PDA

View Full Version : Lot's Of Great Favre Stuff

Packnut
09-27-2007, 03:32 PM
http://espn.go.com/

LL2
09-27-2007, 04:01 PM
There are lost of good Favre stuff all over the internet this week. By the way can you show some more of that babe stuff you have going on in your avatar?

]{ilr]3
09-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Vote on your picks for top QB's

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/rank?versionId=1&listId=43#topOfList

When i voted Farve was ranked #2 over all

Montana (3,061) 92,484
2 Favre (2,807) 82,598
3 Marino (864) 75,647
4 Elway (585) 71,883
5 Unitas (626) 63,481
6 Manning (492) 61,479
7 Brady (302) 49,658
8 Starr (71) 42,582
9 Young (122) 42,230
10 Bradshaw (83) 39,313
11 Aikman (83) 38,137
12 Staubach (52) 35,372

RashanGary
09-27-2007, 05:26 PM
God, that feels good to see Brady down that list. Has that guy ever made a play other than dropping straight back, having an open reciever with no pressure and then throwing the ball?

He's the Troy Aikman of this QB generation.

LL2
09-27-2007, 05:31 PM
{ilr]3]Vote on your picks for top QB's

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/rank?versionId=1&listId=43#topOfList

When i voted Favre was ranked #2 over all

Montana (3,061) 92,484
2 Favre (2,807) 82,598
3 Marino (864) 75,647
4 Elway (585) 71,883
5 Unitas (626) 63,481
6 Manning (492) 61,479
7 Brady (302) 49,658
8 Starr (71) 42,582
9 Young (122) 42,230
10 Bradshaw (83) 39,313
11 Aikman (83) 38,137
12 Staubach (52) 35,372

I voted. Every Packer rat needs to!

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 06:54 PM
1 Montana (4,236) 128,381
2 Favre (3,926) 115,044
3 Marino (1,231) 105,617
4 Elway (805) 99,922
5 Unitas (854) 88,203
6 Manning (665) 84,696
7 Brady (376) 68,053
8 Young (210) 59,497
9 Starr (105) 58,874
10 Bradshaw (106) 53,902
11 Aikman (118) 52,458
12 Staubach (67) 48,596

Partial
09-27-2007, 07:26 PM
God, that feels good to see Brady down that list. Has that guy ever made a play other than dropping straight back, having an open reciever with no pressure and then throwing the ball?

He's the Troy Aikman of this QB generation.

Dude, do you watch Tom Brady? One thing that you can say about him is that he is tough like Favre and although he isn't as good after the play breaks down, he will stand in the pocket and take a shot later than anybody. He's an absolute stud.

RashanGary
09-27-2007, 07:42 PM
He's a very good player. I've just seen better. I've watched better every Sunday for the last 15 years (with the exception of a year or two).

Aikman was a great player too. If you listen to Dallas fans, some will still tell you he belongs in the top 5 of all time. He was a tough, smart leader too. I don't think he's a legend though. I don't think Brady is either. Favre, Elway, Montana, Unitas, Starr, Bradshaw, Manning are legends. Brady is the Aikman of the last 10 years.

RashanGary
09-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Would you stop pitting against me, Partial? This whole arguement is getting old. Real old!

I know Brady is a great player, Partial. He gets mentioned from time to time in the Montana, Elway, Favre category and I don't htink he belongs. I think he's the same kind of QB as Aikman (it's really not an insult). A really good player on a really good team who won some big games.

BallHawk
09-27-2007, 08:56 PM
You can add Steve Young to the overrated pile, even though he isn't as overrated as Aikman.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 09:20 PM
You can add Steve Young to the overrated pile, even though he isn't as overrated as Aikman.

Agreed on the first part. I actually think he is MORE overrated than Aikman. For a good QB who won 3 Super Bowls, I don't think Aikman is overrated. He's mentioned with the Bradshaws and I think that's fair. Young should even be in this conversation. Where's Otto Graham?

BallHawk
09-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Bradshaw was a winner, but his stats shouldn't even qualify as top 15. 212 TD, 210 TDs with a career 70.9 passer rating. Young's passer rating was 25 points higher than Bradshaw's. There's overrated and then there's overrated.

CaliforniaCheez
09-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Check some of Brett's stats so far.

Completions- 2nd NFL(Drew Brees), 2nd NFC

Yards- 5th NFL, 2nd NFC (Kitna)

First Downs- 4th NFL, 2nd NFC(Kitna)

Touchdowns- 6th NFL, 3rd NFC

He also has the second highest total of pass plays over 40 yards.

He just isn't what he used to be, he ought to just retire.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 09:30 PM
I hate passer rating. Guys in the past (except maybe Bart Starr) didn't dink and dunk like they do nowadays. Those guys put up good numbers for back then. People have become two obsessed with passer rating. I bet a guy that throws for 12 TDs and 7 interceptions in 500 throws gets a worse passer rating than a guy that throws for 25 TDs and 15 interceptions. Give me the guy who scores. You get about 12 possessions/game. If you score TDs on 25% of your possessions, you'll have a good offense. I want the guy that can do that for me. It's hard to score in the redzone too. One TD and one pick in the redzone is better than two FGs.

BallHawk
09-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Wow, good point.

All hail the mighty Harv. :worship:

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 09:35 PM
I bet a guy that throws for 12 TDs and 7 interceptions in 500 throws gets a worse passer rating than a guy that throws for 25 TDs and 15 interceptions. Give me the guy who scores.

That should have said "better."

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 09:39 PM
I am not going down this road but all I will say is that in my opinion, Brady would have won more than one ring in GB during the last 17 years :) Keep bashing Brady, he will probably have four rings by years end.

BallHawk
09-27-2007, 09:42 PM
And it begins......

packers11
09-27-2007, 09:42 PM
I am not going down this road but all I will say is that in my opinion, Brady would have won more than one ring in GB during the last 17 years :) Keep bashing Brady, he will probably have four rings by years end.

thats such a moronic statement... I live in New England, this bozo has been handed his superbowls by managing the game... THEY ALWAYS HAD A D to bail them out...

Sure he'd lead the team down the field 20/30 yards for a FG... Ill give him that...

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 09:47 PM
All I will say is that Brady never had the number one ranked D when he won a sb and he never had a weapon like D Howard on the field either. I will no longer post on this subject because it is not worth it :lol: I am happy that Brett is playing very well and also that Brady is, very hapy for both. Actually Harry Sydney was the guyt that said that about Brady, I stole it from him on 107.5, the fan. Time to move on, we can agree to disagree

packers11
09-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Nah Id like to backup my facts...

Superbowl vs eagles : The D won

McSoup : 3 INT's

Superbowl vs Panters : Ill give it to Brady, but all he had to do was manage the game...

Delhomme had a good game, but Brady only had to go 30 yards after Kasay kicked it out of bounds on the kickoff...

Who finished that game out??? FG Vinatieri 41, 14:56

Superbowl vs Rams : OH DID THE D SHOW UP AND WIN!!!

Warner : 2 INT

Law 47 interception return (Vinatieri kick)

Who sealed the game once again??? FG Vinatieri 48, 15:00

Brady only put up 147 yards and 1 TD... PLEASE, Any quarterback could have put those numbers up...

Sure Brady is a good Quarterback but he did not lead his team to all three Superbowls... I'll give him the Carolina one, but even that, he only had to go 30 yards to close it out... The other two he road his D to the rings...

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Didn't Des Howard seal one super bowl in nEW oRLEANS ABOUT 11 YEARS AGO WITH A SECOND HALF RETURN :lol: be careful what you post. Time to move on!

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm not going to rip Brady, but you don't listen bulldog. We've gone over this. Brady deserves his credit, but you are vastly skewing the stats.

Favre had the #1 ranked defense once (and they won the Super Bowl). Other than that, he's had a good defense 2 or 3 of those years and a mediocre or worst defense the other years. Do you deny that?

Brady didn't have the #1 defense if your rankings are based on yardage allowed. Do you think that is the best barometer to gauge a defense?

2004 - New England's defense allowed the 2nd fewest points in the league, were 3rd in forced fumbles, 7th in interceptions, 3rd in sacks. That was easily a top 3 defense in the league--if not the best. Do you want to deny that?

2003 - New England's defense allowed the fewest points in the league, led the league in forced turnovers, 6th in sacks. That was easily a top 3 in the league--if not the best. Do you want to deny that?

2001 - New England's defense allowed the 6th fewest points in the league, 6th in interceptions. That team wasn't a great defense, but they snuck up on people and won some close, tight games in the playoffs. Vinatieri was gold. Brady actually struggled in that Super Bowl, didn't he?

Brady deserves his credit, but to insinuate that Brady hasn't had more help than Favre is ludicrous.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:03 PM
I am tickled pink, two of my favorite qb's are playing very well and the third puts up ugly numbers but seems to always snare a W.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Didn't Des Howard seal one super bowl in nEW oRLEANS ABOUT 11 YEARS AGO WITH A SECOND HALF RETURN :lol: be careful what you post. Time to move on!

Favre has better stats in his two Super Bowls than Brady had in his three Super Bowls. I guess it's easy when you have great personnel around you. Let's face it, Brady's had better defenses and special teams surrounding him than Favre has had most of his career. If you can't admit that, then you just show that you are biased.

Brady is a great player though. I take nothing away from him. Like Montana, he's been put in a better situation than most of the great QBs, but give him credit for playing clutch and taking advantage.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:08 PM
FAVRE had the greatest Dlinemen ever on his team which led the D to the number one ranking and he also had the ultimate special teams weapon in Des Howard who even Sean Jones said after the game that he was the teams MVP and that they don't win this game without him. I;m sure you'll say that Jones didn't know what he was talking about but if you watch the game, New England was stuffing our O and was moving the ball on O until Howard changed the game with his reurn which was the dagger which gave the team the lombardi trophy.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Harv i always get a real big kick on how you think what ever you post is the truth. the fact remains and you can say you don't like this stat but it reaalu doesn't matter what you think but Brett won his ring when he had the number one D and the ultimate deamon on ST's who won the 49ers game and the sb.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Harv i always get a real big kick on how you think what ever you post is the truth. the fact remains and you can say you don't like this stat but it reaalu doesn't matter what you think but Brett won his ring when he had the number one D and the ultimate deamon on ST's who won the 49ers game and the sb.

What's your point?

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 10:14 PM
You act like Favre was a bit piece in the Super Bowl crown. Didn't he throw for 39 TDs and 13 picks that year? Didn't he win the MVP? Didn't he score 3 TDs (2 pass, 1 rush) in the Super Bowl without a turnover?

Maybe not. That was my recollection.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Brady has had a better d during most of his career and also ST's but the Packers should have beated Denver and they would have had a greta chance to go to another if the Phily debacle didn't happen. remeber the heave in OT, that was one of his worse int of his career. the same could be said about Brady in last years game against Indy when he threw his pic. My point is this, if the best D player ever plays with a top 5 qb ever and are coached by a hofer, they should have won more than one sb. That is really what it comes down to :) v

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:16 PM
A correct recollection but Des was the person who put them over the hump in the sb and the 49ers game. I'll take the players word for it over yours, sorry.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:17 PM
My point was in response to packers 11

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Wow does my typing have me longing for typing lessons, sorry for the illegible post.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Brady won a Super Bowl when his threw for 145 yards. The other two years, he had possibly the best defense in the league backing him up. He's played on better teams. He's been fortunate. No question about that. Give him credit though. He's a clutch player. One of the best QBs of all-time.

Ron Wolf said that his biggest regret was not surrounding Brett Favre with better players. I believe him.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Both are great QBs. Whether one is #3 on the all-time greatest list and the other is #7 (or vice versa), who really cares?

packers11
09-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Favre : 3 MVPS
Manning : 2 MVPS
Brady : 0 MVPS

That should say enough on whos a better quarterback...

Sure the rings do help, but I also consider Manning better than Brady, as do most people... Manning only has 1 ring (at the moment)...

It goes far beyond rings, just look at the stats...

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:33 PM
All I can say is that from 95-98, this team was loaded! Loaded on offense and defense AND DON'T FORGET, SPECIAL TEAMS! :lol: Having a defense with the likes of Eugene Robinson and Leroy Butler at the two S's, having a young mamouth DT in Gil Brown eating blockers alongside the passrushing DT in Santana Dotson. Having two great DE's in White and Jones. Having a tough SOB in Wayne Simmons and a youthful, fast B Dub alongside a consistent Koonce. Having one of the most physical corners in the game before injury set in and a truely exceptional athlete that could cover the games best in Doug the grayhound Evans.

having one of the best TE's ever in KJ and another who was a probowler in Chewy. Having strong wr's in Rison,Brooks,Beebe and Freeman. St's were led by Hollingquest,Mikens,jervey, Thomason and HowaRd. We can all discuss who had the better team but we must all admit that the above players made that era very strong along with Brett's awesome play. That team was loaded and actually the Packers 96 D is BETTER THAN THE BEARS 85 D IN MANY AREAS. iT IS insulting for anyone to say that the team that won the trophy,played Denver , and got robbed in Frisco wasn't loaded.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Packers 11, I think manning is now the best of all-time. manning will own all the records when he is done if he wants to.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Man, I have been giving Brett some big props this year and this is how I am treated :wink:

Bretsky
09-27-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm not going to rip Brady, but you don't listen bulldog. We've gone over this. Brady deserves his credit, but you are vastly skewing the stats.

Favre had the #1 ranked defense once (and they won the Super Bowl). Other than that, he's had a good defense 2 or 3 of those years and a mediocre or worst defense the other years. Do you deny that?

Brady didn't have the #1 defense if your rankings are based on yardage allowed. Do you think that is the best barometer to gauge a defense?

2004 - New England's defense allowed the 2nd fewest points in the league, were 3rd in forced fumbles, 7th in interceptions, 3rd in sacks. That was easily a top 3 defense in the league--if not the best. Do you want to deny that?

2003 - New England's defense allowed the fewest points in the league, led the league in forced turnovers, 6th in sacks. That was easily a top 3 in the league--if not the best. Do you want to deny that?

2001 - New England's defense allowed the 6th fewest points in the league, 6th in interceptions. That team wasn't a great defense, but they snuck up on people and won some close, tight games in the playoffs. Vinatieri was gold. Brady actually struggled in that Super Bowl, didn't he?

Brady deserves his credit, but to insinuate that Brady hasn't had more help than Favre is ludicrous.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:45 PM
:roll:

Bretsky
09-27-2007, 10:46 PM

Favre has better stats in his two Super Bowls than Brady had in his three Super Bowls. I guess it's easy when you have great personnel around you. Let's face it, Brady's had better defenses and special teams surrounding him than Favre has had most of his career. If you can't admit that, then you just show that you are biased.

Brady is a great player though. I take nothing away from him. Like Montana, he's been put in a better situation than most of the great QBs, but give him credit for playing clutch and taking advantage.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bretsky
09-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Brady has had a better d during most of his career and also ST's but the Packers should have beated Denver and they would have had a greta chance to go to another if the Phily debacle didn't happen. remeber the heave in OT, that was one of his worse int of his career. the same could be said about Brady in last years game against Indy when he threw his pic. My point is this, if the best D player ever plays with a top 5 qb ever and are coached by a hofer, they should have won more than one sb. That is really what it comes down to :) v

Yes, it's Favre's fault they did not win the Super Bowl. He played DL and LB all day long :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bretsky
09-27-2007, 10:49 PM
A correct recollection but Des was the person who put them over the hump in the sb and the 49ers game. I'll take the players word for it over yours, sorry.

This is just pure crap; I don't care if you constantly quote one player in Sean Jones as your fact. GB offense moved the ball on NE; the defense picked spots to shut them down.

You keep pounding your little Howard point any way that suits your need :roll:

Bretsky
09-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Brady won a Super Bowl when his threw for 145 yards. The other two years, he had possibly the best defense in the league backing him up. He's played on better teams. He's been fortunate. No question about that. Give him credit though. He's a clutch player. One of the best QBs of all-time.

Ron Wolf said that his biggest regret was not surrounding Brett Favre with better players. I believe him.

I'd take Ron Wolf's word over Bulldogs :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I can't help it. I can't believe I missed all of this

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Actuall Gil Brown also staed that point :roll:

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Brett didn't play Lb and DL but he did throw the ball to Chewey in which mAX AND jIM STATED, 'where was he throwing that ball" :roll:

Bretsky
09-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Actuall Gil Brown also staed that point :roll:

And maybe a few others did too; and maybe they were saying it in the emotions of the game. And maybe the following day when interviewed by reporters they said something else and hailed the NFL MVP. Whatever; state it as fact if you want to support your needs

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:53 PM
B, your too late to get in on this, sorry. Time to move on again for a while.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Actually it is in a book he wrote if I remeber correctly :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 10:55 PM
All I can say is that from 95-98, this team was loaded!

Not really. In '95, we were a young team with an average OL, average RBs, and Robert Brooks. That was pretty much a one-man offense. Favre made those offenses. By the end of the '97 season, our defense had gotten old. Remember how worn down they were towards the end of that year? Our personnel really fell off after that. By 1998, we weren't much better than average. We fought gallantly in the Wild Card. Brett put the team up late, but the refs missed the Rice fumble. Wouldn't have mattered, we didn't have the team to compete with the likes of Minnesota and Atlanta that year.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Facts do support certain points of views, right?

Bretsky
09-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Brett didn't play Lb and DL but he did throw the ball to Chewey in which mAX AND jIM STATED, 'where was he throwing that ball" :roll:

AH, so here comes to truth. It's BF's fault we lost the Super Bowl because he made a bad throw to chewy :roll: NICE

Was it also Brett Favre's fault that two throws before that throw the Antonio Freeman dropped a would be TD pass after his defender fell down ??? Or does your selective memory black that out ? Would you be glorifying him if GB won that Super Bowl ? I'd doubt it. You'd focus on the St Louis game and the one Phily throw.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Facts do support certain points of views, right?

The truth, my man. We can agree that Ohio State kicks ass though.
:D

Bretsky
09-27-2007, 10:57 PM
B, your too late to get in on this, sorry. Time to move on again for a while.

NO WAY; just got home; I want in.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Actually Mike Holmgren stated numerous times that the whole team thought they were the best team in the NFC during the playoffs during their last real run. I 'll take his word for that.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Actually Mike Holmgren stated numerous times that the whole team thought they were the best team in the NFC during the playoffs during their last real run. I 'll take his word for that.

What team doesn't think that. If you asked the Packers player right now, I'd bet most of them think they are the best team in the NFC.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:58 PM
O st only kicks UM ass :oops:

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Holgren still thinks that to this day. It was written in Havel/Browns book that was released one year ago.

MJZiggy
09-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Not to radically change the subject or anything, but Jessica's Law went into effect here this week. I thought of you.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 11:02 PM
O St is the class of the conference, I've stated that at nauseum and I am sick and tired of it.

Bretsky
Not to radically change the subject or anything, but Jessica's Law went into effect here this week. I thought of you.

This is a sparring thread; you have to put on your gloves to be in here :lol:

b bulldog
Where do you live and what is your opinion on it?

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Holgren still thinks that to this day. It was written in Havel/Browns book that was released one year ago.

In '98? Delustions of Grandeur. I think I trust Wolf more when he says he should have done more to surround Brett with a better team. After '97, the personnel fell off in a big way.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Seriously, child molesters are huge periahs in today's society and we have turned our backs on our children. I'm a failing Christain but the one question I would like answered is why can't children pick their own parents and why do children constantly love and forgive their abusing parents? Why do people get more upset when some dogs are hung or electicuted but a child rapist can rpe a 8 year old girl, bury her alive and basicly get a slap on the wrist?

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 11:08 PM
I disagree. I felt the same as Holmy and they would have beatedn Minny if given the chaqnce but they didn't get there so we will never know.

Bretsky
09-27-2007, 11:09 PM
I disagree. I felt the same as Holmy and they would have beatedn Minny if given the chaqnce but they didn't get there so we will never know.

I doubt they beat MN in the Helldome that year.

MJZiggy
09-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Where do you live and what is your opinion on it?

I'm in Maryland and I think it's a good law and hope it gets enforced properly.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Ziggy got me thinking about how insignificant this all is. You take your Favre and I'll stick with brady, nuff said.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Agree, you can have all the laws on the books but if they are not enforced, what good are they?? see immigration laws :(

MJZiggy
09-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Seriously, child molesters are huge periahs in today's society and we have turned our backs on our children. I'm a failing Christain but the one question I would like answered is why can't children pick their own parents and why do children constantly love and forgive their abusing parents? Why do people get more upset when some dogs are hung or electicuted but a child rapist can rpe a 8 year old girl, bury her alive and basicly get a slap on the wrist?

He should have been sentenced to a couple hours with her father. I'm all for thinking animal abusers should be sent up the river, but this trash should just be shot.

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Am I a racist for wanting illegal aliens to be prosecuted? I will open my arms to immigrants who became citizens but to the rest, go home and let your own country of origin take care of you. mexico's biggest export is poverty!

Bretsky
09-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Ziggy got me thinking about how insignificant this all is. You take your Favre and I'll stick with brady, nuff said.

Crap, this thread is ruined now. I'll take Favre in his crime too.

Have fun with the RR stuff. Let me know if it ends up in football again.

:jack: :jack:

Cheers,
B

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 11:17 PM
I have two boys and one daughter. I couldn't imagine what I'd do if I found out somebody raped one of my children and the judge basicly let him off?

b bulldog
09-27-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm done, I have five boys coming over for a sleepover tomorrow night. I'd better get some sleep.

MJZiggy
09-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Didn't you just say you wanted people put away for that sort of thing? :shock:

:lol: (kidding)

Partial
09-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Bulldog is full of it. Brady has always had ridiculous teams. They hit on a slew of draft picks and got very, very lucky.