PDA

View Full Version : Carucci's Take

Tarlam!
10-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Biggest surprise

Green Bay. I thought the Packers had a chance to be good, but not quite this good. I certainly wouldn't have projected they would be among the NFL's unbeaten teams after four weeks. I thought having Brett Favre at quarterback still would give them their best chance to win, but I never thought he would return to his league MVP form from the 1990s on a consistent basis. I certainly would never have believed he could pull that off without the help of a running game. But Favre does have an impressive defense complementing him and the rest of the Packers' explosive passing attack.

"explosive passing attack". Now, that is a killer.

cpk1994
10-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Biggest surprise

Green Bay. I thought the Packers had a chance to be good, but not quite this good. I certainly wouldn't have projected they would be among the NFL's unbeaten teams after four weeks. I thought having Brett Favre at quarterback still would give them their best chance to win, but I never thought he would return to his league MVP form from the 1990s on a consistent basis. I certainly would never have believed he could pull that off without the help of a running game. But Favre does have an impressive defense complementing him and the rest of the Packers' explosive passing attack.

"explosive passing attack". Now, that is a killer.

Agreed. Ironic though. I thought that the passing attack was supposed to suck because TT didn't get Moss? I mean that was proclaimed by one poster who claims to know it all, claims hes right and everyone else is wrong.

The Leaper
10-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Explosive is a poor choice of words. We aren't explosive. Randy Moss and Tom Brady are explosive.

Our passing attack is more overwhelming than it is explosive. Favre spreads it all over the field, 5-8 yards at a time for the most part and really stretches the secondary, causing mistakes.

Patler
10-03-2007, 11:42 AM
I would call the Packers passing game "relentless".

First drive of the 3rd quarter lasts 8:56 on the game clock, covers just 54 yards. The offense runs 14 plays before kicking a FG. Sounds like a grind it out drive, and it was, but 10 of the plays were passes, with 7 being completions for 7, 8, 10, 4, 2, 16 and 2 yards. 49 yards on 7 completions.

Relentless......nothing big, nothing fancy, just continually picking away.

b bulldog
10-03-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't think our D is real impressive, solid but not impressive imo.

Jimx29
10-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Agreed. Ironic though. I thought that the passing attack was supposed to suck because TT didn't get Moss? I mean that was proclaimed by one poster who claims to know it all, claims hes right and everyone else is wrong.If we were to have Moss right now with DD, GJ and him all lined up, and...that good possibility that K-Rob could be on the same line.....i'd have to call that really un-sucky