PDA

View Full Version : Morency Ready

packers11
09-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Morency ready

Halfback Vernand Morency appears recovered enough from his patellar-tendon injury to make to make his first appearance of the season Sunday at Minnesota.

Also, rookie halfback Brandon Jackson might not be able to play because of a shin sprain.

Morency took part in practice Friday, and coach Mike McCarthy listed him as "probable" for Sunday's game, which means there's a "virtual certainty" Morency will be available for his normal duty.

Morency sustained the injury the first day of training camp and has been practicing on a limited basis since the regular season began.

Jackson did not practice Friday and is listed as "questionable" (50 percent chance of playing).

-- Pete Dougherty
pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

Him8123
09-28-2007, 02:34 PM
thats really good news, too bad is against a very run defense team. but his knowledge and veteranship will help nonetheless

Rastak
09-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Morency ready

Halfback Vernand Morency appears recovered enough from his patellar-tendon injury to make to make his first appearance of the season Sunday at Minnesota.

Also, rookie halfback Brandon Jackson might not be able to play because of a shin sprain.
Morency took part in practice Friday, and coach Mike McCarthy listed him as "probable" for Sunday's game, which means there's a "virtual certainty" Morency will be available for his normal duty.

Morency sustained the injury the first day of training camp and has been practicing on a limited basis since the regular season began.

Jackson did not practice Friday and is listed as "questionable" (50 percent chance of playing).

-- Pete Dougherty

pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

What the heck is a shin sprain? Shin muscles?

Lurker64
09-28-2007, 03:11 PM

I think "Shin Sprain" is another word for "shin splints."

Zool
09-28-2007, 03:13 PM

I think "Shin Sprain" is another word for "shin splints."

But it said he suffered the injury in the SD game. Shin splints are an over time problem.

KYPack
09-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Bout time.

Evidently, Vernand Morency is one slow healer.

I'm not real familiar with his injury, but evidently they take a lotta time.

He can help, but I've never been that overwhelmed with the guy.

He can be a huge addition if he can play. I worry about the young guys in blitz pick-up.

3irty1
09-28-2007, 04:41 PM
I've always been a really big fan of the Morency pickup. I think he can be a real weapon if he is used correctly. He's a tremendous athlete and seems very versitile. He's fast he can run and he can catch.

Plus he was a center fielder in the Rockies system so you know he's got a good arm :)

Maxie the Taxi
09-28-2007, 05:06 PM
He's gonna be rusty. Let's hope Morency hangs onto the ball. I say let him sit another week and play Grant.

RashanGary
09-28-2007, 05:09 PM
I wonder if he has patellar tendonitis. If you listen to his audio bit at Packers.com, Morency sounds unsure. He seems like he might still be hurting. McCarthy says he's probable though. Maybe the staff feels he just has to try to battle through it and if it works out, great. If it keeps getting worse then he'll have to go the route of Hodge.

Maxie the Taxi
09-28-2007, 05:10 PM
I wonder if he has patellar tendonitis. If you listen to his audio bit at Packers.com, Morency sounds unsure. He seems like he might still be hurting. McCarthy says he's probable though. Maybe the staff feels he just has to try to battle through it and if it works out, great. If it keeps getting worse then he'll have to go the route of Hodge.

Maybe Morency's status is just misdirection aimed at the Vikes.

4and12to12and4
09-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Morency is very underrated in this forum. He, by far, excluding Green, has the ability to cutback and find the outside lanes. He rarely runs up the middle and muddles there when nowhere to go, and he has breakaway speed, also very strong, hard to bring down. Good timing here, with Brandon injured. He will struggle up the middle in Detroit, but can do some great things with some innovative playcalling, and screen, screen, screen. This will keep these big tackles on their heals. He should have a big game in receiving yards, very good at finding the open spot. I'm excited to have him back, I hope he is 100%.

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Maybe Morency's status is just misdirection aimed at the Vikes.

I don't see the Vikes losing sleep over the likes of Morency, Jackson & Grant. They won't need to do much game planning. Their attitude is probably "the more the merrier." :D

Morency will take at least 3 weeks to get into playing form. I imagine they will give him less than 5 carries.

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Morency is very underrated in this forum. He, by far, excluding Green, has the ability to cutback and find the outside lanes .

I agree.

I go back to my old mantra, though: they have 4 backs and it is not clear who is best. It will take another 4 or 5 games to sort things out, I won't be surprised if any of them emerge.

gbgary
09-28-2007, 07:01 PM
i'd rest him one more week. we don't need him against the vikes. i'd save him for the bears.

CaliforniaCheez
09-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Grant is due to have a break out game.
He may due much more than what people expect.

Merlin
09-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Bout time.

Evidently, Vernand Morency is one slow healer.

I'm not real familiar with his injury, but evidently they take a lotta time.

He can help, but I've never been that overwhelmed with the guy.

He can be a huge addition if he can play. I worry about the young guys in blitz pick-up.

Not so sure about the slow healer thing. Anything to do with the patelar tendon is a serious injury. Seemingly a lot more serious then Herron's but he was placed on IR. I am willing to bet it's the last we see of Herron and I am also willing to bet that Morency doesn't last the season once he suits up. That kind of injury effects your whole friggin knee and is nothing to play with.