PDA

View Full Version : ESPN just compared Romo and Favre

4and12to12and4
09-30-2007, 11:28 AM
I've been saying this for two years now, Romo is almost like watching Favre play. He grew up in Wisconsin and LOVED Favre while growing up. His every move and way of running around, throwing, improvising, etc. are creepy how similar they are. This is why I'm predicting them to beat the Patriots in the Superbowl. Romo has dated the HOT Carrie Underwood though, so I guess being a Cowboy has it's perks.

RashanGary
09-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Romo was the best player on the field in the Bears/Cowboys game. He is a true playmaker/difference maker. I wasn't affraid of Dallas heading into the season, but that is quickly changing. They are for real. I give them the edge over us until we show we can run the ball. Their defense will get better as they adjust to Wade Phillips. I don't know that our run game will get better.

We have a chance this year. We really do, but I think the NFC has two teams that are better this year than Chicago was last year and we'll have to get through the other one if we are going to give Brett his going away party.

Brando19
09-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Romo's a poor man's Favre...that's true. I don't mind Romo...but it'll be a shootout when the Packers come to town on MNF later this year!

GBRulz
09-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Romo is pretty hot, but he's no Favre...no way !!

Bretsky
09-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Right now, IMO, we can beat Dallas in Green Bay......but not in Dallas

MadtownPacker
09-30-2007, 11:51 AM
If things keep going good that game is gonna be the best of the season. Isnt it on a Thursday on NFLN?

Brando19
09-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Mad..I believe you're right. That sucks cuz I don't get the NFLN. Does that mean the Pack only has one game on Monday night football and thats against Denver?

MadtownPacker
09-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Dont trip, you can come watch it at my house.

Brando19
09-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Lol...thanks Mad. I'll bring the chips and salsa...and the kool-aid!

b bulldog
09-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Dallas wins by at least 10 in dallas

gbpackfan
09-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Romo is pretty hot, but he's no Favre...no way !!

That's just what I was thinking Michelle. He's so dreamy! :shock:

Iron Mike
09-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Apparently he wants Jerry Jones to pony up $30M.

You know, he's gotta buy those fine things for Lacy Underalls, I mean, Carrie Underwood. :oops:

Scott Campbell
09-30-2007, 04:27 PM
I've been saying this for two years now, Romo is almost like watching Favre play.

I think it's a legit comparison. I think he's one of the few guys in the NFL right now that could carry a team on the strength of his arm and legs.

Maxie the Taxi
09-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Why is ESPN pimping the Cowboys and Romo on Favre's day? Romo's good, but he is a Cowboy, so I don't like him. What's he played, a year and a half? Talk to me in 17 years and we'll see how he compares to Favre.

The Leaper
10-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Romo reminds me a lot of a young Favre. He has ridiculous instincts, makes big plays at crucial times, and seems to be a natural leader. Romo is not as naturally gifted as Favre in terms of ability...and some of his success has to be attributed to having a fabulously talented offense around him to work with, which certainly wasn't true of Favre's early days in Green Bay.

I mentioned it last week in the winners and losers...the NFL Network is on pace to be the biggest winner in November because of their exclusive look at the Packer-Cowboy showdown.

FritzDontBlitz
10-01-2007, 12:55 PM
i'll compare the two when romo lasts a couple more seasons.

4and12to12and4
10-01-2007, 01:03 PM
I just think that if you put a Packers uniform on Romo, you almost couldn't tell them apart the way he adjusts in the pocket freeing himself from the rush, flushes out, throws off his back foot, the familiarity is unbelievable. And I disagree that his skills are less than Brett's were at that age. In fact, if anything, he's more refined, because he throws less pics. His arm isn't as strong, but it's close, he can zip it, but my main point is the amazing siimilarities in their movements and motions and ways of avoiding sacks and improvising on busted plays. He must have REALLY liked and studied Brett growing up.

4and12to12and4
10-01-2007, 01:06 PM
I didn't start this thread saying that I thought Romo was the next Favre, he sat as a backup so long, he's probably in his prime right now, what is he, 26 or something? I just can't get over how close these two look on the field, the way they do things, it's creepy.

Partial
10-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Lets stop comparing Tony Romo to a first ballot HOF, shall we?

4and12to12and4
10-01-2007, 01:21 PM

Yer missing the point, I'm not comparing them in terms of greatness, I'm comparing them in terms of ... oh to hell with it, who cares, I hate the Cowboys almost as much as the Bears.

MJZiggy
10-01-2007, 01:22 PM

Yer missing the point, I'm not comparing them in terms of greatness, I'm comparing them in terms of ... oh to hell with it, who cares, I hate the Cowboys almost as much as the Bears.

:lol: :lol: Post of the week!!!