PDA

View Full Version : Driver quote about Fergie

BF4MVP
05-06-2006, 02:48 PM
“I didn’t have Javon last year and still had a great season,” Driver said. “Me and Robert were talking. Now that Javon is gone, we have to make a stand. He has to prove that he is a top receiver like he’s been trying to do for years. I told him if he stays healthy, he’ll be a top receiver. His goal this year is to prove everyone wrong.”

Tarlam!
05-06-2006, 02:53 PM
I saw this. It's time for Fergie to walk the walk. He always talked the talk.

MadtownPacker
05-06-2006, 03:02 PM
I think TT needs to keep Fegie on the roster for this season and will. It will be his last chance for sure.

I agree with doing it cuz even DD needed a year to come back to full speed. Fergie was just terrible last season so he will need to show he is at least going to fight for the ball or he wont even get his last chance. Good job by DD to try and fire him up.

Scott Campbell
05-06-2006, 03:04 PM
I have no idea how the guy is ever going to get better. He's afraid of getting hit in traffic, and won't stretch out to catch balls. He's a complete and total liability playing offense.

RashanGary
05-06-2006, 03:15 PM
This is his last chance but he really should play all special teams. He has an effect on games as a gunner and on kick coverage.

Oscar
05-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Great point on special teams play. I think we sometimes tend to over look that part of the game...Unless its a 80 yard return for a TD.. Fergie was a force as a gunner and may have to return to the ST squad and work his way back as a wide out.

mraynrand
05-06-2006, 04:38 PM
"His goal this year is to prove everyone wrong.”

----

Everyone, except BF4MVP, of course!

gbpackfan
05-06-2006, 05:16 PM
For those of you who think the Packers are going to cut Fergie. IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! They are not going to take a 2+ million dollar cap hit.

packrulz
05-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Fergie hasn't been the same since he got clothes lined by the safety, I forget his name. If you remember, Driver landed on his head one time & almost broke his neck, it took awhile for him to bounce back. I predict Fergy will bounce back this year.

Joemailman
05-06-2006, 06:08 PM
For those of you who think the Packers are going to cut Fergie. IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!! They are not going to take a 2+ million dollar cap hit.

I agree that Fergy will not be cut, but it is probably due to Murphy's injury, not the salary cap. Actually, I believe Fergy will cost the Packers 2.8 million against the cap whether the Packers keep him or cut him. If the Packers really feel he is not needed, they could cut him so that the rest of his signing bonus will be wiped off the books instead of carrying it over to next year.

Kiwon
05-06-2006, 07:04 PM
This is Fergy's last chance in GB (or should be) to prove himself. Sherman was so high on him as were others about his toughness. I hope that with all the changes taking place that Fergy will finally capitalize on the physical skills that he obviously has. He's in a good situation. Driver models it every day and Favre will give him plenty of chances to make plays. It's put up or shut up time.