PDA

View Full Version : Favre/ARod

HarveyWallbangers
10-02-2007, 04:34 PM
If Favre keeps playing like he is, I hope he stays around for a few more years. However, you have to feel for ARod a bit. It has to be tough sitting on the bench for 3 or more years. I'm glad his attitude is still good.

Two questions:

1) Favre's decision making this year has been rock solid. I continually hear McCarthy's phrase about not throwing "late over the middle" and it seems like Favre has cut down on that a lot. How much credit do you give McCarthy for Favre's game management?

2) McCarthy made the comment, when talking about Tavaris Jackson, that it is ideal for a QB to play in his 3rd year. This is Rodgers 3rd year and he looked "ready" in the pre-season. Assuming a likely scenario of the Packers making the playoffs but not winning the Super Bowl, I have to think that Favre comes back in 2008. Do you think that the most likely option, then, is that Rodgers gets traded and we draft a QB from a stable of pretty good options (Brennen, Brohm, Woodson, Booty, etc)? He's gotta be "chomping at the bit" and from what I understand, he's missing out on a lot of $ due to lack of playing time.

MIKE VANDERMAUSE: McCarthy tries to downplay his role in Favre’s decision-making and great start, but I am convinced the coach has a little something to do with Favre’s performance this season. For starters, he stresses not making mistakes. In addition, he displays a lot of confidence in Favre and has let him call or change more plays at the line of scrimmage than ever before. I think McCarthy and Favre have an excellent working relationship.

As for Aaron Rodgers’ future, I still believe it will be in Green Bay. I think Favre will stick around through 2008 and ride the current Packers’ resurgence to a potential deep playoff run. Rodgers told the Press-Gazette’s Rob Demovsky a couple weeks ago he wouldn’t ask for a trade, even if Favre stays beyond this season.

Freak Out
10-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Rogers understands that the Packers are being built for the future and he is part of that. Favre is not going to play forever and his time will come. Even if old #4 plays in 2008 he probably will not go beyond that....or will he? :lol: :lol:

]{ilr]3
10-02-2007, 04:51 PM
A-Rod was quite young when he was drafted as well. He might not be over 25 years old at this point, so even if Favre plays anouther year, he has a lot of years to play left in him .

retailguy
10-02-2007, 05:02 PM
A-rod could be in a great position. He might be good, but might not be. If Favre comes back for 2008 and doesn't get hurt, A-Rod will be renegotiating to a certain degree on "potential". Therefore he might get a shorter term deal, with the potential for another contract down the road.

Plus, he'll have a better supporting cast surrounding him, than he would have had last year, or this year, so that'll help too.

Collecting 7mill, or whatever it was to hold the clipboard for Favre is a pretty good gig, I guess. I'd be too competitive for it, but hey, it's not a bad consolation prize though, you know?

HarveyWallbangers
10-02-2007, 08:53 PM
The money is all well and good, but I'm sure ARod has some pride, and would like to make his mark on the league. What if he turns out to be a great player? Then, he'll have sat for at least 3 (and who knows, maybe 4 or 5) years of his career. Don't get me wrong, I hope Favre continues to play and play well, but it has to be a tough situation for him.

Rastak
10-02-2007, 09:10 PM
The money is all well and good, but I'm sure ARod has some pride, and would like to make his mark on the league. What if he turns out to be a great player? Then, he'll have sat for at least 3 (and who knows, maybe 4 or 5) years of his career. Don't get me wrong, I hope Favre continues to play and play well, but it has to be a tough situation for him.

Yea, I've been saying that for a while....but damn, Favre is lights out this season. How can you push him out the door when he's playing like this? And how can Rodgers just sit tight for it?

Jimx29
10-02-2007, 11:07 PM
[quote="HarveyWallbangers"]If Favre keeps playing like he is, I hope he stays around for a few more years. However, you have to feel for ARod a bit. It has to be tough sitting on the bench for 3 or more years. I'm glad his attitude is still good.

[quote]I'd have a pretty good attitude too if alls I did game day was carry around a clipboard and make 1.8 mil.(?) doing that

Partial
10-02-2007, 11:11 PM

I think if Favre commits to next year they will have to hope Rodgers has a big pre-season and shop him. It actually kind of sucks for the Packers to be in that situation, but it would be pretty disrespectful to him to keep him riding the pine for a 4th season.

woodbuck27
10-03-2007, 03:14 AM
How many truly great players ever come along in the NFL (Question mark).

The saying the cream rises to the top applies to two players that are to date this season playing as well as they ever have.

Both of these players have set NFL records in the first four seasonal games of 2007.

One of them is a Great Green Bay Packer QB that most Packer fans love and respect. QB Brett Favre. We are well aware of what Brett has done to start this season leading our team to four victories.

We ponder how he got his level of play to where it has gotten through four games.

I believe that he prepared himself carefully for this season, starting with his ankle surgery to remove bone spurs. He also did a wee bit of Packer PR work to attempt to see the other great player (see below) in his locker room. As events transpired Favre was disappointed and just maybe a little pissed.

We know what happens when Favre is upset. Rather than lay down he reacts as all greats do. He simply buckles in to doing what is necessary to overcome any pain, hurt or disappointment. To overcome adversity. To try harder to win.

Great football players only want to and play to win.

The other player was in the sights of Favre who coveted him as a teammate, the remarkable WR Randy Moss who found his happy place in New England. He found his great talents again matched up with another great QB in Tom Brady.

Randy Moss placed exclamation marks after his greatness last night in another easy New England victory over the Cincinatti Bengals.

Last night Randy Moss set an NFL record for the first four games of a regular season. Again and for four consecutive games Randy Moss made receptions for over 100 yards to set a record of accomplishment never done before in the long history of the NFL and the forward pass.

Great players learn before they enter the NFL how to determine their own greatness with results that are easily recognized. They are so in your face great that their greatness is obvious to most. It is obvious because of the excitment they return to us as fans while exhibiting that greatness.

How is greatness acquired (Question mark). I feel it just is inside of a particular football player.

Now I turn to the question of whether or not I should feel sorry, or in my guts, bad for a backup QB named Aaron Rodgers. A young and really untested NFL QB who may well ride again behind Favre in 2008.

My response to that is easy.

NO!

What has Aaron Rodgers ever done for me (and for you) as a Packer fan, to inspire any feelings, even remotely resembling obvious greatness at his position of QB (Question Mark)

Brett Favre has always exibited obvious potential greatness as he developed in his chosen sport of football. .fr HS - to College - to the NFL.

Randy Moss has showed us his greatness as a Viking and before he entered the NFL.

Favre and Moss cannot be beaten for the high level of play they deliver to us. Some fans hunger to see that greatness and support longer careers for both of these exceptional football players because we realize that greatness is rare.

A choice between Favre and Aaron Rodgers is too easy because I want to enjoy greatness. Greatness is as rare as Favre is great.

I cannot enjoy greatness and feel sorry for the backup QB, for the logical conclusion that Favre hopefully will take that greatness again to another stage for the 2008 season and possibly more seasons.

GO PACKERS !

Partial
10-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Seriously? Again? You somehow managed to take a thread about Favre playing longer than expected, and how that will affect A-Rod and turned it into a TT discussion? Seriously?

Nobody respond to this clown. Jesus H.

The Leaper
10-03-2007, 10:16 AM
If Favre keeps playing like he is, I hope he stays around for a few more years. However, you have to feel for ARod a bit. It has to be tough sitting on the bench for 3 or more years. I'm glad his attitude is still good.

It is easier to smile when you are pulling down a seven figure salary.

The Leaper
10-03-2007, 10:22 AM
{ilr]3]A-Rod was quite young when he was drafted as well. He might not be over 25 years old at this point, so even if Favre plays anouther year, he has a lot of years to play left in him .

Actually, I don't think Rodgers is even 24 yet. Even if Favre plays 2 more years, Rodgers would still have a lengthy career ahead of him if he stayed in Green Bay.

Considering Rodgers looked solid in preseason this year, I doubt Green Bay will hold any interest in trying to move him. You will need a very good QB to step in when Favre eventually does hang it up...not some kid with a year or 2 of experience.

cpk1994
10-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Seriously? Again? You somehow managed to take a thread about Favre playing longer than expected, and how that will affect A-Rod and turned it into a TT discussion? Seriously?

I agree, and I rest my case, your honor.

Deputy Nutz
10-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Steve Young was one of the better QBs in the 90s and is a Hall of Fame QB. He had to sit a long time behind Montana even though people in the organization knew that Young had way more potential and talent than Montana, but you simply could not replace Montana on talent alone. Young had to what until Montana suffered a season ending injury against the Giants to be acknowledged as the starter in San Fran. Then the next season Montana went to Kansas City for a draft pick, Montana was happy, Young was happy, and the 49ers were happy.

Favre most likely won't play anywhere else, but at the same time Rodgers is no Steve Young, he is right handed.

AtlPackFan
10-03-2007, 02:59 PM

Two questions:

1) Favre's decision making this year has been rock solid. I continually hear McCarthy's phrase about not throwing "late over the middle" and it seems like Favre has cut down on that a lot. How much credit do you give McCarthy for Favre's game management?

2) McCarthy made the comment, when talking about Tavaris Jackson, that it is ideal for a QB to play in his 3rd year. This is Rodgers 3rd year and he looked "ready" in the pre-season. Assuming a likely scenario of the Packers making the playoffs but not winning the Super Bowl, I have to think that Favre comes back in 2008. Do you think that the most likely option, then, is that Rodgers gets traded and we draft a QB from a stable of pretty good options (Brennen, Brohm, Woodson, Booty, etc)? He's gotta be "chomping at the bit" and from what I understand, he's missing out on a lot of $ due to lack of playing time.

MIKE VANDERMAUSE: McCarthy tries to downplay his role in Favre’s decision-making and great start, but I am convinced the coach has a little something to do with Favre’s performance this season. For starters, he stresses not making mistakes. In addition, he displays a lot of confidence in Favre and has let him call or change more plays at the line of scrimmage than ever before. I think McCarthy and Favre have an excellent working relationship.

As for Aaron Rodgers’ future, I still believe it will be in Green Bay. I think Favre will stick around through 2008 and ride the current Packers’ resurgence to a potential deep playoff run. Rodgers told the Press-Gazette’s Rob Demovsky a couple weeks ago he wouldn’t ask for a trade, even if Favre stays beyond this season.

I would have to think that Rodgers is simply speaking the company line, saying what he needs to say to avoid controversy. But I also feel that he has to be chomping at the bit to play and I wouldn't at all be surprised that if Favre comes back in 2008 that Rodgers - behind closed doors - asks to be traded.

Any athlete who gets to this level is going to want to play and prove themselves. I can't believe Rodgers would be personally happy in any way, shape or form with holding a clipboard...happy for the team and the fact that they are winning, but not personally with not playing.

AtlPackFan
10-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Steve Young was one of the better QBs in the 90s and is a Hall of Fame QB. He had to sit a long time behind Montana even though people in the organization knew that Young had way more potential and talent than Montana, but you simply could not replace Montana on talent alone. Young had to what until Montana suffered a season ending injury against the Giants to be acknowledged as the starter in San Fran. Then the next season Montana went to Kansas City for a draft pick, Montana was happy, Young was happy, and the 49ers were happy.

Favre most likely won't play anywhere else, but at the same time Rodgers is no Steve Young, he is right handed.

Wasn't Young picked up by San Fran after he flamed out in Tampa? Didn't he look like a bust there?

The Leaper
10-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Any athlete who gets to this level is going to want to play and prove themselves. I can't believe Rodgers would be personally happy in any way, shape or form with holding a clipboard...happy for the team and the fact that they are winning, but not personally with not playing.

I think Favre's window is pretty well defined. I doubt he plays more than 2 more years after 2007, and is likely to only play 1 more year.

I don't see why Rodgers would demand a trade away from Green Bay...where he has gained comfort in the system and the players in the system. He'll be starting over from scratch somewhere else.

Rodgers, to this point, seems to be pretty down-to-earth about his situation...and is just soaking it all in. I've seen more of him talking to Favre this year on the sidelines than I ever have in the past. I think that speaks to Rodgers maturity and growth as a player, and that he recognizes the valuable position he has to parlay wisdom on the game from Favre.

HarveyWallbangers
10-03-2007, 03:12 PM
I think Favre's window is pretty well defined. I doubt he plays more than 2 more years after 2007, and is likely to only play 1 more year.

People have been saying that for 3 years. Favre is a freak. If he keeps playing like this, he might pull a Roger Clemens and play into his 40s. Warren Moon played effectively until around 43, didn't he?

HarveyWallbangers
10-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Wasn't Young picked up by San Fran after he flamed out in Tampa? Didn't he look like a bust there?

Correct. He went to the USFL, bombed out with Tampa Bay, and then went to the 49ers.

AtlPackFan
10-03-2007, 03:15 PM

I don't see why Rodgers would demand a trade away from Green Bay...where he has gained comfort in the system and the players in the system. He'll be starting over from scratch somewhere else.

Rodgers, to this point, seems to be pretty down-to-earth about his situation...and is just soaking it all in. I've seen more of him talking to Favre this year on the sidelines than I ever have in the past. I think that speaks to Rodgers maturity and growth as a player, and that he recognizes the valuable position he has to parlay wisdom on the game from Favre.

He may be comfortable in this system, with the players, etc. but he isn't playing. If Favre situation IS well defined and Rodgers KNOWS he has this year and maybe one more year after that to sit, then I can see him saying OK and smiling.

But if the decision isn't defined, if the organization tells him "its up to Brett", then I can't believe he is going to be happy sitting if Brett comes back in '08 with no guarantees its his team in '09.

I'm probably wrong...I usually am...but I just can't see someone who has made it to this level being happy with sitting 4-5 years.

b bulldog
10-03-2007, 05:22 PM
If I was Arod and I thought Brett would still be around another two years, I'd say pay me like a second tier starter or let me see what I am worth.

4and12to12and4
10-03-2007, 07:29 PM

My thoughts exactly. And AR is only 25. Hell, he could be a rookie this year according to his age, so being able to watch Favre play while he is in his early 20's can only help him. The guys a millionaire and doesn't do shit. I don't feel sorry for him. And if he got in the year he was drafted he would be just like Alex Smith, stinking it up the first two years, getting the shit knocked out of him. With his lack of presence of pressure, his career might already be over due to injury. He seems to improve each offseason and will get his chance, he's still very young. He's fine.

retailguy
10-03-2007, 08:14 PM

Maybe you should give him your forum ettiquette speech?

3irty1
10-03-2007, 10:37 PM

That wasn't about TT at all. TT's name wasn't even mentioned. Can't a guy say "Randy Moss" without getting called names?

Deputy Nutz
10-03-2007, 11:08 PM

Correct. He went to the USFL, bombed out with Tampa Bay, and then went to the 49ers.

He was traded to San Fran, but the potential was always there, everyone bombed out in Tampa Bay.

woodbuck27
10-04-2007, 02:00 AM

READ it Partial and cut out your immature BS.

Maybe try to grow the HELL up Partial.

Nowhere in that post do I make reference to Ted Thompson.

You are becoming a real bite in the arse to yourself so grow the H up.

When I think of greatness and current players. Then Favre is on my list and sorry sonny, if I happen to respect the game that Randy Moss has now that he is in New England. Maybe your too busy to check him out.

Randy Moss is having an awesome year to date.

Maybe you should expand a tad and if given a chance watch Randy Moss instead of getting all closeted over him or even the sight of his name.

I am not just a Packer fan but love the NFL as well. I am an NFL fan.

YOU should know that as a fact Partial. If that does not sit well with you for any personal reason then deal with it in yourself.

You have a serious issue boy.

Stop calling for pileing on Partial.

Find some maturity please.

You are just one member of this forum.

LEWCWA
10-04-2007, 03:00 AM

I see no discussion of TT on this thread. What in the sam hell are you talking about?

LEWCWA
10-04-2007, 03:02 AM
I agree Woodbuck, didn't see you called him out on this. I think ole boy is so enamored with his post count he fails to realize most of the time he is saying nothing!

LEWCWA
10-04-2007, 03:06 AM
Another thing, I thought that was one of the better post I have seen/read in a long time. Every word true! Greatness is very rare, don't rush it out the door!

Partial just remove foot from mouth and apologize!

cpk1994
10-04-2007, 09:29 AM

READ it Partial and cut out your immature BS.

Maybe try to grow the HELL up Partial.

Nowhere in that post do I make reference to Ted Thompson.

You are becoming a real bite in the arse to yourself so grow the H up.

When I think of greatness and current players. Then Favre is on my list and sorry sonny, if I happen to respect the game that Randy Moss has now that he is in New England. Maybe your too busy to check him out.

Randy Moss is having an awesome year to date.

Maybe you should expand a tad and if given a chance watch Randy Moss instead of getting all closeted over him or even the sight of his name.

I am not just a Packer fan but love the NFL as well. I am an NFL fan.

YOU should know that as a fact Partial. If that does not sit well with you for any personal reason then deal with it in yourself.

You have a serious issue boy.

Stop calling for pileing on Partial.

Find some maturity please.

You are just one member of this forum.

You certainly have proven my point of taking a thread that isn't about Moss and turning it into one. God I love it when Im right.

Partial
10-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Please stop picking on me (period)

we all know the intentions fr. Woodbuck's post (period)

What we have here is a sly attempt :) fr. Woodbuck to show that Randy Moss' greatness would fit well within the Packers.

Ted Thompson lacks the confidence and integrity to build a winner (period)

After all, why isn't he a Green Bay Packer (question mark)

We as Green Bay Packer fans must unite and stand together for greatness. Not for Thompson :)

Go Pack Go!

/woodbuck

He was obviously trying to stir the pot. When I think of greatness I think of greatness on and off the field and improvement as a character. Smoking pot and playing when you want to play are not great qualities.

As for forum ettiquette RG, you would be a lot better off if you listened to what I say. You are an ass to people and when ever anyone says anything to you you feel attacked like its some vendetta. No one would want to rub it in your face if you didn't feel the need to rub shit in theirs first and be an ass to them.

woodbuck27
10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Please stop picking on me (period)

we all know the intentions fr. Woodbuck's post (period)

What we have here is a sly attempt :) fr. Woodbuck to show that Randy Moss' greatness would fit well within the Packers.

Ted Thompson lacks the confidence and integrity to build a winner (period)

After all, why isn't he a Green Bay Packer (question mark)

We as Green Bay Packer fans must unite and stand together for greatness. Not for Thompson :)

Go Pack Go!

/woodbuck

He was obviously trying to stir the pot. When I think of greatness I think of greatness on and off the field and improvement as a character. Smoking pot and playing when you want to play are not great qualities.

As for forum ettiquette RG, you would be a lot better off if you listened to what I say. You are an ass to people and when ever anyone says anything to you you feel attacked like its some vendetta. No one would want to rub it in your face if you didn't feel the need to rub shit in theirs first and be an ass to them.

/woodbuck

He was obviously trying to stir the pot. When I think of greatness I think of greatness on and off the field and improvement as a character. Smoking pot and playing when you want to play are not great qualities. . Partial

Again an example of your immaturity and lack of ability in your personality and degree of human growth to not judge people who are like us all, imperfect.

Guessing then that you never smoked Pot Partial. One day it may be legalized for it has many good benefits one of which is to deal with chronic pain and extreme stress. 8-)

I would also advise considering it for anyone who is annally retentive as an alternative to regular psychlogical therapy. In moderation, of course.

All the same to not appreciate all that Randy Moss is as a football player is to not be open to his talents and the impact he serves on a game when he has a decent QB to get the ball to him.

With the Vikings - Cullpepper and now Tom Brady in New England. It is my analysis Partial that Randy Moss did not have that QB in Oakland so he was a waste of great talent in that city.

Partial I was not in fact stiring any pot. That is the TRUTH young fella.

I was posting specifically on two great NFL players Favre and Moss and my most recent observations of then in terms of their futures in the NFL . Based on how they could prolong that greatness as a result of personal growth and the confidence of others to allow them the opportunity to expand just there.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it and you will take a giant step Partial. :)

Be careful.

Now again you make the Cardinal error of deciding that you are special and perceive yourself as someone that can influence others on this forum to blackball another member or members. For what !!!

Is it this . . .

It is my analysis that the people here that love our team as much as you do Partial simply feel that our GM must tear up his agenda and build one bigger and better. Another plan Stan sorta thing. Examine and revise. An exercise of growth.

Seems to me that Brett Favre is elevating to another level of his greatness because he may have gotten just there. (Just maybe)

Try harder to get over yourself Partial and I am pulling for you.

Open your mind to at least try to understand all people and their point of view. As all have something to teach you if you decide to open yourself to them. Never fancy yourself better than anyone, nor another person as having wisdom useless to you.

GBRulz
10-04-2007, 08:52 PM
You wonder if AR will become a FA before he even gets an NFL start!

MJZiggy
10-04-2007, 08:55 PM

Wouldn't that be great?

oregonpackfan
10-04-2007, 09:10 PM

Wouldn't that be great?

Oh, ye of little faith! Don't you think ARod is future all-Pro material? :)

MJZiggy
10-04-2007, 10:08 PM
I was salivating over the thought of Favre playing through A-Rod's total rookie contract... :clap:

woodbuck27
10-05-2007, 08:50 AM
I was salivating over the thought of Favre playing through A-Rod's total rookie contract... :clap:

mj:

That has been the TRUTH underlying my posts RE: restoring our offense ASAP.

I totally am dedicated to winning behind Favre at QB. He is my choice for #1 QB has been and as long as he demonstrates the ability to lead us in win or defeat I support Favre. If he had not changed his style of play I believe that Brett Favre would have faltered. Not having a running game has placed a lot on his capable shoulders but he cannot go on as he has after 4-0 can he, or maybe he will.

I fear those options as being not enough. I want to see our running game restored to a lot bettger than 32nd in the NFL. That is beyond frustrating.

Packer teams always try to control the battle of the clock by dragging it out on the ground. Now that option is off the radar screen. The play book is greatly reduced in terms of offensive options to attack the oppositions defense and rest our defense and score points.

It is vital to reduce time on the field for our defense or we will have our depth there severely tested.

Back to Favre and Rodgers:

In simple terms - my concerns that Favre would be forced out due the drafting of Aaron Rodgers, when I felt that Favre still had it to lead us with proper support.

My fears that Favre was not getting that support have been moved to the side (to date) by the communications bet. Favre and MM and QB coach that has all contributed to Brett and elevating his game to where we enjoy the results.

4-0 and. . . we all trust to soon become 5-0 defeating the Bears this Sunday. :)

GO PACKERS !

MadtownPacker
10-05-2007, 08:54 AM

In simple terms - my concerns that Favre would be forced out due the drafting of Aaron Rodgers when I felt that Favre still had it to lead us with proper support.But the thing is, offensive weapons have been drafted. Had TMurphy stayed healthy we would be talking about how the Pack WRs where the best set in the NFL. As it is I am starting to think that way.

woodbuck27
10-05-2007, 09:35 AM

In simple terms - my concerns that Favre would be forced out due the drafting of Aaron Rodgers when I felt that Favre still had it to lead us with proper support.But the thing is, offensive weapons have been drafted. Had TMurphy stayed healthy we would be talking about how the Pack WRs where the best set in the NFL. As it is I am starting to think that way.

Yes Mad.

We all felt the pain of losing a wonderful WR and leadership prospect in Terrence Murphy.

It seemed to us that our GM made a good selection in TM and I cannot speak for all but personally I came to respect that draft pick.

I believe that we lost a potentially solid Packer and the loss of TM was very sad for me.

Since TM our GM has selected other players to fill at WR that are doing pretty good. Greg Jennings and James Jones are obvious solid prospects for our present and future.

We hope they both have better luck than befell Terence Murphy.

Our GM also drafted Cory Rodgers (now in the CFL) and David Clowney ( recently claimed bt the Jets off our PR ). As well our GM drafted a WR fr. UCLA Craig Bragg.

Our GM brought in a FA wr as well that can make plays when given a shot. I really support Ruvell Martin and more opportunity to produce. With DD, Greg Jennings and James Jones he is serving as a serviceble and dependable #4 WR.

Now I hope that the running game is addressed ASAP and before this season goes much further. If that is not made a priority ASAP then I bellieve we will slip against the better teams.

On this forum I sense that most posters are getting it.

Deputy Nutz wrote an accurate analysis of our needs to go as far as possible in 2007. I totally support his analysis.

We have to step up on the running game. We discuss what might be done as avenues to get the criticle running game restored to some respectability.

We are merely Packer fans here at Packerrats and I add knowlegeble Packer fans. The dedication we have here as Packer fans as a whole is outstanding and we all will not agree on all issues and their solutions.

I certainly hold that any member of this forum has his or her rights of free speach contained within some reasonable comportment.

My concern is that at times that fundamentle right is being deferred (even attacked) by posters that hold no time for those of us that only desire wins for our team and make suggestions to secure that end and are mocked or otherwise held in distain for being ourselves.

That is not a complaint, merely my personal observation and I place it before this forum.

Let each poster decide his corner his position but never forget we all have the best interests of the green bay Packers in our collective hearts.

WE ARE PACKER FANS !

GO PACK GO !!

GBRulz
10-05-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm hoping our running game will come around soon, too, Woody. In fact, nothing would make me more happy than for us to gain 100+ yards against the Bears and their great D. That would be the daggar into the start of their 1-4 season....that the NFL's worst running team finally broke out against them....and for all of the National TV audience to witness :lol:

To keep this post on pace with the topic...um.. I predict AR will have another stellar night holding that clipboard. :lol:

GO PACK :glug:

MJZiggy
10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm hoping our running game will come around soon, too, Woody. In fact, nothing would make me more happy than for us to gain 100+ yards against the Bears and their great D. That would be the daggar into the start of their 1-4 season....that the NFL's worst running team finally broke out against them....and for all of the National TV audience to witness :lol:

To keep this post on pace with the topic...um.. I predict AR will have another stellar night holding that clipboard. :lol:

Amen, Sistah!! Can't wait to see it happen live!!!

Zool
10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
And cashing checks. The 3rd year of his rookie deal was when the salary really started jumping I believe.

woodbuck27
10-05-2007, 10:14 AM

M.

I believe that MM has to make a decision as to who is our #1,#2 and #3 RB this week in practise and go for it.

This is a good match-up to try to attack via the run M., as the Bears DL is hurting. Then we face the Redskins. Then we rest.

The thread that mmmdk put up on our forum this AM ( Odds are against poor running teams ) , and the post by Maxie the Taxi really gets to the heart of this issue. Supports Deputy Nutz in his analysis following the Vikings game.

Bottom line.

Somehow we need to establish a lot more ability to keep the clock on our side. Best way is via running the ball.

WE have to prepare for the Denver game, as again Maxie shows us we will have our pass attack severely tested by the Broncos.

GO PACKERS !