PDA

View Full Version : Bush vs peterson

b bulldog
09-30-2007, 04:16 PM
just curious, is there anyone out there who would take Bush over Pete. Peterson runs extremely physical and his speed is amazing. reminds me of a mean Eric Dickerson.

PackerTimer
09-30-2007, 04:17 PM
no way. AP looks great.

BallHawk
09-30-2007, 04:18 PM
I'd take AP. Bush tries to dance around too much. AP runs hard and runs strong.

If Peterson can stay healthy he's going to rival LT or anybody else for the best back in the league in the near future.

Rastak
09-30-2007, 04:18 PM
AP is a hearbeat.

Bretsky
09-30-2007, 04:20 PM
AP; hey, I thought I patented the Dickerson comparison at about 12:30 today in the game thread :lol:

Lurker64
09-30-2007, 04:20 PM
If Peterson can hold up (he has an injury history) he's likely to be a monster. Bush hasn't done anything in the NFL yet.

b bulldog
09-30-2007, 04:22 PM
i POSTED THIS BECAUSE Bush has had many fans saying how great he is and all of that crap but I've been posting for a while that he is way overhyped and now today, Fox sports had a column saying the same but AD could be the next great back after LT. Bush was an amzing college player, AD was great in college but will be equally as good in the nfl.

RashanGary
AP

Iron Mike
Bush hasn't done anything in the NFL yet.

You mean, besides making Girlacher eat his dust??? :P

Scott Campbell
09-30-2007, 04:24 PM
AP; hey, I thought I patented the Dickerson comparison at about 12:30 today in the game thread :lol:

He looks like Eddie George too. Any big back is going to draw comparisons.

Bretsky
09-30-2007, 04:29 PM

He looks like Eddie George too. Any big back is going to draw comparisons.

He doesn't look like EG to me; he looks far better. Better speed, better moves in the open field. Just more talent

b bulldog
09-30-2007, 04:30 PM
I posted predraft that ED is compareable to AP. I wish I was the first to do so but Ourlads was where I heard it first.

mmmdk
09-30-2007, 04:36 PM
AP, no doubt.

Brandon494
09-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Hard to say, Vikings have a much better O-line IMO. I think I would have to go with AP but I would def. love to have Bush in green and gold as well.

Patler
09-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Actually, with the attitude he runs with and instant accelerations when he clears the line, Peterson reminds me not of Dickerson or George, but Ahman Green of a few years ago. Big, strong, shifty, fast and with an attitude.

b bulldog
09-30-2007, 04:43 PM
hARD TO SAY??? You can't be serious can you? This was why I POSTED THIS. nO OFFENSE BUT PEOPLE REALLY NEED TO REALIZE THAT Bush is not in college anymore. He is now playing lb's that run 4.4-4.5's and S that can run as fast as him and most are at least as big as him.

Rastak
09-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Hard to say, Vikings have a much better O-line IMO. I think I would have to go with AP but I would def. love to have Bush in green and gold as well.

Their LT Mckinnie was pucking half the game with a stomach virus and eventually left the game for good. That's just for today....overall, the Vikings OL has been inconsistent.

RashanGary
09-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Actually, with the attitude he runs with and instant accelerations when he clears the line, Peterson reminds me not of Dickerson or George, but Ahman Green of a few years ago. Big, strong, shifty, fast and with an attitude.

Good comparison. He's like a young Ahman Green without the fumble problem.

Shit!!

Rastak
09-30-2007, 04:46 PM

Shit!!

How fast a 40 did Ahman run? I know he had great burst and was strong as hell.

Scott Campbell
09-30-2007, 04:50 PM

Shit!!

Don't worry too much. RB's have a short shelf life, and it looks like the Vikes are going to at least waste his first year in the league.

RashanGary
09-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Green was fast in his young days. He had true break away speed. He ran a 4.44 in the 40, but at that time, I don't thing guys trained as hard for it. In todays combine training, he might be able to shave a couple hundreths off that.

Collins caught AP from behind though. AP is fast, but he's catchable by some of the faster NFL guys. He had one of his better runs of the season and I wasn't any more impressed with him than I was with Green in his prime. It's no insult to compare him to Green, Ras. Green was one of the top 5 backs of the last 10 years IMO. Top 10 at worste.

Rastak
09-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Green was fast in his young days. He had true break away speed. He ran a 4.44 in the 40, but at that time, I don't thing guys trained as hard for it. In todays combine training, he might be able to shave a couple hundreths off that.

Collins caught AP from behind though. AP is fast, but he's catchable by some of the faster NFL guys. He had one of his better runs of the season and I wasn't any more impressed with him than I was with Green in his prime. It's no insult to compare him to Green, Ras. Green was one of the top 5 backs of the last 10 years IMO.

AP carried him at least 5-10 yards. Isn't Collins a 4.35 kinda guy?

motife
09-30-2007, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't trade Wynn, Jackson, Morency OR Grant for Adrian Peterson.

It's too early.

Scott Campbell
09-30-2007, 04:56 PM

It's too early.

Huh? Are you serious?

RashanGary
09-30-2007, 04:57 PM
AP carried him at least 5-10 yards. Isn't Collins a 4.35 kinda guy?

4.37 I think. I don't think AP looked faster than Green in his prime. That was my point. Green never seemed to get caught from behind. If he ran a 4.44 at the combine, he played fast enough to never get caught.

Rastak
09-30-2007, 04:57 PM

It's too early.

Huh? Are you serious?

He meant the Bears Adrian Peterson.

motife
09-30-2007, 04:59 PM

It's too early.

Huh? Are you serious?

If GB DID trade for Adrian Peterson, they might want Bill Bellichik to help out with the negotiations with Brad Childress. Bill seems to have Childress's number. I'd offer Shuan Bodiford or Justin Harrell.

or maybe Korey Hall.

straight up.

Lurker64
09-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Though, with the way we run block, if Green Bay had Adrian Peterson, Larry Johnson, LT, Frank Gore, and Stephen Jackson on the roster we still might not have a respectable running game. Troublingly, if Minnesota had Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, and Brett Favre we lose this game by six touchdowns.

motife
09-30-2007, 05:08 PM
One caller on WTMJ says the new Vikings stadium should be called "Favre Field".

Rastak
09-30-2007, 05:10 PM

Why?

motife
09-30-2007, 05:15 PM

Why?

As a tribute to Brett, since that's where he got 421.

Rastak
09-30-2007, 05:16 PM

Why?

So whenever a record falls, the local team names the stadium after the guy who set it. Got it.

Did the dude sound really hammered?

:)

motife
09-30-2007, 05:20 PM

Why?

So whenever a record falls, the local team names the stadium after the guy who set it. Got it.

It was a Vikings fan and a Tim Pawlenty assistant.

Rastak
09-30-2007, 05:21 PM

Why?

On WTMJ.....ah got it. Motife, you were hitting the bottle after the big win were you?

:wink:

motife
09-30-2007, 05:24 PM

Why?

On WTMJ.....ah got it. Motife, you were hitting the bottle after the big win were you?

:wink:

At first I thought it WAS Tim Pawlenty. Or Jesse Ventura.

Patler
09-30-2007, 05:26 PM

Shit!!

How fast a 40 did Ahman run? I know he had great burst and was strong as hell.

At a tryout, Ahman Green beat Gaston Green's long standing record for the fastest 40 time ever recorded at tryouts. Gaston Green was a world class sprinter in track. Early in his NFL career, some considered Ahman Green to be the fastest in the league.

Ahman Green had world class sprint capabilities, if he had picked track over football. He was a nationally rated high school sprinter, and I believe still holds a state 200 meter record in Arkansas. But was always a football player first.

Patler
09-30-2007, 05:31 PM
I kept this from a previous discussion about Ahman Green. He ran a 4.3 in high school. From the Milwaukee Journal in 2000, recalling his decision to leave school early:

Green's decision looked like a healthy one when he wowed NFL personnel in a personal workout in Lincoln in March 1998. He ran a blazing 40 and was clocked as low as 4.22 seconds on some stopwatches.