PDA

View Full Version : Resurgence of TE's

4and12to12and4
10-01-2007, 01:35 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not in another thread, but I am shocked at how well Donald Lee and Bubba Franks have played. Bubba's missed a couple tough ones that maybe he should've had, but these guys are really lighting it up. Especially Lee. He is getting open a ton, and he seems to have figured out the problem he had with the droppies the past few years. They are both a big part of the reason we are 4-0, I hope they keep playing well.

Maxie the Taxi
10-01-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not in another thread, but I am shocked at how well Donald Lee and Bubba Franks have played. Bubba's missed a couple tough ones that maybe he should've had, but these guys are really lighting it up. Especially Lee. He is getting open a ton, and he seems to have figured out the problem he had with the droppies the past few years. They are both a big part of the reason we are 4-0, I hope they keep playing well.

You said it. I'd say our TE play has been a key to our offense so far. If you combine their stats, then Franks and Lee are second in the league in receptions and TD's.

Partial
10-01-2007, 04:51 PM
The emergence of the TEs has negated the need to run quite a bit. They have been pretty effective in clock management utilizing all these west coast short passing routes and the flats to the RBs.