PDA

View Full Version : Which receiver would you pick?

Brando19
09-29-2007, 02:33 PM
The Packers have one veteran receiver, Donald Driver. Greg Jennings and James Jones are going to be very good in the years to come, but if the Packers could get one wide receiver in the league to help Donald Driver out...who would you guys choose? If you choose other...please tell who you chose.

Brando19
09-29-2007, 02:37 PM
I would choose Randy Moss. I understand he has his problems, but he's showing what he can do with a good QB right now in New England. He has MVP potential this year.

Him8123
09-29-2007, 03:03 PM
I would say it would be a toss up between Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, or Marvin Harrison. Plaxico is too undependable and a cry baby, Calvin Johnson is unproven, Hines Ward is nice but I`d prefer a taller reciever even though Steve smith is one of my candidates. Terrell Owens is good but has had alligator arms lately and if things don`t go his way we all know what he can do. Randy Moss looks good now, but he still can be a quiter and too become a problem if things don`t go his way. And definitely not a role model player you want in the locker room around our young team. So after that narrowing that down, Harrison is getting older probably wouldn`t have him for as long as Chad Johnson or Steve Smith. Those would probably be my finalists with the final nod going to Mr. Ocho Cinco, tall somewhat fast but very smart reciever whose gonna get it done week in and out.

Carolina_Packer
09-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Calvin Johnson all the way. He may not be established yet, but I think he is the real deal. I'd prefer to have a younger guy who has a lot of upside, rather than a stop gap guy.

RashanGary
09-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I voted "other" for Roy Williams.

He's big, fast, young enough to play for a while, proven. . . He has it all. Most of the other guys are on the downside of their careers.

OS PA
09-29-2007, 03:08 PM
I would say it would be a toss up between Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, or Marvin Harrison. Plaxico is too undependable and a cry baby, Calvin Johnson is unproven, Hines Ward is nice but I`d prefer a taller reciever even though Steve smith is one of my candidates. Terrell Owens is good but has had alligator arms lately and if things don`t go his way we all know what he can do. Randy Moss looks good now, but he still can be a quiter and too become a problem if things don`t go his way. And definitely not a role model player you want in the locker room around our young team. So after that narrowing that down, Harrison is getting older probably wouldn`t have him for as long as Chad Johnson or Steve Smith. Those would probably be my finalists with the final nod going to Mr. Ocho Cinco, tall somewhat fast but very smart reciever whose gonna get it done week in and out.

And, who ever doesn't love Ocho's antics a spoil sport. I'd love to see The Chad in Green Bay.

BF4MVP
09-29-2007, 03:12 PM
I had to pick Moss because he's the only one on the list that we realistically could have had..

Rastak
09-29-2007, 03:13 PM
I went other and picked Baltimore's Devard Darling.

Him8123
09-29-2007, 03:14 PM
I can`t even imagine all of the cool endzone celebrations Mr. Cinco could pullof off with all that Foamy Cheese

DannoMac21
09-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Me being biased? Larry Fitzgerald, because he's my favorite player in the NFL :D

Me being unbiased...Terrell Owens. He's the best receiver in the game. His strong physique to go along with his speed is the perfect combo. He's shown in the past that he can take teams to new dimensions (Eagles, Cowboys).

Bretsky
09-29-2007, 03:35 PM

Here I figured if you had to stick us with somebody you'd throw Da Fraud back at us :wink:

Rastak
09-29-2007, 03:37 PM

Here I figured if you had to stick us with somebody you'd throw Da Fraud back at us :wink:

Shit! I blew that one and it was a friggen softball too......I must hang my head in shame.....

Joemailman
09-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Steve Smith's ability to stretch the field would make Driver even better than he is.

mmmdk
09-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Me being biased? Larry Fitzgerald, because he's my favorite player in the NFL :D

Me being unbiased...Terrell Owens. He's the best receiver in the game. His strong physique to go along with his speed is the perfect combo. He's shown in the past that he can take teams to new dimensions (Eagles, Cowboys).

I voted Fitzgerald (did u forget to vote, DannoMac21?).

Well, Packers did not have a chance to sign Fitzgerald; they had a chance for Moss. I could've settled for that.

Winning championships is everything.

chain_gang
09-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Steve Smith's ability to stretch the field would make Driver even better than he is.

Agreed, I went Smith too.

RashanGary
09-29-2007, 05:14 PM
If I didn't go other with Williams, I would have picked Smith.

Bretsky
09-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Being a nitpicker, I wanted to know if the criteria was for one year or if we'd assume we get his rights long term. That would have effected my decision.
For one year I think I'd still take Moss.

b bulldog
09-29-2007, 06:55 PM
CJ or the most complete WR in football, Chad Johnson.

Bretsky
09-29-2007, 07:03 PM
CJ or the most complete WR in football, Chad Johnson.

Chad Johnson almost fell to the Packers on draft day; he actually went round two. I actually liked him more than Chambers as a pro prospect. That year had some very good WR's taken in the first three rounds. Of course we chose Da Fraud :oops:

Maxie the Taxi
09-29-2007, 07:05 PM

Agreed, I went Smith too.

Me too. Steve Smith is old school.

b bulldog
09-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Hurt to often

Fred's Slacks
09-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Man, so many great receivers but I voted for Calvin. There is just no hole in his game. With experience, he'll be great.

I think TT is doing a great job, but I still get a little frustrated when I think of how good we could be if we had Moss. I'm just going to have to get over it.

Scott Campbell
09-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Calvin.

woodbuck27
09-30-2007, 01:41 AM
Easy one for me here.

Calvin Johnson for our future.

Brando19
09-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Looks like a close one between Calvin and Chad.

Him8123
09-30-2007, 07:59 AM
right now I`d take Chad, plus with him you`ll get dinner and a show

RashanGary
09-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Andre Johnson (if he didn't get injured) or Roy Williams.

Young, big, fast, proven. . . CJ hasn't shown anything. I'm going to have to see him dominate before I believe the hype. There is more to catching passes than being 6'6" and 230 lbs with a 4.4 40. He's going to have to show that he can adjust to passes and find ways to get open in the NFL.

b bulldog
09-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Why aren't you this way about Hawk?

HarveyWallbangers
09-30-2007, 09:48 AM
For our team, I think Chad Johnson would fit best for the short-term and long-term. He'd give us a deep threat--unlike some of the others.

RashanGary
09-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Why aren't you this way about Hawk?

Hawk is playing well. He missed two tackles and a couple times he got beat to his side but some of it is designed. He took out Gates with a chip which took him out of the play. Do you think the coaches told him to do that? I do. It was his assignment.

Urlacher missed an open field tackle the other night. He got torched down the middle a couple times by Romo.

Hawk isn't going ot make every play (the same way Urlacher doesn't), but he's been very solid and his plays will come. Hawk was very impressive at OSU and he was our best LB last year. Barnett is better than he ever has been and plays are coming his way. Hawks will come too. Watch. CJ hasn't done anythign yet. If he wasn't a freak "physically" he wouldn't be considered a top 20 pick. Moss was unbelievable in college. He was a freak and a great player. CJ is a freak but a great player? . . . Not so much.

Hawk was a top pick based on his play. CJ based on his potential.

MadtownPacker
09-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Other then his height Smith is the pick for me.

I think Chad Johnson is good but having TJ Whosyomomma playing opposites of him has a lot to do with his success the last 2 years. In fact I think TJ even had better stats last season.