PDA

View Full Version : Watching and rewatching games

Cheesehead Craig
10-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Ok, how many of you guys (and gals) out there watch the game more than once? If so, how many hours/week to you watch the same game and "key on players" to do analysis?

HarveyWallbangers
10-01-2007, 09:13 PM
I've been able to watch a handful of games twice the last two seasons--when the NFL Channel has it on as one of its games of the week, and I can find the free time to watch it (e.g. it comes on after the wife and child go to bed). I watched the San Diego game twice, but not the first two games. I'm hoping this week's game will be rebroadcast. It should--with Favre breaking the record. I don't really key in on players because it's pretty hard to see how well most of the guys are doing from the TV broadcast (anybody but OL, DL, QB, and RB). There are occasions when I'll watch a guy--like Harrell this preseason and Hawk in the San Diego game.

Rastak
10-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Ok, how many of you guys (and gals) out there watch the game more than once? If so, how many hours/week to you watch the same game and "key on players" to do analysis?

I usually don;t key on players and run the tape back and forth but I will watch key plays a few times. I generally will watch the whole game a second time, ecspecially ones I saw at the stadium because you miss the small things when you are so mnuch further away from the action.

Partial
10-01-2007, 09:21 PM

I usually don;t key on players and run the tape back and forth but I will watch key plays a few times. I generally will watch the whole game a second time, ecspecially ones I saw at the stadium because you miss the small things when you are so mnuch further away from the action.

Oddly enough, I think its actually a lot easier to see whats going on at the stadium. The angle of the camera and its limited space on the field doesn't tell the whole tale. It is really hard to watch OL and DL and understand what is happening on TV without rewinding and fast forwarding. In person you can normally see who is winning the battle.

CHC, I don't really hone in a player because I have never been motivated to do so. I use a DVR now and I rewind and watch each running play about 3 times and watch very carefully as to what is happening with the OL.

Rastak
10-01-2007, 09:31 PM

Oddly enough, I think its actually a lot easier to see whats going on at the stadium. The angle of the camera and its limited space on the field doesn't tell the whole tale. It is really hard to watch OL and DL and understand what is happening on TV without rewinding and fast forwarding. In person you can normally see who is winning the battle.

CHC, I don't really hone in a player because I have never been motivated to do so. I use a DVR now and I rewind and watch each running play about 3 times and watch very carefully as to what is happening with the OL.

It's easier to see pass routes and stuff, but in a pile you need to see the replay. On TV it's right there.

A great example of a good stadium view was a play Sunday where Rice was approaching the DB and he (the db) cut inside and if Rice had then cut outside he would have been alone by ten yards but he cut inside. I'm sure that was the called route...but if he had altered it? Who knows....you'd never see that on TV.

DannoMac21
10-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I had to work yesterday from 2-6, so I missed the 2nd half and DVR'ed it. I watched the 2nd half yesterday and started watching the start of the game again today but fell asleep. That pass to James Jones was a thing of beauty.

fan4life
10-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I DVR the games and rewatch most plays a number of times, focusing on something different each time.

FritzDontBlitz
10-01-2007, 11:35 PM
i will sit and rewatch the entire recording of the game but i still will see a play or two (the desperation shovel pass in game one for example) where i will freeze it, watch it frame by frame to see how it developed and then rewind that same part and do it again. old gamefilm habits don't die hard i guess, i picked that up from scouting opponents when i played in high school and i guess it sticks with ya. 8-)

i might do this two or three times a week until the next game.