PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER Dr Z Stupid Comment

Packnut
09-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Let me preface this by saying, I sent him an e-mail last week pretty much questioning his manhood. Obviously, he was'nt going to print my e-mail, but his reply to the Favre bashing is just stupid.

He rips Favre cause the majority worship him? I thought this was about football? It's not a case of ignoring the picks and mistakes but rather it's having an understanding of the game and the position itself.

The ONLY thing that seperates a stupid throw from a great throw is the success of it. If it's a pick then "why did he throw that"? If it's complete it's "Oh man, only Brett could make that throw".

I chuckle at all this MM has Favre under control crap. #04 is still throwing into that tight window, may-be not as much but being in the game makes a HUGE difference. He's not throwing from behind trying to make something happen. He's going short cause our guys are getting some good YAC.

Here is a paragraph from Z's latest musings:

I want to be fair about this. I've been repeatedly accused of being anti-Favre, and I think the reason for my grumpiness is the announcers and fans have fallen so much in love with him during his career that they've been blind to his failings, such as the careless interceptions. How many times have I heard, "Well, at least he's having fun out there," as the offense trudges off the field, following still another pick?

MadtownPacker
09-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Dr Zero has always talked down on Favre. Whats news about that? At least he is consistent unlike these other guys who buried him last season.

Packnut
09-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Dr Zero has always talked down on Favre. Whats news about that? At least he is consistent unlike these other guys who buried him last season.

I think what's different now is his reason. He's basically saying he hates Farve because so many like him. Dumbest reason I have EVER heard for judging a football player. :roll:

mraynrand
09-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Who has been blind to Favre's failings. We hear ad nauseum how he will always make the risky throw and we hear more often than not that this is waht costs the Packers games. incredibly more people blamed Favre for losses in 2005 than they blamed a depleted roster. It was absurd. So Dr. Z is talking out his ass. Sure, people love him, but that's because he's a good guy and plays a hell of a great game. He's FUN TO WATCH - even for Randy Moss "I gotta see this, this is FAVRE!"

BTW,

I thought Dr. Z was working for Dodge - or did that go sour after Daimler dropped Chrysler - maybe that's why he's bitter.

PlantPage55
09-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Further evidence of the anti-Packer bias?

Howie Schwab was doing his Couch Potato TV picks of the weekend - NO MENTION of the Packers-Vikings rivalry game.

Instead, the noon game he picks to watch is, surprise, the Cowboys vs. the Rams. Wow. Why all the love for the Boys? This game is going to be 3 hours of the Cowboys shitting all over the Rams.

The Pack game should be MUCH more heated and interesting. Oh, but Romo and TO aren't in it - so no ESPN attention I guess.

mraynrand
09-28-2007, 12:28 PM
This game is going to be 3 hours of the Cowboys shitting all over the Rams.

LOL. Good thing Charmin is the sponsor.

Just you wait until the 1 billion dollar Cowboy Dome opens. At the risk of being crude, you'll have to keep your distance from all the commentators getting stiff over that.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/2/2e/CowboysNS-Day.png

ONE BILLION DOLLARS!

http://eatourbrains.com/EoB/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/evil-doctor.jpg

PlantPage55
09-28-2007, 01:20 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Carolina_Packer
09-28-2007, 02:12 PM
http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/

Looks like a very cool new stadium, ala University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, only, I like this facility's design better. You gotta give Jerry Jones his due for going first class.