PDA

View Full Version : Beating the BEARS

Ballboy
10-01-2007, 06:41 PM
How do we do it?

I'll tell you one thing, if MM lets either Ryan or Crosby kick anywhere NEAR Hester, I will be completely PISSED.....why even give him the option to run it back? The offense is bad, so giving up bad field position is NOT the worst thing.

Crosby must kick into endzone EVERYTIME.

Ryan needs to directional kick OUT OF BOUNDS.

BEARMAN
10-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Scared ? :shock:

Line up your best 22 players, we'll line up our best 22 players, and in one hour we'll let the score board settle it.
What, your sp teams aren't up to the task ?
Just play ball !

Hurry, ... go tell the pack, ... get ready, ... cos Da BEARS are coming ! :twisted:

Brando19
10-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Bearman,
That may have been a little scary last year, but this year....I wish the Packers played the Bears 16 times....then the Packers would steal the '72 Dolphins glory. By the way...who's playing QB? Grossman, Griese, Orton, or eh who cares...they all SUCK!

Go Pack Go!

Ballboy
10-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Its all about playing smart ball.....keeping the ball away from the best player on the team - Hester is smart.

Wouldn't it be smart to keep the ball away from Brett?

The Shadow
10-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Line up your best 22 players, we'll line up our best 22 players, and in one hour we'll let the score board settle it.

Are you sure you still HAVE 22 best players?

BEARMAN
10-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Ya all never hear, the most dangerous animal is a wounded BEAR !

MJZiggy
10-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Actually, it's a hyena. Don't you watch Animal Planet?

BEARMAN
10-01-2007, 07:26 PM
No

packers11
10-01-2007, 07:32 PM
How can you possibly taunt when your team is tied for the bottom of the division...

1-3...

Get positive than talk...

BEARMAN
10-01-2007, 07:34 PM
It's easy, ur the packers. :twisted:

Spaulding
10-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Keyword for the FIB's is HIBERNATION. Riddled by injuries, Benson looking like a bust (so glad Thomas Jones is gone) and retreads at QB results in back to Earth for the Bears this year.

However, should they beat the Packers it might be the catalyst to them getting back into contention. Just don't see it happening barring turnovers being gift wrapped by the Pack.

Bearman, might want to change the sign to "beerman" to signify the mass quantities of imbribed liquids to help you through this season. :D

oregonpackfan
10-01-2007, 08:41 PM
[quote="BEARMAN"]Scared ? :shock:

Yes, I bet you are scared, Bearman. Scared your team will soon go 1-4. Scared your team will not even finish the season 8-8. Scared that you will suddenly develop a craving for bratwurst, cheese curds, and Miller Lite! :)

Deputy Nutz
10-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Its all about playing smart ball.....keeping the ball away from the best player on the team - Hester is smart.

Wouldn't it be smart to keep the ball away from Brett?

Wait did you just say Hester was smart? So smart he can't figure out how to play offense?

FritzDontBlitz
10-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Scared ? :shock:

What, your sp teams aren't up to the task ?
Just play ball !

Hurry, ... go tell the pack, ... get ready, ... cos Da BEARS are coming ! :twisted:

there's only one problem with your analogy bearmam:

you still gotta kick it back to us.....

MadScientist
10-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Ya all never hear, the most dangerous animal is a wounded BEAR !

Hey Bearman, sorry to change the tone of this thread, but what is the situation with the injured for this week? I assume Vasher is still out. What about Harris, Tillman and the others?

MadtownPacker
10-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Ya all never hear, the most dangerous animal is a wounded BEAR !I thought bears where the most likely to hibernate when the weather gets bad? :lol: :lol: :duel:

gbpackfan
10-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Back to the topic of the post.

I never get when the talking heads say "don't kick to him!" Well, what are they suppose to do? Kick it out of bounds? Kick it to an up man? These aren't great answers either. The Bears aren't stupid (insert joke here) and they will put a speedy WR or RB in a position to grab a short kick after the Packers do it once or twice. You can't just give the ball to an NFL team at the 40+ yard line all the time. Now that's stupid. Hopefully the weather will be real nice and Crosby can pound them 7 yards deep into the endzone.

Punting, well that is a different story. Ryan better work on directional punts this week. Kick it out of bounds. Also, I would rather see him bang it into the endzone then give a punt return to Hester. I don't want to see Hester catching punts without first waiving his arm around.

Don't kid yourselfs boys, Devon Hester is very dangerous and the Packers have to play disciplined special teams this week. As far as whether or not to kick to him, NFL coaches go over scenario after scenario every week and I am sure they have a plan. There is a reason why NFL coaches kick to him every week. Probably because you don't have much choice.

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2007, 11:31 PM
how did this happen?

Only a month ago, people were saying that the Bears would run away with the division.

Now they are declawed. A bear skin rug to wipe your feet on.

MJZiggy
10-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Back to the topic of the post.

There was a topic?? Oh. Right. Bears. Kampman and KGB vs. Griese. They get to him once or twice and he will have the same problem as Wrex. He'll get flustered and forget about being careful with the ball. That gives Woodson, Harris and the rest of the secondary some wonderful opportunities if they can capitalize on them. On offense, like I asked BM, (BM?) Who on that defense is gonna be able to catch Brett Favre and with as accurate as he's been with his boys lately they are a very dangerous bunch (who'd have said that second game of preseason?) Maybe this game we can even practice our running game for a while...

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Tommie Harris is injured, both there starting corners are out, two of there safety’s are out, there offense is weak, and Favre is on fire.

I expecting lots of turnovers forced by our defense, and lots of TD passes by Brett. If we are a good team we will blow them out, especially at home. If we struggle to beat them, I will consider it as if the Bears won the game.

Packers: 31
Bears: 3

jramsey495
10-02-2007, 09:14 AM
this game scares me... i'm glad mccarthy didn't give them monday off and told them they got sloppy at the end on sunday.

the bears will be very motivated to win this game. a win against us can turn the tide in their season. i still remember lovie's opening press conference when he got hired. he said his number one goal every season was to beat the green bay packers. as much as i hate the bears, i like their coach and think he can get it done. we don't have as much to lose as they have to gain this week. they'll prolly get a few players back this week, too.

honestly, it reminds me of the beginning of the baseball season. the brewers weren't as good as their record and the cubs weren't as bad as theirs. we need to find a running game...

Packnut
10-02-2007, 09:18 AM
this game scares me... i'm glad mccarthy didn't give them monday off and told them they got sloppy at the end on sunday.

the bears will be very motivated to win this game. a win against us can turn the tide in their season. i still remember lovie's opening press conference when he got hired. he said his number one goal every season was to beat the green bay packers. as much as i hate the bears, i like their coach and think he can get it done. we don't have as much to lose as they have to gain this week. they'll prolly get a few players back this week, too.

honestly, it reminds me of the beginning of the baseball season. the brewers weren't as good as their record and the cubs weren't as bad as theirs. we need to find a running game...

Nothing to worry about. Lambeau will be rocking and Favre will continue to have the Bears D as his bitch!

Green Bud Packer
10-02-2007, 09:22 AM
this game scares me...

With their backs to the wall the Bears should be mean and hungry.

I think this will be one of the hardest fought games for the Pack all season.

It's the first Bear game which in my world is the official start to the Holiday season.

run pMc
10-02-2007, 09:55 AM
A little friendly trash talking is fine...Bearman can obviously take it and dish it out, so it's all good. It's not my style, so I'll skip it.

As for the topic...kicking to Hester? I'm sure Stock is cooking up schemes. I would tell Crosby to kick it out of the end zone, and Ryan to directionally kick or go for shorter kicks with crazy hang time. Crosby has the leg to do it, but Ryan's inconsistency is a little scary. Hester is a special KR/PR, so even with improved ST this year I'll be nervous everytime GB kicks (which hopefully is not often). Limiting Hester's opportunities may not be macho football, but (IMHO) it is smart football.

The Bears are beat up pretty good, but this game is still a big one. It's a division game, so all bets are off, plus there's a huge rivalry, and CHI gave up a boatload of pts to DET in the 4Q -- I think Urlacher is going to rally the D and give Favre and the O all they can handle. That's still a good defense, and they will play with pride and intensity. Hopefully GB matches it and smacks them in the mouth first (and last and always). That offense has trouble. Griese is almost as inconsistent as Rex...there's a reason he's a backup and bounced from team to team. He can't carry that team all season; but he might catch fire for a game or two. Hopefully it's not this week.

I think this game is similar to the MIN game -- borrowing a phrase from Harlan, the team most likely to beat the Packers is the Packers. It's about turnovers, staying healthy, and the GB playing stout D. CHI's WR's are better than MIN's, but they aren't scary.

Carolina_Packer
10-02-2007, 10:06 AM
For kickoffs to a dangerous returner, do you prefer low line drives that can bounce in front of them or away from them, or do you prefer high and deep? Obviously out the end-zone is most preferable, but I'd rather play percentages and not kick right to Hester. You don't let the other team's best player beat you if there is a better matchup to be had (the Packers D vs. the Bear O comes to mind). I like our special teams, but come on, why take the chance...it's like pitching to Ryan Braun when Geoff Jenkins is on-deck.

Packnut
10-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Kicking to Hester is not only suicidal, but just plain stupid. No reason for it.

Sure, your gonna sacrifice field position but it's not like this is a high powered offense.

oregonpackfan
10-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Nothing to worry about. Lambeau will be rocking...quote]

Lambeau will especially be rocking Sunday because the PackerRats will be there cheering on our beloved Packers!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

The Shadow
10-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Continue the solid 'D'.
Continue to stress smart decision-making/game-management.