PDA

View Full Version : Article about Coston

Patler
10-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Interesting to see why the coaches have been so high on his potential:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=670336

CaliforniaCheez
10-03-2007, 07:08 PM
I was most impressed by the Charger game. He was getting a lot of good blocks and a few of them well downfield.

Last spring I questioned if he would make the roster. The Packers have really developed this guy who was drafted as a Center.

I'm seeing a good job by Coston especially when not zone blocking.

retailguy
10-03-2007, 07:43 PM
I was most impressed by the Charger game. He was getting a lot of good blocks and a few of them well downfield.

Last spring I questioned if he would make the roster. The Packers have really developed this guy who was drafted as a Center.

I'm seeing a good job by Coston especially when not zone blocking.

Interesting. I have yet to see him play, couldn't watch the last two games, but I'll be tuning in for Sunday night and plan to watch him.

Reading what Nutz wrote though, it is interesting how different the opinions, you seem to like him, Nutz has little regard for him...

KYPack
10-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Coston gives the greater upside. He was pretty bad his first couple years, but he was just a kid. For his age, he's about the age of most rooks in his 3rd season.

Spitz gave Coston his big chance by playing very poorly.

When he plays well, Coston can shove guys around. That's more than Spitz can do. I see Spitz as a multi-position back-up. Both guard spots and maybe center.

If Coston continues to develop, he can be a big thing for us.

Now, what do we do with Colledge? Sheesh, that guy is worse than last year. Course, he's played against some real toughies, maybe "normal" opponents will help the boy.

packers11
10-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Now, what do we do with Colledge?

Where did Moll go???

Wasn't he competing with Colledge at one point???

MJZiggy
10-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Now, what do we do with Colledge?

Where did Moll go???

Wasn't he competing with Colledge at one point???

Moll is injured.

Partial
10-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Colledge will come around. They should turn him into a tackle in the next year or so.

HarveyWallbangers
10-04-2007, 12:33 PM
On the play where Korey Hall almost fumbled, check out the OL that got his helmet knocked off. It was Coston. He is athletic. I had a Gabe Wilkins moment there. Gabe had that fumble return against Tampa Bay that made him millions--when he showed off great athleticism. That play made me feel the same way about Coston. Hopefully, Coston has a better career.