PDA

View Full Version : I think Im scared of Adrian Peterson....

MadtownPacker
10-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Cant believe any man wearing purple would ever worry me but after last Sunday I am seriously worried about having to see this guy 2X a years for the next 5 years. He is crazy buff and fast and everything you could want in a RB. I fear he is going to be the next LT. The only thing that can hold him back is getting hurt which with his rough, abusive running style could happen but damn, he is a monster.

RashanGary
10-02-2007, 08:54 PM
I voted yes. I think Patler had a good comparison of a young Green (without the fumbles)

I think Green is a borderline HOFer. That is no insult at all to compare him to Ahman Green.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2007, 08:55 PM
I forgot to mention, at the end of the game after Favre had kneeled the ball the camera zoomed on AP and instead of looking content that had he played a great game you can tell he was totally bummed about losing. Hope the run D tightens up before the next meeting.

Harlan Huckleby
10-02-2007, 08:56 PM
he looks great. Running backs have a tendency to peak and fade quickly, you never know who is gonna stick for a long career.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2007, 08:56 PM
I voted yes. I think Patler had a good comparison of a young Green (without the fumbles)

I think Green is a borderline HOFer. That is no insult at all to compare him to Ahman Green.I agree with comparing him to Ahman but thing about this guy is that he looks like Ahman did in 2003 but it is only his 4th game!!

RashanGary
10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Green gets underestimated here. I remember the first time watching Green play. I thought to myself "This isn't even like watching Packer football, that guy is amazing"

He was a true dominate force. He was overshadowed by Brett and the Packers never won any SB's with Green but he was a true stud IMO. I think he's underrated here because we remember the last year or two more than those amazing years. Even when he was young and only racking up 1200 yards, he was earning every yard and making the line look better than it was with the young OT's.

Other than Reggie White and Brett Favre, Green is the most impressive Packer I've watched.

Rastak
10-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Green gets underestimated here. I remember the first time watching Green play. I thought to myself "This isn't even like watching Packer football, that guy is amazing"

He was a true dominate force. He was overshadowed by Brett and the Packers never won any SB's with Green but he was a true stud IMO. I think he's underrated here because we remember the last year or two more than those amazing years. Even when he was young and only racking up 1200 yards, he was earning every yard and making the line look better than it was with the young OT's.

Green was very very good. I had to admit that after a few years of watching him. Fast and quick. Peterson has those qualities also. He should be a great back for years to come.

gbpackfan
10-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Now we to know, to a lesser extent, of how our foes feel. They have been fearing Brett Favre for years. I bet they can't wait for him to retire.

All Day is a beast. We need a beast and not a bunch of 3rd down backs.

Rastak
10-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Now we to know, to a lesser extent, of how our foes feel. They have been fearing Brett Favre for years. I bet they can't wait for him to retire.

When Favre was in his prime I just hated the guy. He was just unbeatable. Now the bastard is playing at that level again after I stopped hating him because he had declined.....damn it!

HarveyWallbangers
10-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Peterson is a great RB. I agree with JH that Ahman was underrated in a lot of ways. He had tremendous speed, power, moves, great blocker, decent receiver on the dumpoffs and screens. He had the early season fumbling problem and was starting to wear down. Physically, Peterson is as good and he's even a little bigger. The one advantage Ahman had is that he got low to the ground and got leverage on his hits. He could take a pounding, but it eventually even wore on him. It will be interesting to see how Peterson does after taking a pounding for a few years. I do notice that he is starting to run lower to the ground when he's about to take a hit.

oregonpackfan
10-02-2007, 10:15 PM
When I saw Peterson run for Oklahoma in college, my reaction was "Oh, my, this young man is going to be playing on Sundays!"

When I heard he was drafted by the Vikings, my reaction was, "Oh, s____,
the Packers are going to be dealing with him twice a year for many years to come!"

He is the complete package of an RB with speed, size, and power.

I simply do not understand why the Vikings did not play him more often in last Sunday's game--which was a good thing for the Packers!

gbpackfan
10-02-2007, 10:18 PM

When Favre was in his prime I just hated the guy. He was just unbeatable. Now the bastard is playing at that level again after I stopped hating him because he had declined.....damn it!

I kind of thought you would feel that way. The NFC North certainly has to be saying "I thought this guy lost it! What the f**K?"

Partial
10-02-2007, 10:20 PM
He is scary good. I definitely see him as a very rare blue chip player. He is very, very fast in game. As fast as anyone I can remember.

Bretsky
10-02-2007, 10:28 PM
He is scary good. I definitely see him as a very rare blue chip player. He is very, very fast in game. As fast as anyone I can remember.

You were spot on with your call on AP be4 the draft

Partial
10-02-2007, 10:38 PM

I think he is much better than I thought he'd be. The thing that I notice is he is just so unbelievably fast. People time fast when training for the 40, but this guy has in game speed of a whole 'nother level. He looks like the fastest guy on the field and he is built like a tank. He looks incredibly special. I didn't think he'd be nearly this good this soon.

He looks just as fast as he was in college. I didn't think he'd be as effective on this level because the linebackers, safeties, DEs, etc are all so much faster.

HarveyWallbangers
10-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Peterson is great. I'm not scared of him. The only Vikings player I was scared of was Moss after '98. Green Bay has had some good players over the last couple of decades, but I wouldn't think anybody besides Brett and Reggie would scare other team's fans.

Bretsky
10-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Peterson is great. I'm not scared of him. The only Vikings player I was scared of was Moss after '98. Green Bay has had some good players over the last couple of decades, but I wouldn't think anybody besides Brett and Reggie would scare other team's fans.

Sterling Sharpe ??

HarveyWallbangers
10-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Sterling Sharpe ??

I don't think so. Great player. Hall of Fame type player, but Moss looked like he was going to revolutionize the position. That first year it looked like you couldn't cover him with two guys--which totally opened up everything else. Maybe the only WR that I've seen that I'd be scared of.

Scott Campbell
10-02-2007, 11:12 PM
AP has a .000 lifetime winning percentage against the Pack.

3irty1
10-03-2007, 01:15 AM

I think he is much better than I thought he'd be. The thing that I notice is he is just so unbelievably fast. People time fast when training for the 40, but this guy has in game speed of a whole 'nother level. He looks like the fastest guy on the field and he is built like a tank. He looks incredibly special. I didn't think he'd be nearly this good this soon.

He looks just as fast as he was in college. I didn't think he'd be as effective on this level because the linebackers, safeties, DEs, etc are all so much faster.

Not faster than Collins :)

FritzDontBlitz
10-03-2007, 02:17 AM
Cant believe any man wearing purple would ever worry me but after last Sunday I am seriously worried about having to see this guy 2X a years for the next 5 years. He is crazy buff and fast and everything you could want in a RB. I fear he is going to be the next LT. The only thing that can hold him back is getting hurt which with his rough, abusive running style could happen but damn, he is a monster.

he wont last. at least not this season. they are putting the whole offense on his back and it will prolly burn him out by season's end.

MadtownPacker
10-03-2007, 03:03 AM
Not faster than Collins :)That true and if Collins doesnt catch him on that one run AP takes it to the house for a TD. Collins has major quickness because he comes from way back to catch up to players that think they have broken loose. If he could just catch the damn ball he would be a premier safety.

MJZiggy
10-03-2007, 05:02 AM
I've just realized that we don't need to fear AP until Minny stops fearing him. They said they didn't play him more because they didn't want to get him beat up, well until they get over that fear, they'll never utilize him to their best advantage. Here's to "Kickass" Childress and his fears. May he hang onto them long and falter.

Rastak
10-03-2007, 06:48 AM

he wont last. at least not this season. they are putting the whole offense on his back and it will prolly burn him out by season's end.

He had 4 touches in the second half of last game, where do you get this "whole offense" idea?

mraynrand
10-03-2007, 06:59 AM

?? Who do you think beat you up in 2003 and 2004 at the dome and in 2004 at Lambeau (regular season)? And he was pretty damn good even last year in the dome. Probably would have won in 2005 too, if the entire team hadn't gone out with injury (Green, Ferguson, Collins all hurt in that game) I didn't see much decline, except that the group around him declined, and Favre started chucking it up.

SkinBasket
10-03-2007, 07:16 AM

He had 4 touches in the second half of last game, where do you get this "whole offense" idea?

They put up a stat board during the game showing that he's accountable for more than 50 some odd percent of the MIN offense, highest in the league I think it was, so that's probably where he got the idea.

the_idle_threat
10-03-2007, 03:28 PM
I will say this ... he definitely looks better than Chris Brown. :oops:

But the durability issue remains unsettled. Cadillac Williams was a world-beater for a while too when he first got started.

Rastak
10-03-2007, 03:50 PM

They put up a stat board during the game showing that he's accountable for more than 50 some odd percent of the MIN offense, highest in the league I think it was, so that's probably where he got the idea.

Right Skin, but not by touching the ball 50 times a game. That's my point. Unless he meant he might hurt his hammy running free in the secondary all the time....LOL...

HarveyWallbangers
10-03-2007, 04:03 PM
He's actually being used quite a bit--especially for a rookie. He has the 11th most rushing attempts and touches (carries and receptions) in the league. They just didn't use him in the second half of the Packers game. The problem is that they don't trust him to pass block, so they don't want to put him out there in those situations. When he's in the game, he's being used a ton.

MadtownPacker
11-09-2007, 08:13 PM
I wonder what the poll would say if we voted again... :?:

HarveyWallbangers
11-11-2007, 09:24 PM
I wonder what the poll would say if we voted again... :?:

More people would vote "no"--like I did.
:D