PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 for the Sports Betters in here

3irty1
10-02-2007, 03:41 PM
The NFL has been pretty unpredictable this year but to me this just means the public is giving some great deals :)

I bet on almost every game but this week there is another steal.

From Bodog:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers +10½ (-115)
Indianapolis Colts -10½ (-105)

Both of these teams have injuries to their star running backs. Both teams have serviceable backups at RB but Indianapolis lost linebacker Rob Morris and the all important Bob Sanders.

I'm not saying that TB will straight out win this game... but 10.5 is a pretty hefty spread.

retailguy
10-02-2007, 05:06 PM
The NFL has been pretty unpredictable this year but to me this just means the public is giving some great deals :)

I bet on almost every game but this week there is another steal.

From Bodog:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers +10½ (-115)
Indianapolis Colts -10½ (-105)

Both of these teams have injuries to their star running backs. Both teams have serviceable backups at RB but Indianapolis lost linebacker Rob Morris and the all important Bob Sanders.

I'm not saying that TB will straight out win this game... but 10.5 is a pretty hefty spread.

Even at 10.5, I still wouldn't take the Bucs in this game. They've struggled with the OL the past couple of years. Was looking pretty good this year until they lost Pettigout. I think they could be screwed.

Now watch 'em win. :wink:

packers11
10-02-2007, 05:28 PM
I've taken the packers on two games...

The giants game... The vikings game...

I won both...

I might go with the packers -3 this weekend...

The Pats last night -7 was a STEAL!!!

As for this week, everything looks pretty even, i'm not sure yet... The only one i'm sure of is packers -3 as of right now...

Borderline bets:
Steelers -6 vs seahawks...
atl + 9 vs titans...

retailguy
10-02-2007, 05:37 PM

I won both...

As for this week, everything looks pretty even, i'm not sure yet... The only one i'm sure of is packers -3 as of right now...

Borderline bets:
atl + 9 vs titans...

I'm not so sure that -3 is a sure thing. If Chicago can stop the short pass, we're in trouble. can they do that? probably not, but this team is one dimensional on offense right now. one dimension does not equal sure things. they should win this game, but Houston should have beat ATL last week, and SD should have beaten KC too.

keep your money in your wallet...

packers11
10-02-2007, 05:39 PM

you'll be eating your words when Favre leads the packers to 5-0 :) ...

retailguy
10-02-2007, 05:41 PM

you'll be eating your words when Favre leads the packers to 5-0 :) ...

But, I'll still have my money, AND the joy of a win. I always lose a "sure thing". That tells me that there are NO sure things.

Packnut
10-02-2007, 06:04 PM

I won both...

Borderline bets:

atl + 9 vs titans...

Damn straight the Pats were a steal last night. I loaded up with 1st quarter and first half bets besides laying the 7. Won't see an easier bet all season.....