PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comments by a loyal Bears fan

Spaulding
10-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Have a few FIB friends that I actually respect as Bears fans that were loyal during the 90's and 2000+ and email banter back and forth and the most recent reply which was quite tempered was the following after my following email:

Seriously, tough to see all the injuries to your team. Just bad luck it appears. I know all too well how that goes when the Pack was decimated in 2005 due to injuries and were down to their 3rd string running back, minus at times three of their top receivers and varied injuries across the defensive side of the ball. A long season.

With that being said, I honestly believe that even before all the injuries the Bears were overrated going into the season after losing Tank, trading Jones, and starting Grossman.

Four games do no make a season but it's definitely looking bright for the Pack and grim for the Bears. Just hope they put up a little bit of a fight next week :)

Barring the constant supervision being on the suicide watch, how are things on your end???

His reply as an educated Bears fan living in Chi-town was:

We have problems beyond just Grossman. Your correct they should have attempted to keep Jones but people keep forgetting the facts. Thomas Jones wanted over 5 million per year to stay a Bear and be the featured back. His agent was Drew Rosenhaus so the Bears feared he would hold out and decided to honor his request to be traded to a East Coast team. When you draft a running back #4 in the first round he should be starting by week 4 his rookie season. Curtis “Enis-Salaam” Benson is yet another bust in my eyes. He does not show the “home run” ability he is supposed to possess and he is less of a punishing runner than Adrian Peterson.

The offensive line is not opening holes like last year and part of this is the basic and predictable offense they are running. We telegraph when it is run vs. pass. Then we have receivers that are not getting it done. Muhsin Muhammad and Bernard Berrian are dropping too many balls and at times running poor routes. Greg Olsen was not even thrown too against Detroit and he is a fast and excellent route runner. Doesn’t make sense what they are doing.

This is textbook Jerry Angelo on how he builds a team. He focused on defense at Tampa Bay. For years they had a top rated defense but the offense was subpar. I predict by week 7 Kyle Orton is in there and we just start playing rookies like Garrett Woulfe and Olsen to see what they have.

With that said we are down to our fifth string safety and DB’s in some spots. We may have one offensive lineman out as well as Lance Briggs. For some reason, Lovie has had good success at Lambeau Field in the past so we will see how things turn out. If the Offense can hold onto the ball and actually sustain drives than we have a very slim chance of winning. Other than that I’m planning on a top-10 draft pick 2008.

Sounds like the death knell for regressing Bears

BF4MVP
10-02-2007, 09:09 AM
That's actually a pretty objective viewpoint..I like it when Bears fans can give honest opinions..Props to your friend.

Carolina_Packer
10-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Yep, it's quite a different Bears team. Obviously, you don't want to go to sleep on any team. Any team can beat complacency and over-confidence. I think MM is coaching the team the right way and won't allow that to happen. Confidence is good and necessary, but over-confidence can get you your butt handed to you.

BF4MVP
10-02-2007, 12:36 PM
I think McCarthy cancelling "victory Monday" tells you that he's not going to let this team get complacent..That being said, that doesn't mean the Bears can't pull the upset. There has to be a reason most "experts" picked that team to run away with the division...right? Plus, division battles are always tough, especially a rivalry that goes back as far as Packers-Bears. If the Packers can do what they've been doing (and, hey, why not mix in a few running plays? :shock: ) they should be fine.

retailguy
10-02-2007, 12:43 PM
If this Bears fan was a packer fan and posted here, he'd be run out of the place for being too negative.

3irty1
10-02-2007, 01:06 PM
That being said, 2008 will be one UGLY season if the bears get a top 10 QB...

Partial
10-02-2007, 01:10 PM
If this Bears fan was a packer fan and posted here, he'd be run out of the place for being too negative.

This is the kind of back-handed SOG comments that tick people off.

Partial
10-02-2007, 01:11 PM
I think the Bears are on a cold streak and are under-performing right now. I would not for a second count them out and chalk up a victory tally already for this weekend.

I think its going to be a very close game. I am hoping the 12th man (the PR crew) will help bring home a tight victory.

The Leaper
10-02-2007, 01:16 PM

McNabb will be a Bear in 2008.

BF4MVP
10-02-2007, 01:30 PM
:roll:

3irty1
10-02-2007, 01:35 PM

McNabb will be a Bear in 2008.

I actually think he might be a Viking but either way I already hate him so its all good.

retailguy
10-02-2007, 02:05 PM

Maybe so, but it is still true. Deal with it.

Partial
10-02-2007, 02:20 PM

Maybe so, but it is still true. Deal with it.

You should go and read Skins post. I think he made the point loud and clear as to why you feel attacked and whatnot.

Scott Campbell
10-02-2007, 03:32 PM

I thought only Mods could do that.

SkinBasket
10-02-2007, 03:33 PM

I thought only Mods could do that.

He might ban himself to make his own point. That would be very satirical of him.

PackerBlues
10-02-2007, 04:30 PM

Ya, but he would have to say it repeatedly, at least once or twice a month........
:twisted: :taunt: heh heh :D

FritzDontBlitz
10-02-2007, 04:51 PM
teams are always capable of upsetting better teams, hence the "any given sunday" analogy. what they are speaking to is the fact that the bears do not have the tools they need to even compete for a division title, no matter what happens at lambeau next week. their defense is falling apart, their offensive line is terrible, they have no qb, their playcalling is predictable and they traded their running game to the jets.

what they gonna do, expect devin hester to return every punt?

retailguy
10-02-2007, 04:55 PM

Ya, but he would have to say it repeatedly, at least once or twice a month........
:twisted: :taunt: heh heh :D

Good one. I only have to say it once. It'll get repeated 3000 times! :wink:

MJZiggy
10-02-2007, 05:01 PM
what they gonna do, expect devin hester to return every punt?

Evidently...

Spaulding
10-02-2007, 05:40 PM

The big difference quite obviously is that the Bears are 1-3 in what was supposed to be a potential Superbowl run whereas the Packers are 4-0 when little was expected of them.

Even given the initial expectations I'd think it would be legitimate to say that you'd be gaining followers in your camp for the ouster of Thompson if the Pack was 1-3 at this point.

Moot though is that point as we are fricking FOUR and OH Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

retailguy
10-02-2007, 05:43 PM

The big difference quite obviously is that the Bears are 1-3 in what was supposed to be a potential Superbowl run whereas the Packers are 4-0 when little was expected of them.

Even given the initial expectations I'd think it would be legitimate to say that you'd be gaining followers in your camp for the ouster of Thompson if the Pack was 1-3 at this point.

Moot though is that point as we are fricking FOUR and OH Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. :P Gaining followers is not my goal... I just want the best team possible. just believe in building it a different way... i stand by my point though. :wink: