PDA

View Full Version : Raiders on the trade block

Brando19
09-30-2007, 04:49 PM
The Oakland Raiders have said that any of their defensive players except 4 are on the trade block. Michael Huff was not one of those four. I watched him alot in college and liked him alot. Has anyone here watched him closely? Would he be a good fit in GB? Nick Collins is injured too often.

From PFT:
Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Oakland Raiders have been calling teams and offering up any of their defensive players for trade -- with only four of them off of the block.

The guys who won't be traded included defensive end Derrick Burgess, cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, linebacker Kirk Morrison, and linebacker Thomas Howard.

Curiously omitted from this list is safety Michael Huff, the No. 7 overall pick in 2006.

On the other side of the ball, Chris Mortensen of ESPN says that rookie quarterback JaMarcus Russell could take the field by Thanksgiving weekend, and that he is progressing well in practice.

Lurker64
09-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Knowing Al Davis, he's not likely to let anybody who's a good player and not a reprobate go for anything close to a reasonable price. I think he's hoping to get some sort of blockbuster deal from a team that thinks their Defense is just one player away from making them a contender . I don't think that's going to happen with us.

cheesner
09-30-2007, 06:18 PM
The Oakland Raiders have said that any of their defensive players except 4 are on the trade block. Michael Huff was not one of those four. I watched him alot in college and liked him alot. Has anyone here watched him closely? Would he be a good fit in GB? Nick Collins is injured too often.

From PFT:
Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Oakland Raiders have been calling teams and offering up any of their defensive players for trade -- with only four of them off of the block.

The guys who won't be traded included defensive end Derrick Burgess, cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, linebacker Kirk Morrison, and linebacker Thomas Howard.

Curiously omitted from this list is safety Michael Huff, the No. 7 overall pick in 2006.

On the other side of the ball, Chris Mortensen of ESPN says that rookie quarterback JaMarcus Russell could take the field by Thanksgiving weekend, and that he is progressing well in practice.Nick Collins has started 36 straight games for the Packers. How do you consider him injured too often?

I do believe we need some DB depth and replacements for our corners. Al Davis considers DB the most important Defensive position - I can't see him willing to part with one that has potential.

BallHawk
09-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Can we get Fargas? Dude put up 180 today. :shock:

Brando19
09-30-2007, 06:30 PM

From PFT:

On the other side of the ball, Chris Mortensen of ESPN says that rookie quarterback JaMarcus Russell could take the field by Thanksgiving weekend, and that he is progressing well in practice.Nick Collins has started 36 straight games for the Packers. How do you consider him injured too often?

I do believe we need some DB depth and replacements for our corners. Al Davis considers DB the most important Defensive position - I can't see him willing to part with one that has potential.

Indeed he has...but it seems like he leaves games on a regular basis with an injury.

LL2
09-30-2007, 07:09 PM
If we can get RB help I'm all for a trade. We can't go all the way unless we get a running game going.

]{ilr]3
09-30-2007, 07:13 PM
If we can get RB help I'm all for a trade. We can't go all the way unless we get a running game going.

Lamont Jordan went down in a big way today. I think he is the only RB worth a damn.

Micheal Huff would be awesome addtion or maybe grab that big ugly tackle from Iowa..........

cheesner
09-30-2007, 08:35 PM
{ilr]3]

Lamont Jordan went down in a big way today. I think he is the only RB worth a damn.

Micheal Huff would be awesome addtion or maybe grab that big ugly tackle from Iowa..........I don't think our problem is our RBs. Our OL, on the other hand, needs some help.

packiowa
09-30-2007, 08:36 PM
{ilr]3"][quote=LL2]. . . or maybe grab that big ugly tackle from Iowa..........

He's not worth his #2 salary, but I would be ecstatic to reunite him and Philbin, then stick him at RG (he played LT in a heavy zone scheme in college) and let Colledge/Barbre/Moll spend a little more time working to take over for Tausch and Clifton. The kid could always run block and could team with Coston to make a great young pair of big, athletic guards.

Anyway, we have nobody to trade. Williams is too important as a passing down DT. KGB is pretty valuable again. Other than that, we can lose Cole (if Harrell is close) or Harrell, Daniel Muir, Bush is too good on ST, Blackmon would be tough to part with, Walker could be had, Tramon, they don't want Rodgers, and TT loves his draft picks. Maybe they want Koren's contract. That would be a sweet deal.

Spaulding
09-30-2007, 08:36 PM
{ilr]3]

Micheal Huff would be awesome addtion or maybe grab that big ugly tackle from Iowa..........

You thinking Gallery???

]{ilr]3
09-30-2007, 08:41 PM
{ilr]3]

You thinking Gallery???

Yeah, thats him. Robert Gallery. I think he has a big time up value. Alot of people have lebeled him a bust. But for the most part he has been the victim of a shitty team and system. His play this year has been much better. He could be anouther great pick up like Woodson was (atleast i think he was)

Joemailman
09-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Are the Raiderettes on the trading block?

http://www.raiders.com/assets/21A03646-1107-4454-814B-EFC39D89839D.jpg

Bretsky
09-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Are the Raiderettes on the trading block?

http://www.raiders.com/assets/21A03646-1107-4454-814B-EFC39D89839D.jpg

:alc: :knll: :wave:

retailguy
09-30-2007, 10:21 PM
They said that the DEFENSIVE players were up for trading, you guys are naming OFFENSIVE guys.... :?:

Bossman641
09-30-2007, 11:19 PM
They said that the DEFENSIVE players were up for trading, you guys are naming OFFENSIVE guys.... :?:

Shhh, Al Davis is a corpse. He might not know who starts where on that team.