PDA

View Full Version : No Respect From Vegas

Packnut
10-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Pack-3. I don't get this line. I thought it would come out -6. If you buy the company line that HFA is worth 3 points to the linesmakers, Vegas is basically saying the Pack and Bears are even.

We have a GIGANTIC advantage at QB. We have an edge at D with all the injuries Chicago has. They ain't much better at running then we are. We have a huge advantage at WR. Most importantly we have HFA re-established.

This line is out of whack. The ONLY thing I can think of, is that this game is basically the Bear's season. It's a must win for them.

cpk1994
10-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Take it easy. The betting on this game will increase the line as betters jump all over that line.

Partial
10-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Lay your future on this game. Mad and I will be screaming loud enough to bring home a win.

Sparkey
10-01-2007, 11:51 AM
That opening line is just a sucker line to get people to start betting. If too many people start betting on Chicago, then the line slides to GB by 1.5 or even. If tons of people drop bets early on the Pack, the line increases so that more people take the Bears and the points.

The line has nothing to do with who Vegas thinks will win or by how much. It has everything to do with making sure that the total $$$ value of bets is evenly spread so that Vegas wins regardless of the outcome of the game.

cheesner
10-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Always a little more difficult trying to pick these divisional rivalries. Even when the Bears or Packers are at their worst, they get up for this game. I fully expect the Bears to play their best game of the season and to make it interesting.

I expected us to put a whooping on the Vikes, that one was a little close also.

Jerry Tagge
10-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Packers fans will be placing big bucks on the Pack. I'd be surprised it the line isn't up to 5 by Wednesday.