PDA

View Full Version : Article--One Man Stands Alone

MJZiggy
09-30-2007, 08:30 PM
One Man Stands Alone
By vince

If you’re a Packer fan, and you have a pulse, you know the rest. It wasn’t the most magnificent play of his legendary career, but it sure was magnificent to Packer fans who have been fortunate enough to have witnessed Brett Favre’s greatness all these years.

Brett Favre now stands alone...READ MORE!!! (www.packerrats.com)

]{ilr]3
09-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Nice article MJ 8-)

Fun times for Packer fans!

MJZiggy
09-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Don't look at me--this one's vince's!

]{ilr]3
09-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Don't look at me--this one's vince's!

I could have swore when i opened that page up it read mjziggy as the author! :shock:

Now it says vince.

Either way, nicely done!

BallHawk
09-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Great article, Vince. :D

Jimx29
09-30-2007, 10:21 PM
how eerie.......it's posted in the future...Oct. 1st :o :o :o

GrnBay007
09-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Great article Vince.....and love the pic too.

woodbuck27
09-30-2007, 10:59 PM
One of the finest articles on Brett Favre Vince, I have ever read.

You have captured the essence of what it really means to love the Packers and the gift of Brett Favre that being a Packer fan bestowes upon all of us.

Congratulations Vince for feeling this awesome QB. One very fine and warm human being, our Lil Abner and our Legend.

For expressing the appreciation of all that that truly means to so many who pull for the Green and Gold.

P E R F E C T . . . VINCE :)

GO 4-0 PACK 4-0 GO!

oregonpackfan
09-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Keep up the fantastic writing, Vince! I appreciate your work.

Deputy Nutz
09-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Great work, Great Work.

GBRulz
10-01-2007, 11:02 AM
That was great, Vince!! Thanks for writing that!!

Found this editorial cartoon in the PG, had to laugh!!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/bilde.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2007, 11:03 AM
That’s what we do when we’re lucky enough to experience the greatness with which you’ve blessed us all.

Oh my God. John Madden is gonna have to scootch-over and make room in Favre's rectum this week.
You guys treat Favre like Jesus. :lol:

OK, who wants to be my friend now? :)

vince
10-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Oh my God. John Madden is gonna have to scootch-over and make room in Favre's rectum this week.
You guys treat Favre like Jesus. :lol:

OK, who wants to be my friend now? :)
Jesus didn't throw 422 touchdown passes for the Green Bay Packers. :D

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Favre has what, 32 saves? Jesus has saved billions, and still counting.

I remember when John Lennon compared Beatles to Jesus (indirectly).

I may have to organize some Favre memorabilia burnings.

4and12to12and4
10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Favre has what, 32 saves? Jesus has saved billions, and still counting.

I remember when John Lennon compared Beatles to Jesus (indirectly).

I may have to organize some Favre memorabilia burnings.

John Lennon "imagined" a world without a heaven or hell or organized religion, he didn't even believe in jesus. He thought it was all bullshit created by religious leaders who happened to be in power throughout the ages. That's what all religion was to him. I agree, by the way, so call me blasphemous if you want, but there is no comparison between the two. Lennon's quote that they were more popular than Jesus, wasn't blasphemy to him, it was like saying they were more popular than Santa Claus (which is debatable).

Anyways, now that I've turned this into a religious holocaust, let me regress, and say, great writing Vince, I am trying to watch Favre game to game with as much appreciation I possibly can muster, because when he retires, watching the Packers will never be the same. We are witnessing something few get to see, THE greatest QB EVER playing in our backyard every Sunday. How awesome!! Brett, thanks for so many memories, and I cannot believe how he is literally taking this team on his shoulders this year and winning, with absolutely no run game at all. Also, kudos to MM to have the courage and intelligence to line up with no backers and spread 'em out and let Brett do his thing. If we lined up conventionally, and tried to "pretend" we're gonna run, we would not have 4 wins right now. This year has been so fun to watch, a victory next week may actually kill me.

BEARMAN
10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Kutos to Farve, one of the best. BUT, ...
compareing him to Jesus ? :shock: :doh:
This could come back to bite you, ... :butt:

vince
10-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Kutos to Favre, one of the best. BUT, ...
compareing him to Jesus ? :shock: :doh:
This could come back to bite you, ... :butt:
Jesus knows I was just kiddin' him Bearman! :oops:

4and12to12and4
10-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Jesus never whipped 22 Bears. (Times Favre has beaten the sacred animal)

4and12to12and4
10-01-2007, 04:30 PM
By the way, I grew up in a conservative Baptist home, and am due to that fact an agnostic, so I don't consider this bantering blasphemy. For those of you who have said derogatory things about your Christ, shame on you, and you'll probably go to hell (which may be Bears training camp for eternity).

4and12to12and4
10-01-2007, 04:32 PM
You know, I just caught the irony of how this thread called "ONE MAN STANDS ALONE" has gone this direction. Weird.

BEARMAN
10-01-2007, 06:41 PM

Pssssssst, ... Psssssssssssst, ....
Da BEARS are not ascared of the pack ! They are gonna come into you house and spank ya like lil girls ! :twisted:

Bretsky
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM

Pssssssst, ... Psssssssssssst, ....
Da BEARS are not ascared of the pack ! They are gonna come into you house and spank ya like lil girls ! :twisted:

Da Bears are starting to feel the pitchfork in their season

Da Bears fear being close to done

Da Bears are growing weaker and weaker

Da Bears are ripe for some lessons

b bulldog
10-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Da bears are done