PDA

View Full Version : Lelie

Tony Oday
05-06-2006, 05:00 PM
So what do we need to give up to get him? 3rd rounder in the draft next year?

I think he is PERFECT for our system here. You have I catch everything Driver as the number on. Some nice additions from the draft and a solid TE corp. Lelie is a burner that stretches the field with Favre throwing to him.

What would it cost and do you think we will do it?

Joemailman
05-06-2006, 05:11 PM
My understanding is that the Packers told Denver during their trade talks prior to the draft that they had no interest in Lelie. Even if they were interested, I can't imagine TT giving up a 3rd rounder for him.

gbpackfan
05-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Tony,

Everyone here, at least most, believe that the Packers would have obtained him already in the trade for Javon Walker if they were interested in him. Also, a rumor was going around before the draft that the Packers have / had no interest in Lelie.

However, the Packers may have floated that rumor in order to get Denver to up their offer for Javon. And in the end, Denver did give up their high second round pick, which is what the Packers wanted. I don't know how you can say for a fact that the Packers are not interested in him. There is so much mis-information out there, purposely, before the draft. This may have been one of those rumors that Ted put out there in order to get a higher pick for Javon.

I watched Lelie the other day on NFL game of the week and he looked pretty impressive to me. I think he has all the tools to be very good.

I would like the Packers to bring in one more play maker on offense. Lelie would def. be able to stretch the field. The longer he holds out, the better it is for the Pack.

All the above being said, I don't think the Packers should go after him just because he can stretch the field. Brett said today at his presser that this group of WR has more speed then he has ever had before. So, they can go deep. But does Lelie offer a little bit more? I guess TT will decide that.