the helm things are looking up. Heck he can't be any worse then Rex, he protects the ball better, as a ten year vet he has more experience.

Yeah, I guess a 68 passer rating IS better than a 25, but it still earns you a loss. :roll:

Scott Campbell
09-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Hard to stand up an beat our chests when Da BEARS are playing so poorly, but with Griese at the helm things are looking up. Heck he can't be any worse then Rex, he protects the ball better, as a ten year vet he has more experience. Our "D" is hurting however our front four are ok and need a great game to place hurry-up on Kitna. Da BEARS have a good chance of winning this one. Would be a boost if we do. I hope for no more injuries !

Greise has Grossman disease, throwing 3 picks. You guys should have got Jeff Garcia. Though your decimated D is still going to lose you a bunch of games this year.

What's your magic number for being mathematically eliminated? Wanna jump ship, and get on our bandwagon Bearman?

Iron Mike
09-30-2007, 04:18 PM

Greise has Grossman disease, throwing 3 picks. You guys should have got Jeff Garcia. Though your decimated D is still going to lose you a bunch of games this year.

What's your magic number for being mathematically eliminated? Wanna jump ship, and get on our bandwagon Bearman?

I keep imagining Jerry Tagge walking around his neighborhood in FIB-land, wearing his #4 jersey and talking smack to all the neighbors!!!! :pack:

The Shadow
09-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Once again, Bear fans are whining bitterly to Chicago sports radio hosts.
It's so hilarious to watch them turn on the team they love so much when winning, but instantly hate when losing.

VegasPackFan
09-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Its a psychological problem.

They are triumphant in the short term and suicidal in the long term.

Bunch of dumbasses really....

The evidence lies in their posting patterns - has anyone else noticed?