PDA

View Full Version : Ted Thompson and Packers officials out of line in the dome?

gbpackfan
09-30-2007, 04:30 PM
JSOnline.com blog.

There's a rule that you aren't allowed to cheer in the press box, but that hasn't stopped any of the Packers official seated behind me, especially General Manager Ted Thompson, from cheering all of the second half. Thompson is now to the point where he's clapping after each play. It's not a good scene.

So, were they out of line. You are not allowed to cheer for your team? Strange.

Lurker64
09-30-2007, 04:32 PM
It makes sense that the press (who's supposed to be unbiased) wouldn't cheer, but team officials are clearly biased towards their team and they have every reason to cheer.

Possibly we just need another box.

RashanGary
09-30-2007, 04:47 PM
He might be passive/aggressively rubbing it in their faces for writing shit stories when they had no clue what they were talking about :)

VegasPackFan
09-30-2007, 05:34 PM
STOP YOUR FIGGIN WHINING, LOSERS!!!

Rastak
09-30-2007, 05:37 PM

It was JSO dude.....why are they losers?

cpk1994
09-30-2007, 05:46 PM

It was JSO dude.....why are they losers? They aren't, but Bedard needs to lighten up. He should be more concerned about doing his own job and not worrying about what is happening around him in the press box.

cheesner
09-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Please watch your fucking language. I happen to like figs a lot.

As far as TT cheering - I actually can't picture it. He is so reserved, I can only picture him smiling for a moment after a good play.

RashanGary
09-30-2007, 06:19 PM
What kind of a pansy is too scared to say something at the moment and then complains about it to the general public after the game.

I still think he was rubbing it in as if to say "how do you like me now"

I know after the crap that they wrote and way they treated him in some of his press conferences that he should feel a little resentment. I would anyway.

Rastak
09-30-2007, 06:35 PM
What kind of a pansy is too scared to say something at the moment and then complains about it to the general public after the game.

I still think he was rubbing it in as if to say "how do you like me now"

I know after the crap that they wrote and way they treated him in some of his press conferences that he should feel a little resentment. I would anyway.

Except the game was in question almost until the end....actually until the end.

Anyway, do you really think TT gives a good GD what anyone writes? I've never gotten that impression. Plus, there was nothing that was written that I'd consider BB material....other than Pat Williams calling Scott Wells Dawn Wells, which I thought was funny as hell.

RashanGary
09-30-2007, 06:45 PM
That's not what I meant. I was talking about the Milwaukee and GB writers ripping the hell out of TT at a few press conferences and interviews and then doing it in the papers. He might have been letting out a little frustration by cheering on the team he built and they doubted.

Rastak
09-30-2007, 06:47 PM
That's not what I meant. I was talking about the Milwaukee and GB writers ripping the hell out of TT at a few press conferences and interviews and then doing it in the papers. He might have been letting out a little frustration by cheering on the team he built and they doubted.

Ah, sorry.

I guess I'll leave this thread now because I have no clue what went into it.

VegasPackFan
09-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Figs or Frigs - it dont matter to me..

Enough of that crap where these guys will now criticize TT for actually WINNING. You have got to be kidding me! Now TT is a bad GM because of the way he reacts to his success?

Kiss my @ss, writers.......

BallHawk
09-30-2007, 07:35 PM
If they don't like TT's cheering, maybe TT ought to head down to the field...

Can you imagine TT at Lambeau in December with a big "G" painted on his bare chest?

Yeah, I'm sure the EC Gals would love that. :P

Fritz
09-30-2007, 07:43 PM
At this point - and it's still early - I'm not overwhelmed by this Bedard or Gerard or whatever his name is. You know, that new writer guy.

When Jones caught that late TD pass, Bedard's blog headline read something like "Jones' TD catch should Do It." Hasn't this guy been around football long enough to know better?

And then TT, who gets criticized for being inhumanly unemotional, now gets ripped for cheering his team. Hmm. I remember Ron Wolf getting pretty evocative in his box back in the day.

Maybe the new guy feels the need to prove how tough he is, I don't know.

BallHawk
09-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah, Bedard has not impressed me so far. Sounds like a few people here could do a better job than him.

packers04
09-30-2007, 08:13 PM
when greg said that, i dont think he was meaning it as a bad thing, i just think he meant, its not a good thing for the vikings. thats how i took it anyways when i first read it. maybe its just me, who knows. something u could email him i guess?

FritzDontBlitz
09-30-2007, 09:55 PM

Ah, sorry.

I guess I'll leave this thread now because I have no clue what went into it.

damn, our comments have to actually be relevant to the thread now? heh, kiddin dude.

i dunno, i took the writer's comment as one made by a man who was slightly amused at the scene. i mean, come on: who thought ted thompson even knew HOW to loosen up?

i suspect the writer was trying to inject a lil humanity into tt's image, cuz up to now he has been presented to us as someone incapable of feeling.

cheer, teddy, do a fuggin touchdown dance if ya wanna. you have earned it so far
brother...

FritzDontBlitz
09-30-2007, 10:11 PM
ok, how's this for an idea for a new teddy t theme song:

(sung to the tune of "neutron dance" from the movie "beverly hills cop")

i just feel like doin the tt dance....
if the pack keep winning like this imma pee my pants...

at any rate i think that's my new sig...... :bump:

The Leaper
10-01-2007, 07:39 AM
Good to see Thompson cheering.

Hopefully he did it right in front of McGinn after Bob basically called him and his staff stupid prior to the season.

Sports writers are among the least qualified and over educated people on the planet. Yes, that makes no sense...but neither do the sports writers more than half of the time, which is why it fits.

Very few are worth reading or paying attention to.

MJZiggy
10-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Good to see Thompson cheering.

Hopefully he did it right in front of McGinn after Bob basically called him and his staff stupid prior to the season.

Sports writers are among the least qualified and over educated people on the planet. Yes, that makes no sense...but neither do the sports writers more than half of the time, which is why it fits.

Very few are worth reading or paying attention to.

I don't think I'd call sportswriters overeducated...

The Leaper
10-01-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't think I'd call sportswriters overeducated...

A high school education is roughly 8 years too much for your average sportswriter...that was roughly my point. :D