PDA

View Full Version : AFC really that much better?

ahaha
10-01-2007, 11:11 AM
With the Cardinals victory over the undefeated Steelers, and the hapless Falcons topping a supposed up and coming Texans team yesterday, the NFC is now tied (8-8) with the highly toughted AFC. Are we seeing a possible shift towards more balance between the two conferences?

Partial
10-01-2007, 11:15 AM
With San Diego being unimpressive so far the top-heavy portion of the AFC is shifting back I would say.

They have more good teams, though.

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2007, 11:20 AM
it's nearly impossible for one league to get much better than the other. They are both feeding out of the same talent pool. Move NEw England in the NFC and its back in balance.

oregonpackfan
10-01-2007, 11:46 AM
The two undefeated teams in the AFC(Patriots and Colts) are clearly superior than the two undefeated teams in the NFC(Cowboys and Packers), IMO.

chain_gang
10-01-2007, 12:18 PM
As far as the undefeated teams goes, I'd say New England and Indy are better than GB as of right now, but I think a case could be made for Dallas to be the top Undefeated team right now, I just don't see many flaws in their game. The have two talented backs, a star QB in the making, TO(enough said), Jason Witten, a solid Oline, and that's with missing one of their playmakers in Glenn, if they get him back, their offense could be something really special. As far as Defense goes, they need better secondary play, although they have been getting better, I think if it was a healthy Bulger on sunday, he would have picked them apart. From what I saw, Bulger missed open receivers all day long. Roy Williams is a total liability in coverage, and Anthony Henry is boom or bust at CB.

I'm looking forward to week 6 when New England plays Dallas, should be a game. Look at the Stars in that game, Owens, Romo, Witten, Barber against Moss, Brady, Maroney, Watson.

Green Bay could be a top team easily, if the "true" west coast offense keeps working, and they can establish a running game, in fact if they establish a running game, and get more help out of the number 3 cb. Blackmon, please, get healthy and stay healthy, they could have one special team.

Not to get too far ahead of myself. Week 13 Packers vs. Cowboys, Icon against an up and coming star. Anyone else as excited as me.

HarveyWallbangers
10-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Yeah, the win by Dallas yesterday clearly puts them at the top in the NFC. St. Louis is weak right now, but it looks like Dallas plugged some holes in their defense. Romo is for real.

Joemailman
10-01-2007, 12:49 PM
The 2 best teams in the league are in the AFC (Indy, NE). Other than that, the 2 conferences look pretty even to me. Dallas plays NE in 2 weeks, so we'll get an idea if the top NFC teams can compete with the likes of NE.

mngolf19
10-01-2007, 01:09 PM
I would also say that the NFC North is clearly better than any other division in NFC as well. 3 top D's and a fourth team that is becoming a top O.

b bulldog
10-01-2007, 05:01 PM
the colts and the Pats are far ahead of the #3 team, whoever it is.