PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald looking to fly out of Arizona?

Him8123
10-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Thursday, Sep 20, 2007 3:30 pm EDT

Don`t recall if this has been posted before on here or not, if so then my apologies.

Getty Images
Only two regular-season games into the Ken Whisenhunt era, rumors already are flying receiver Larry Fitzgerald is looking to leave the Arizona Cardinals when his rookie contract ends.

Fitzgerald, as the rumor goes, is not a big fan of Whisenhunt's run-based offense, and for good reason. Fitzgerald currently is averaging only five catches and 53.5 yards per game, which puts him on pace for 80 receptions and 856 receiving yards for the season. He currently has no receiving touchdowns in 2007.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

DannoMac21
10-01-2007, 06:46 PM
If he leaves it'll be to go to Minnesota.

Lurker64
10-01-2007, 07:03 PM

I think I'd be willing to contribute to his gas money budget if he wants to play a state away and commute...

Partial
10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
I think he'll go wherever pays him the most like 99% of players do.

Lurker64
10-01-2007, 07:32 PM

I honestly don't know if that's true. I'm sure there are a lot of players who take slightly less money to play in a situation they're happier in. I'm sure a lot of players take slight "paycuts" to play in cities they're comfortable in, with coaches they know and like, with players who are their friends, or on teams that are probable contenders.

BallHawk
10-01-2007, 07:40 PM

I honestly don't know if that's true. I'm sure there are a lot of players who take slightly less money to play in a situation they're happier in. I'm sure a lot of players take slight "paycuts" to play in cities they're comfortable in, with coaches they know and like, with players who are their friends, or on teams that are probable contenders.

Green Bay offered Justin Griffith more money than Oakland, but he ended up going to Oakland because he had connections with the Raider's staff.

pittstang5
10-01-2007, 08:08 PM
When's his rookie contract up?

BallHawk
10-01-2007, 08:32 PM
When's his rookie contract up?

He signed a 6-year contract in 2004 so he would be an FA after the 2009 season.

3irty1
10-01-2007, 08:40 PM
He'll leave the poor passing offense of the cardinals to go to the queens???

Deputy Nutz
10-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Gee, he might be positioning himself for an extension. 5 catches a game isn't to bad. Profootballtalk.com is a bit of a joke anyways, especially on stuff like this. Fitzgerald has two years left.

Cheesehead Craig
10-01-2007, 08:41 PM
To go to another run based team with a bad QB?

BallHawk
10-01-2007, 08:53 PM

He was a ballboy back in the days of Randy and Chris Carter. He has stated he'd like to go there in the past, but whether he'd still be willing to sacrifice money and a better team to play there, I doubt.

DannoMac21
10-01-2007, 09:33 PM

He was a ballboy back in the days of Randy and Chris Carter. He has stated he'd like to go there in the past, but whether he'd still be willing to sacrifice money and a better team to play there, I doubt.

Yeah like he said. He grew up in Minnesota and was a huge Viking fan, and has always said how he'd love to play for the Vikings. Fitz is my favorite player in the NFL, so for my sake, I hope to God he doesn't go to the Vikings.

HarveyWallbangers
10-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Only two regular-season games into the Ken Whisenhunt era, rumors already are flying receiver Larry Fitzgerald is looking to leave the Arizona Cardinals when his rookie contract ends.

Fitzgerald, as the rumor goes, is not a big fan of Whisenhunt's run-based offense, and for good reason. Fitzgerald currently is averaging only five catches and 53.5 yards per game, which puts him on pace for 80 receptions and 856 receiving yards for the season. He currently has no receiving touchdowns in 2007.

Fitzgerald had 16 catches for 240 yards the last two games, so I think he's probably pretty happy in Arizona now. Not to mention that Arizona has nice weather and looks like an intriguing, young team.

Rastak
10-01-2007, 09:48 PM

Fitzgerald had 16 catches for 240 yards the last two games, so I think he's probably pretty happy in Arizona now. Not to mention that Arizona has nice weather and looks like an intriguing, young team.

Plus Arizona isn't giving him away...it would cost ALOT to get him.

Lurker64
10-01-2007, 09:52 PM

Well, Leinart looks to be unhappy there with the "two QB system", Minnesota should try to get both him and Fitzgerald...

Rastak
10-01-2007, 09:54 PM

Well, Leinart looks to be unhappy there with the "two QB system", Minnesota should try to get both him and Fitzgerald...

Hey, you want the GM job?

I'd hire ya.....

RashanGary
10-01-2007, 09:59 PM
If I was Minny, I'd get a journeyman like Kitna to play QB. Other than that, I'd just take the TT approach to things and be oppertunisitic looking for the best talent.

They have a good base. The just need an average QB and they'll be a playoff team.

BallHawk
10-01-2007, 10:31 PM
If I was Minny, I'd get a journeyman like Kitna to play QB. Other than that, I'd just take the TT approach to things and be oppertunisitic looking for the best talent.

They have a good base. The just need an average QB and they'll be a playoff team.

If I was Minny I'd of gone after Jeff Garcia in the offseason.

3irty1
10-01-2007, 10:47 PM
They can't just go after any QB especially an old one. Its hard to teach an old dog a new offense. Otherwise Kurt Warner is the biggest prize in Arizona right now.

DannoMac21
10-01-2007, 11:44 PM

Or McCown. Or Carr. Or Trent Green. Or Schaub.

Rastak
10-01-2007, 11:47 PM

Or McCown. Or Carr. Or Trent Green. Or Schaub.

The last one I'd agree with....maybe McClown.....you can have the other two.