PDA

View Full Version : WTF?? No Ryan thread??

MadtownPacker
09-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Dude jukes half the vikings D for a first down and he dont get no love?

BallHawk
09-30-2007, 08:18 PM
He had our longest run of the game.

Somebody deserves a pay raise. :lol:

Actually, to be honest, he looked like a chicken running around without its head.

But then again, don't all of our RBs? :|

]{ilr]3
09-30-2007, 08:18 PM
I loved that play. I started to get up to make a beer run and i was cleaning up some of the crap on the end table in front of me and i realized what was happening I was freaking out and dropping all that i had picked up. And just as it looked like he was over, he scrambled for anouther few yards. I couldnt tell where the 1st down line was, but i pretty sure he made.

Very exciting to see the Packers confidant enough to make such plays from time to time. 8-)

gbpackfan
09-30-2007, 08:20 PM

He gets a little love, but that fumble took most of my love away.

Joemailman
09-30-2007, 08:30 PM

I thought I wood give Woody the chance to start the Ryan thread, but he is apparently AWOL.

BallHawk
09-30-2007, 08:33 PM

What fumble are you talking about?

FritzDontBlitz
09-30-2007, 08:42 PM
i saw the highlight. he doesnt look very well suited to the zone blocking scheme though.

ok, i'm trippin.

and i need a new muhfuggin sig, they are 8-0 now.

by the way, i was forced to watch the heir apparent to rex the vexed. i knew there had to be a logical reason lovie stuck with the hex as long as he did.

oregonpackfan
09-30-2007, 08:48 PM
For the record, I don't think Ryan is the answer to the Packers running game woes. :)

I was surprised and delighted to see the fake punt call. I don't think anyone in the stadium predicted that call might happen. :shock:

KYPack
09-30-2007, 09:42 PM

There's sorta two Ryan's on the club.

Jon Ryan ran a fake punt for a first down.

Ryan Grant fumbled on a staight hand-off that was fucking inexcusable.

That was the goofiest fake punt I've ever seen. Usually they detect a flaw in the other teams cover so they do a short pass, or the punter follows the fullback, er something. This fake was no play. Ryan just ran at the line.

I give the kid credit, he made something out of very little.

Imagine Stock's happy. He'd be bagging groceries tommorrow if Ryan hadn't made that last thrust for the 1st down.

Expected Woody to make some kinda statement. That's his Canuck, ya know.

3irty1
09-30-2007, 10:02 PM

We are talking about Jon Ryan the punter. Not Ryan Grant the RB.

woodbuck27
10-01-2007, 01:48 AM

I thought I wood give Woody the chance to start the Ryan thread, but he is apparently AWOL.

I am home in the Maritimes and I saw that play at Rockyzzz Sportzzz Bar in Saint John, New Brunswick and laughed my head off.

Really neat to watch.

I keep telling good people that he is a really decent athlete. :)

That was fun to see him pushing players out of the way.

A mad flash dash!!

GO PACKERS !

Partial
10-01-2007, 01:49 AM
what do you tell the bad people?

woodbuck27
10-01-2007, 01:50 AM
what do you tell the bad people?

You cannot tell bad people anything P. :)

OS PA
10-01-2007, 02:01 AM
I just watched a highlight of this again, and if a LB hadn't run into Ryan he would have probably taken this for six. He juked about eight players out of their shoes and had two people to beat for the touchdown... crazy play. I can't believe that it was originally a fake punt pass that was called off. Ryan is sneaky sneaky.

woodbuck27
10-01-2007, 02:11 AM
I just watched a highlight of this again, and if a LB hadn't run into Ryan he would have probably taken this for six. He juked about eight players out of their shoes and had two people to beat for the touchdown... crazy play. I can't believe that it was originally a fake punt pass that was called off. Ryan is sneaky sneaky.

He ran a similiar play to the same side of the field last season but I cannot re-call if he made the first down.

Noodle
10-01-2007, 02:31 AM
We all give kickers crap for not being athletes, when in fact most could pretty much smoke any of us at anything. They only look limited because they're playing against world class studs.

Face it, if any of us took one hit from an NFL player, we'd be dead. Or wishing we were.

I totally dug Ryan's bit. Showed guts, and wicked cutting ability. And it turned out to be a huge play. Ended up with 3 points and kept a 9 minute drive going. Plus, you know it jacked up everyone on the sideline.

cpk1994
10-01-2007, 07:50 AM

I am home in the Maritimes and I saw that play at Rockyzzz Sportzzz Bar in Saint John, New Brunswick and laughed my head off.

Really neat to watch.

I keep telling good people that he is a really decent athlete. :)

That was fun to see him pushing players out of the way.

A mad flash dash!!

GO PACKERS !

IF Troy Aikman goes on and on about his guns, he has to be a decent athlete, especially if he is a punter.