PDA

View Full Version : Woot / Slickdeals.net

Partial
09-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Woot has a nice Dyson Vacuum for 290. That's a steal compared to retail. Thought I would share as some people here might be interested and it is one of the best deals i've seen on there yet.

Freak Out
10-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Why am I just hearing about this place? Have you bought anything from Woot Partial?

retailguy
10-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Why am I just hearing about this place? Have you bought anything from Woot Partial?

I bought the vacuum on Friday when he posted it. It arrived today. In perfect shape and seems to work fine. I paid 295 including shipping. Target sells the same model for $499., and the lower end model was $379 at Walmart. (And, yes, I'm that anal that I did check)

i only got a 6 month warranty, but hey, if it works for 6 months, it OUGHT to be ok, I'd think.

I'm happy, and so is my wife. Who'd of thunk it? She is absolutely DELIGHTED that it was MY idea and she didn't have to suggest it...

I swear, I will NEVER understand women. NEVER. :P

falco
10-03-2007, 08:35 PM

I bought the vacuum on Friday when he posted it. It arrived today. In perfect shape and seems to work fine. I paid 295 including shipping. Target sells the same model for $499., and the lower end model was $379 at Walmart. (And, yes, I'm that anal that I did check)

i only got a 6 month warranty, but hey, if it works for 6 months, it OUGHT to be ok, I'd think.

I'm happy, and so is my wife. Who'd of thunk it? She is absolutely DELIGHTED that it was MY idea and she didn't have to suggest it...

hey ted thompson and retailguy have something in common. they both like to clean house! :shock:

HarveyWallbangers
10-03-2007, 08:38 PM
And bargain shop.
:D

Partial
10-03-2007, 09:25 PM

I haven't but a friend of mine does often. I will when I have a house paid off and some spare money as most of it is pricey.

I go to steepandcheap.com a lot and buy camping outdorsy stuff there. There are some really good deals. They do multiple items per day unlike Woot (unless its a woot-off).

The Dysons are sweet. If you have a pet, get one.

RG, glad you quietly got in on this. Your family will love it. I got Anna one as a birthday gift last year since she is very allergic to animals and her roomate had a cat. She didn't have any problems at all.

Partial
10-03-2007, 09:36 PM

What is sad is my buddy can get them for 199 from Linens and Things are a manager. They must be making a killing on them.

Woot has compettive prices w/ new egg and the cheapest prices you'll find online. It is the $5 shipping that is so awesome. Plus, in the 5 dollar random bags of crap once, they gave away plasma screens.

That's right, people got a 50" plasma for 10 bucks total. 5 for the "bag of crap", 5 for shipping.

Partial
10-09-2007, 12:20 AM
It's two for Tuesday today on Woot and it seems like a pretty cool buy. I am a nerd granted, but these look fun. Someday, someday.

Freak Out
10-09-2007, 11:24 AM
It's two for Tuesday today on Woot and it seems like a pretty cool buy. I am a nerd granted, but these look fun. Someday, someday.

Sold out.

Charles Woodson
10-09-2007, 01:49 PM
http://slickdeals.net/

this site has daily good deals..

Partial
10-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Frys is offering this ridiculous deal today:

Frys has an Xbox 360 Premium bundle for $400. Shipping starts at $8 and depends on your location. Thanks halomaster

Included in the bundle:

* Xbox 360 Premium Console w/ HDMI output
* Half-Life 2 Orange Box
Lowest on PriceGrabber is $55
* Bioshock
Lowest on PriceGrabber is $59
* Two Worlds
Lowest on PriceGrabber is $58
* Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Lowest on PriceGrabber is $29
* Forza 2 Motorsports
Lowest on PriceGrabber is $55

If I wasn't trying to save money and be a responsible adult i would throw this on the CC right now. I got the year of interest free financing but I really have no need for this.

Partial
10-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Woot has a woot-off today. Every time an item sells out, they put up a new item. They have some unbelievably good deals today.

I bought the microsoft MP3 player last week for 99 bucks. That was an amazing deal. Works like a charm. Better than my old, broken iPod ever did.

Freak Out
10-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Woot has a woot-off today. Every time an item sells out, they put up a new item. They have some unbelievably good deals today.

I bought the microsoft MP3 player last week for 99 bucks. That was an amazing deal. Works like a charm. Better than my old, broken iPod ever did.

Once upon a time, wootie-pies, there was a handsome young man who came upon an iRobot Roomba Discovery SE 4220. The iRobot Roomba Discovery SE 4220 could sense and find dirt, provide up to 120 minutes of cleaning power, recharge in three hours and was smarter than any regular vacuum, yet was lying there, unable to move. The young man looked down, and saw that the iRobot Roomba Discovery SE 4220 was caught on a piece of a pizza box that was smeared with peanut butter and cat hair. The young man clicked his tongue with pity and helped the poor Roomba free. It did not say thank you or look back, it merely rolled on, cleaning the forest and heading toward the recharge station it called home. The young man went along his own path as well.

Years went by, and the young man was now old, and had also somehow been captured by bandits! The bandits threw the old young man into a pit full of sharp sticks and poorly stuffed bean bags. They yelled from above and threw inexpensive cheese at his face, as bandits often do. From deep in the dark corner of the pit, the old young man heard a rumbling of stair-sensing technology coming to lif, and he trembled as it began moving through the Virtual Walls that kept it in check, growing closer and closer to him…

It was the iRobot Roomba Discovery SE 4220 he had rescued all those years ago! Surely, he thought to himself, surely it will repay my kindness today! But no, my friends, the iRobot Roomba Discovery SE 4220 simply rolled over him without remorse, pity, or any spark of good intentions whatsoever, as though he were just another dust bunny. And that brings us to our moral, wootie-pies. For now you understand why all of nature abhors a vacuum.

I just bought one....my whole house (upstairs at least) is hardwood so I always wanted one of these. Sweet!

Partial
10-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Item switched over. You must have gotten it just in time.

Partial
10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
http://www.woot.com/Forums/

That is a list of all the items sold out so far in the woot off. There are 10 hours left, so make good use of it and make sure you check it out. You just might find something awesome.

MJZiggy
10-25-2007, 01:59 PM

Once upon a time, wootie-pies, there was a handsome young man who came upon an iRobot Roomba Discovery SE 4220. The iRobot Roomba Discovery SE 4220 could sense and find dirt, provide up to 120 minutes of cleaning power, recharge in three hours and was smarter than any regular vacuum, yet was lying there, unable to move. The young man looked down, and saw that the iRobot Roomba Discovery SE 4220 was caught on a piece of a pizza box that was smeared with peanut butter and cat hair. The young man clicked his tongue with pity and helped the poor Roomba free. It did not say thank you or look back, it merely rolled on, cleaning the forest and heading toward the recharge station it called home. The young man went along his own path as well.

Years went by, and the young man was now old, and had also somehow been captured by bandits! The bandits threw the old young man into a pit full of sharp sticks and poorly stuffed bean bags. They yelled from above and threw inexpensive cheese at his face, as bandits often do. From deep in the dark corner of the pit, the old young man heard a rumbling of stair-sensing technology coming to lif, and he trembled as it began moving through the Virtual Walls that kept it in check, growing closer and closer to him…

It was the iRobot Roomba Discovery SE 4220 he had rescued all those years ago! Surely, he thought to himself, surely it will repay my kindness today! But no, my friends, the iRobot Roomba Discovery SE 4220 simply rolled over him without remorse, pity, or any spark of good intentions whatsoever, as though he were just another dust bunny. And that brings us to our moral, wootie-pies. For now you understand why all of nature abhors a vacuum.

I just bought one....my whole house (upstairs at least) is hardwood so I always wanted one of these. Sweet!

May it suck better than my old hand-me-down Roomba (that was given to me right after I bought a new vacuum). I have more fur 'round here than the little guy can deal with, but it does pick up the dust, etc.

Partial
10-25-2007, 02:02 PM
From what I hear if you have Animals the Roomba doesn't work very well. A better option would be RG's Dyson. They work great for pet hair.

MJZiggy
10-25-2007, 03:10 PM
I'd have loved a Dyson but you started this thread right AFTER I bought my new vacuum. Actually, I can't complain, though. The thing picks up great, has a rotating head so I can vacuum under the couch without moving it, and is light enough to carry up and down stairs.

Freak Out
10-25-2007, 04:38 PM
After my last dog (Buford :hrt: ) made the trip to the happy hunting grounds I have not had a pet so the Roomba was a good option for my home. Only dust bunnies.

Jimx29
10-25-2007, 04:45 PM
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/

Partial
10-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Damnit. I missed the 1 dollar bag of crap. To end the wootoff, they do a "random bag of crap". Last time, it contained plasma TVs. That's right. 1000 people got a 6 dollar plasma tv.

Partial
11-15-2007, 01:53 AM
woot-off

Freak Out
11-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Woot is cool if you live in the lower 48. If you live in Alaska or Hawaii you have to have them ship it somewhere else. I have family in Portland Oregon and I travel a bunch so I pick my stuff at my sisters house but it is still a pain.

BTW....the Roomba I bought went berserk and had to be returned...luckily the company is going to send me another. Well.....Luckily?

the_idle_threat
11-23-2007, 06:26 PM
I wooted today.

MJZiggy
11-23-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm jealous...can I borrow it?

Freak Out
11-23-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm jealous...can I borrow it?

If it goes nuts again you can have it.

MJZiggy
11-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the offer. You can drop it off when you come for beer (if it goes nuts again and if you get out this way)...Actually I was referring to Idle's floor washing version, though.

the_idle_threat
11-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I can probably spare one. I bought three. :oops:

Gonna give one to my parents as something fun to play around with. And as for me, I need one because somebody has to wash the floors around here ... :lol: Sure as hell hasn't been me. :!:

Freak Out
11-26-2007, 07:46 PM

Gonna give one to my parents as something fun to play around with. And as for me, I need one because somebody has to wash the floors around here ... :lol: Sure as hell hasn't been me. :!:

You bought three of the Scooba robots? Do you allow the Yak herd into the house at night or something?

the_idle_threat
11-26-2007, 08:10 PM

You bought three of the Scooba robots? Do you allow the Yak herd into the house at night or something?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am the Yak herd.

No, I bought three because
1) I thought I might give at least one of them away,
2) I read a little about them prior to completing the purchase, and I guess they tend to be only marginally reliable. It won't hurt to have another as a backup or for parts,
and mainly 3) at the time of purchase, I got caught up in the consumerism of it all and had to maximize the value of what seemed like such a GREAT DEAL! :oops: :lol:
In hindsight, one would have been plenty.
I still plan on giving one to my parents, though. I think they'll get a kick out of it.

Partial
12-07-2007, 12:10 AM
woot-off!!!! :D

Partial
12-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Dyson vac and accessories on woot today. Solid item.

RashanGary
12-14-2007, 10:54 AM
How much is it normally?

MJZiggy
12-14-2007, 11:16 AM
About $500.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Model was refurbed.

Can still be picked up for 390 or so.

A nice 140 buck savings.

I missed it. :cry:

packinpatland
12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
What does 'factory re-manufactured' mean exactly?

Partial
12-14-2007, 04:28 PM
That its rebuilt and good as new leaving the factory. 9/10 it is just a mismade part in the assembly line.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-14-2007, 07:43 PM
What does 'factory re-manufactured' mean exactly?

I've bought a ton of re-manu or refurbished. Means something wasn't right. They took it back and fixed it.

As long as it has a warranty it is all good.

Freak Out
12-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Nice Sony Lapper today.

Partial
12-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Nice Sony Lapper today.

Overpriced, though. I thought about pouncing but it will depreciate like nobody's business.

The Leaper
12-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Overpriced, though. I thought about pouncing but it will depreciate like nobody's business.

So does every computer. If that scares you, then what are you using to access this forum?

I thought the price on the VAIO was pretty good for everything that came with it. I just don't need a computer at the moment.

Partial
12-28-2007, 11:19 AM
When looking at the 300 dollar TV tuner, I guess it was a deal that I should have jumped on. That thing goes for 300 alone in addition to the computer going for 1500 on eBay. At the very least it could have been a quick 500 dollars.

Freak Out
12-28-2007, 11:23 AM
That same computer without the tuner was $300 more everywhere else.

Partial
01-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Dyson up again for 225 shipped.

MadtownPacker
01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Is it that badass DC model?

Partial
01-29-2008, 06:48 AM
CircuitCity has the Sony VAIO VGN-FZ210C/E 15.4" Widescreen Laptop Computer for $600. Thanks sammyccc, pokrpimp & dealnodeal.

You may also purchase these additional items for free after rebate:

* Lexmark X2580 All-in-One Printer/ Copier/ Scanner - $80 rebate
* Verge Professional Laptop Case - $40 rebate
* D-Link WBR-1310 Wireless-G Router - $35 rebate - $25 rebate
* Webroot Spy Sweeper with Antivirus (PC) - $50 rebate

Specs:
1.6GHz Core 2 Duo T5250
15.4 X-brite screen 1280 x 800
1GB Ram
160 Gig Hard drive
Intel Onboard Graphics
Built-in wireless 802.11abgn
Built in Webcam
5.8 lbs.
Vista home Premium
Built in Bluetooth
Svideo out
Media card readers SD and Mem Stick pro

Discussion with potentially extra money off via coupon codes and whatnot can be here. Not an especially amazing deal for the specs, but Sony's are always more expensive and the build quality is solid. Lots of freebies as well.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=730794

Partial
02-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Smells like a woot-off tonight.

Zool
02-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Bah. This same system can be had just about anywhere, but without the Sony name.

I'm looking for something in this range without the onboard Intel vid card. For some reason, every laptop with an ATI or nVidia card goes up $300+ even though the cards retail for $150. I guess its $150+ to integrate it onto a laptop MB.

Partial
02-12-2008, 08:42 AM
I was wrong about the woot-off. It is probably coming tonight or tomorrow, though. The woot email made reference to them being busy "writing descriptions for many, many items" or something to that effect.

I <3 woot-offs. If you guys want, you can sign up to get text messages sent to your phone with the current item from woot-alerts. Once I figure out my phone email address I will do this.

the_idle_threat
02-15-2008, 03:15 AM
Woot-off in progress.

Deputy Nutz
02-15-2008, 10:34 AM
The DVD Player is sold out, isn't something else supposed to pop up?

Deputy Nutz
02-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Presure washer. hmm....

MJZiggy
02-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Now it's tax software. On a USB drive.

Partial
02-15-2008, 11:05 AM
You can view every item they have had by clicking community on the top.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-15-2008, 12:39 PM
I wooted the mp3 player. 49 bucks is a good price.

Freak Out
02-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Fuck! I went to buy a laptop and when I logged in it came up as a keyboard? WTF?

Partial
02-15-2008, 01:19 PM
too slow

Harlan Huckleby
02-15-2008, 01:55 PM
too slow

he needs that Safari browser so he doesn't miss out on these deals in the future.

SkinBasket
02-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Nice collection of crap. Crap you would never otherwise buy unless you were feeling the rush of the auction like environment. Maybe Madtown should start running something like this, auctioning off random stuff for the PR Game weekend, like hotel rooms, Packers shit, and dates with eligible PR posters. I bid 5 dollars for Tarlam.

SkinBasket
02-15-2008, 04:26 PM
This is the only good thing I've seen there today, and I didn't even have to pay for it.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r144/boomboom2626/49337085.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
02-15-2008, 04:50 PM
somebody buy the MTX system...it is killing the wootoff.

Skin...there has been some good stuff...mp3 players, roomba, dyson, etc.

Freak Out
02-15-2008, 05:14 PM
This is the only good thing I've seen there today, and I didn't even have to pay for it.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r144/boomboom2626/49337085.jpg

I never heard about the PackerRats posters dance you guys had after the bears game.

Freak Out
02-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Nothing like a pepto colored refurbished 2 gig MP3 player to get the masses fired up.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Nothing like a pepto colored refurbished 2 gig MP3 player to get the masses fired up.

I missed that one..waahhhh. :cry:

Scott Campbell
02-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Just saw Skin's new av...... and pissed myself....

Partial
04-20-2008, 11:18 PM
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=801052

Awesome deal. I'm in for two on the 3.50 hand towels and 3 dollar wash clothes. I needed plates, silverware, and towels, etc for my new apartment, so that is a deal and a half.

Partial
11-18-2008, 10:14 PM
I was planning on getting two 24" monitors on Black Friday and selling my current 22".

However, I'm not a graphics guy so I don't need anything beyond a basic TN panel for my LCD, so I jumped on this deal and got a 22" monitor for 135 total shipped.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1022885

I find that I am 1000000x as efficient in my programming with a second monitor like I have at work. I have two 24" dell ultra sharps there, and you can get those on eBay with Windows Cash Back for 375 a piece shipped, but that is still am almost 800 dollar investment to replicate my work environment compared to what will be a 330 dollar investment for two 22" consumer-level monitors. Seems like a much better deal to me!!

Partial
11-19-2008, 07:34 AM
woot-off in progress

SkinBasket
11-19-2008, 09:11 AM
I can't tell you how much money I've spent as a result of slickdeals. I can imagine that shit would be worse than crack for shopping addicts.

Partial
11-19-2008, 09:35 AM
I can't tell you how much money I've spent as a result of slickdeals. I can imagine that shit would be worse than crack for shopping addicts.

Yeah, same here. Luckily ( or not luckily, depends on perspective) I don't have very much money to spend there, so it stays under reasonable control.

I've bought:
a Zune from Woot
a fan from Woot
a tshirt from woot
many articles of clothing from SD
47" lcd for my roomate off of SD
26" lcd for roomate off of SD
processor, ram, hd, case and graphics card off of SD
plates, silverware and towels off of SD
22" lcd off of SD

and I'm sure many more items. It really is like crack.

arcilite
11-19-2008, 10:32 AM
i hate woot.

i swear whenever I go there they have one of those roombas for sale

MJZiggy
11-19-2008, 07:16 PM
for me it's Dyson.

Partial
12-10-2008, 01:04 PM
woot-off the red nosed reindeer..

MateoInMex
12-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Do the have Aviation GPS's on this site?

Partial
03-01-2009, 01:47 PM
I just bought twelve 22" LCD monitors at 65 dollars a piece shipped. Time to make some money!

digitaldean
03-01-2009, 06:20 PM
I just bought twelve 22" LCD monitors at 65 dollars a piece shipped. Time to make some money!

Just saw the deal on the Acer's. SUHWEEET!!!

Bought a couple of Pantone Huey monitor calibration devices at 1/3 of the price on woot.com last week. Should be here Monday.

Partial
03-01-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm not a dink and am not going to sell them for like 150. I'm going to sell them for about 95 a piece, way below where you can get them in a store or online.

I cannot in good faith rip people off.

GrnBay007
03-01-2009, 08:45 PM

OK then, I'll take one for $65.50 :D

retailguy
03-01-2009, 08:47 PM

OK then, I'll take one for $65.50 :D

Put me down for two. :P

Bretsky
03-01-2009, 09:11 PM
And bargain shop.
:D

RG can close a deal in a day

Freak Out
03-02-2009, 12:56 PM

I saw on facebook that you were going apeshit buying monitors....what are they again? Acers?

Partial
03-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Acers. Best Buy cancelled my order :(. I bet they totally oversold those as Slickdeals went nuts.

MJZiggy
03-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Perhaps they intended them for personal use and not resale? Maybe you ordered just a FEW to many to fly under their radar...

Partial
03-02-2009, 06:23 PM
I hate that kind of BS. Who is BB to say what I can and cannot buy? They're offering a product, and I jumped on it. What if this was for a business to provide new employees monitors. Dumb dumb dumb.

MJZiggy
03-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Did you order it under your company name? If it were for employees, you would have. If you were trying to make a fast buck, you'd have ordered a dozen to be sent to your house. I think they have every right to decide whether they want to do business with you.